Prayers For Marta's Mother

creekdipper

Just saw a tweet from Marta thanking everyone for their support of her mum, who is battling cancer. She said that she and her family are overwhelmed by the public outpouring of support they've received.

Also saw a different Twitter thread from 4 days ago mentioning her mother's illness. Announcer said Marta told her she played harder knowing her mom always dresses in orange when she plays.

I'm tech challenged when using smart phone, so maybe someone more modern can find and post those Twitter threads. I did a volnation forum search about the topic and couldn't find anything. Apologies if this is old news to most.

Along with TK's serious medical issue, it reminded me that these young athletes are often facing real life issues about whivmch few of us are aware. Maybe we can offer a little more grace when critiquing their performances.

The older I get, the less I care about wins and losses and the more I care about these young ladies. Maybe too much, as I never was blessed to have daughters and just feel attached to our players and want the best for them in all things. And get very defensive toward them.

Anyway, prayers for Marta's mom for complete healing. I've lost two dear friends to cancer over the past ten days (both firm believers), but I've also seen some remarkable success stories.

Just saw a tweet from Marta thanking everyone for their support of her mum, who is battling cancer. She said that she and her family are overwhelmed by the public outpouring of support they've received.

Also saw a different Twitter thread from 4 days ago mentioning her mother's illness. Announcer said Marta told her she played harder knowing her mom always dresses in orange when she plays.

I'm tech challenged when using smart phone, so maybe someone more modern can find and post those Twitter threads. I did a volnation forum search about the topic and couldn't find anything. Apologies if this is old news to most.

Along with TK's serious medical issue, it reminded me that these young athletes are often facing real life issues about whivmch few of us are aware. Maybe we can offer a little more grace when critiquing their performances.

The older I get, the less I care about wins and losses and the more I care about these young ladies. Maybe too much, as I never was blessed to have daughters and just feel attached to our players and want the best for them in all things. And get very defensive toward them.

Anyway, prayers for Marta's mom for complete healing. I've lost two dear friends to cancer over the past ten days (both firm believers), but I've also seen some remarkable success stories.
Beautifully said CD.

Yes the hits keep coming to this team and their families. Prayers sent to Marta's mother this is very sad news.

As Al McGuire once said, "the only place winning is really important is war and surgery."

Hope Marta mother gets better. Maybe some here cut her slack. She only played ten games with a foot anybody could see its hurting her. Do not know what Marta had done her or if 100% or geting better. But she moving ok this year. Maybe she needs time to knot off the rust. She has set picks and rebounds. Not bad passer to. She played guard for spain. Kellie said she can play 1-4 . Do i want her runing point all the time no but she handles ball ok . Who ever picks all sec teams saw something to they put Marta on all freshmen team.

VN Store

Back