The Official #19 Tennessee vs. #13 Memphis Game Thread

The DIRT DAUBER in town? Love that guy!

I wonder if anybody on this board remembers when Darden nearly died at an away game? It might have been during the Ernie & Bernie years. He hit his head swimming at the hotel swimming pool and was unconscious at the bottom for a minute or 2. Nearly another (CDD's staff getting hit by the train, David Moss, Jack Stroud) unspeakable tragedy.

I wonder if anybody on this board remembers when Darden nearly died at an away game? It might have been during the Ernie & Bernie years. He hit his head swimming at the hotel swimming pool and was unconscious at the bottom for a minute or 2. Nearly another (CDD's staff getting hit by the train, David Moss, Jack Stroud) unspeakable tragedy.
I remember.

I was there at the FedEx last year and it was glorious watching them beat them. Going in all the Tiger fans were giving us crap, we were in a pretty pro-UT section but we had a few Tiger fans get pissed at us when that fight happened.

I got mad at one of the blatant flops late in the 2nd half and compared their flopping to the LA Clippers, and that struck a nerve with some Memphis fans around me. They gave me dirty looks.

I had been gracious all game only cheering for my team and never bashed Memphis, but I finally snapped at one of the flops.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I got mad at one of the blatant flops late in the 2nd half and compared their flopping to the LA Clippers, and that struck a nerve with some Memphis fans around me. They gave me dirty looks.

I had been gracious all game only cheering for my team and never bashed Memphis, but I finally snapped at one of the flops.

Yeah the flops really pissed us off but for the most part our crowd was pretty respectful. Walking out though some Tiger fans were still chirping at us and finally I had enough and told one guy to look at the scoreboard before talking some more and he shut up. Living among Memphis fans down here I really hope we put a beat down on them. They've gotten big heads since the football team has had a few good seasons in a row and now that Penny is back.

Does anybody know when the game will be available as a replay on the espn app? I'm in Boston for a wedding and was hoping to watch it later tonight.

So coming into this game, do most people think Memphis and Tennessee are fairly evenly matched (with the exception of coaching)? I’m thinking it will come down to the wire and hope home court is enough to get it done.

So coming into this game, do most people think Memphis and Tennessee are fairly evenly matched (with the exception of coaching)? I’m thinking it will come down to the wire and hope home court is enough to get it done.

Memphis has a talented team, minus Wiseman and Quinones. But their entire rotation is freshman and a few sophomores. They play no upperclassmen. Memphis is better in the post, but I like our senior guards. UT has the edge at home for sure. It’s going to be highly difficult for that young Memphis team to win in TBA today. If they do, kudos to them.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
My biggest concern is depth, especially if refs try to make the game about them. Here’s hoping the good guys come out hot early, keep up on the boards and minimize the turnovers. GBO!!

Reactions: I4Vols
My biggest concern is depth, especially if refs try to make the game about them. Here’s hoping the good guys come out hot early, keep up on the boards and minimize the turnovers. GBO!!

That’s critical too. Got to keep Fulky out of foul trouble.

Memphis has a talented team, minus Wiseman and Quinones. But their entire rotation is freshman and a few sophomores. They play no upperclassmen. Memphis is better in the post, but I like our senior guards. UT has the edge at home for sure. It’s going to be highly difficult for that young Memphis team to win in TBA today. If they do, kudos to them.
Plus add to the fact we have a better coach. Penny isn’t even a close second

Why do they have to make us wait until 3:10 for the tip. Let's go Vols!! Beat the snot out of the tigers today!

VN Store

Back