Prayers For Marta's Mother

Continuing to lift up Marta. This poor kid just can't get a break. Every year something happens to completely disrupt her season. Of course nothing compares to what she is apparently going thru right now. Among all the current good news for the LVs, let's continue to remember one who is going thru the struggle of her young life.

QUOTE="glv98, post: 22280930, member: 74304"]Continuing to lift up Marta. This poor kid just can't get a break. Every year something happens to completely disrupt her season. Of course nothing compares to what she is apparently going thru right now. Among all the current good news for the LVs, let's continue to remember one who is going thru the struggle of her young life.[/

QUOTE="glv98, post: 22280930, member: 74304"]Continuing to lift up Marta. This poor kid just can't get a break. Every year something happens to completely disrupt her season. Of course nothing compares to what she is apparently going thru right now. Among all the current good news for the LVs, let's continue to remember one who is going thru the struggle of her young life.[/
Yes,somethings are much more important

Poor Marta. Just can’t catch a break as far as basketball goes. I hope she is able to spend lots of time with her mum and family.

If she returns next season I look forward to it.

With her absence it does make our rotations a little easier. We were a bit overloaded at her position this season. We will need her next year in a big way though. Godspeed Marta.

We will miss Marta's aggression and ability to get to the free throw line (and shoot them pretty well at 77%). She is 2nd on the team in FT rate, and Tamari was 3rd. Brooklynn is 1st but she's playing less than 9 minutes per game.

Luckily, we're shooting MUCH better from the floor this year (46.1% vs. 41.4% last year; 31.9% on 3s vs. 29.7% last year), so getting to the FT line doesn't seem as important to our offense as it has been in years past.

Marta is also 3rd on the team in offensive rebounding %, but it seems like we have plenty of other players excelling in that area. (She's also 2nd on the team in turnover rate, though that's improved from her freshman year.)

If DP is correct and this is NOT about her mom’s cancer, I wouldn’t bet on her coming back.

Seems CKH gave all signs of why she won't be back. Injury career, halfway around the world and mom battling cancer has to be weighing on her constantly mentally and physically. I'd be surprised if she is back as well.

Reactions: Voluble2
If DP is correct and this is NOT about her mom’s cancer, I wouldn’t bet on her coming back.
kellie presser kellie said personal could mean many things. and she talked about who would fill marta role. shes going to miss more games . kellie did not say if she was coming back this year or if she was. hope marta comes back if not wish her and mother the best. if you pray think of marta and family

marta step away from baskettball temporarily for personal reasons marta will continue studies remotely she will return to spain do not know if she gone but she going home she remain enrolled at ut where i got this lady vol twitter some post if you want. prays for ones who prey.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back