Predicted 2021 record for Tennessee football

Predicted wins and losses

• Total voters
I think they'll be more fun to watch, at least. But have no clue how that will translate to the win loss column. I've resolved to just try to enjoy the ride this year and wait to decide whether to jump on the hype train or board the fail dozer.

Well put; I'm of the same mind. Regardless, I'm looking forward to getting back to Knoxville for some games again afyer last year's hiatus. Hopefully the liters of beer I lift at Schulzbrau will be in celebration and not the alternative!

I still think we are severely underestimating the amount of talent we lost with very little to replace it. There might be better discipline but this is a rebuild season if I have ever seen one.

Schedule might see us get to 6-6 but my money is on 5-7

We should be thinking 8-4 when you look at our roster, the state of the sec East, and the strength of schedule. We have a solid roster compared to everyone on the schedule except for bama and uga. Florida’s roster has a little more talent than us but not by a whole lot.
But when I opened the thread I knew most of our fans would say something like 6-6. Were just scorned from a decade of continually under achievement. Continually. Eventually that pendulum will swing back our way. Hopefully those days are now.

7-5, but hoping we finally have a football coach, offense scores on everyone, d holds there own. Hype shows he for real, 9- 3 and put up a fight against the big 3 if not get one.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I said 6-6 because, I honesty have no idea what this team will do.
Yep, ditto. For some reason I think they'll drop one or two they really shouldn't, and may sneak up on one or two opponents and surprise them. I have no idea either, though.
This is where I'm kinda at also. I picked 6-6 but wouldnt be surprised if its anywhere between 9-3 or 3-9 honestly. I can look at talent on paper and coaching history till the end of time but untill they take the field and play a few games it's just a wild a## guess for me.

Lane Kiffin is the only coach since Fulmer to finish his first season with a winning record. Dooley went 6-7 he did make a bowl game however. Butch and Pruitt both went 5-7

I'm at 6-6. Three cupcakes, Vandy, and South Carolina should be wins (Vandy and Gamebirds are really, really bad). Pick up a win from the remaining opponents and take a trip to beat up some B10 team again.

Well, if we go 3-9, then 3 of those losses better be by only 2-3 points or we got another Butch on our hands.
3-9 would be pretty hard to swallow, regardless. There are 3 cupcakes on the schedule. Pitt, Vandy and SC should be bad. Mizz, UK, and Ole Miss are just OK. It would be hard for me to maintain any hope if we don't win at least win 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
The last 3 coaches underperformed their talent in the first year. Dooley actually came the closest to using what he had. A few who were against those hires anyway started talking about firing the coach. The vast majority though gave a first year pass.

In all honesty, good coaches are good coaches from the start. They get the potential or even more from the rosters they coach. I understand your emotion. But the truth is it will be a really bad sign if Heupel wins less than 6 games with this roster against this schedule. This is a six to 8 win roster against this schedule. You can argue with me or dismiss this idea but this "either/or" type of prediction was very accurate for the last two guys. Both underperformed their rosters in year one. Both were fired and consistently underperformed their rosters.

this dude will for sure complain after Game 1. Book it.

this dude will for sure complain after Game 1. Book it.
And this dude will make excuses until group think tells him to start throwing stones.

For me- depends on whether Heupel and his staff perform to a reasonable level or not. Usually that's measured in wins but you could sell me in year one on a 6 win team that plays everyone close and competitive. You can delude yourself if you like but the last 2 coaches in particular ultimately failed for the same reason they failed in their first year. Good coaches get performance equal to the level of talent they have. Great coaches get more. That's true whether they have 4 win talent or 15 win talent. Bad coaches... do the opposite... like Jones and Pruitt.

Capture.JPG
6 seems possible --> ESPN FPI chances

YEP:
vsTennessee Tech 99.1%
vsBowling Green 96.9%
vsSouth Alabama 91.2%
vsVanderbilt 86.6%
vsSouth Carolina 62.4%

MAYBE:
vsPittsburgh 45.1%
@Missouri 38.7%
@ kentucky 37.3%
vsOle Miss 36.8%

NOPE:
vs#5 Georgia 13.8%
@#13 Florida 12.2%
@#1 Alabama 3.5%

View attachment 388208
6 seems possible --> ESPN FPI chances

YEP:
vsTennessee Tech 99.1%
vsBowling Green 96.9%
vsSouth Alabama 91.2%
vsVanderbilt 86.6%
vsSouth Carolina 62.4%

So 4-8 it is
MAYBE:
vsPittsburgh 45.1%
@Missouri 38.7%
@ kentucky 37.3%
vsOle Miss 36.8%

NOPE:
vs#5 Georgia 13.8%
@#13 Florida 12.2%
@#1 Alabama 3.5%

So 4-8 it is Rifleman

Well put; I'm of the same mind. Regardless, I'm looking forward to getting back to Knoxville for some games again afyer last year's hiatus. Hopefully the liters of beer I lift at Schulzbrau will be in celebration and not the alternative!
I have really not been around Knoxville much lately, but I'm headed in for the full labor day weekend and you just have me exactly what I am looking for in my life.

I'm in the 5-7 camp. We'll beat Bowling green, Tennessee tech,South Alabama,South Carolina and Candy. Hopefully we'll get one of Missouri, Kentucky or Pitt but I'm not very confident. Just being realistic. Everyone penciling Pitt in as an automatic win may wanna take off the orange shades.

VN Store

Back