Prayer request for family (hospice)

VolNExile

Easily amused
My SIL (husband’s wife), her husband, and her doctors decided last night to place her on inpatient hospice. She was admitted the night before with intractable pain, and CTs showed the bone mets in her spine have increased. Unfortunately, her lung cancer did not respond to the chemo-immuno-radiotherapy, and have only made her feel worse on top of the disease itself.

They’ve knocked down the pain a bit, but the meds have her in a total fog. Although we’d all love a miracle, right now we’d be grateful for any prayers for relief from pain combined with clarity and peace of mind for her last days.

She was only diagnosed a few months ago.

My husband will be bringing their mother back with him to Asheville, where I’m working on finding assisted living with memory care for her (she’s 94, scared, confused, and angry, as we all are.)

Thoughts and prayers would be deeply welcomed.

My SIL (husband’s wife), her husband, and her doctors decided last night to place her on inpatient hospice. She was admitted the night before with intractable pain, and CTs showed the bone mets in her spine have increased. Unfortunately, her lung cancer did not respond to the chemo-immuno-radiotherapy, and have only made her feel worse on top of the disease itself.

They’ve knocked down the pain a bit, but the meds have her in a total fog. Although we’d all love a miracle, right now we’d be grateful for any prayers for relief from pain combined with clarity and peace of mind for her last days.

She was only diagnosed a few months ago.

My husband will be bringing their mother back with him to Asheville, where I’m working on finding assisted living with memory care for her (she’s 94, scared, confused, and angry, as we all are.)

Thoughts and prayers would be deeply welcomed.
Prayers

Hi Zoners,

My SIL passed peacefully away this morning in hospice. There was time for her family and lifelong friends to visit and reminisce over the last few weeks. We will be bringing my mother-in-law here to Asheville.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot.

Hi Zoners,

My SIL passed peacefully away this morning in hospice. There was time for her family and lifelong friends to visit and reminisce over the last few weeks. We will be bringing my mother-in-law here to Asheville.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot.
Prayers for you and the family, VNE.

Thanks everyone. Cancer is still a bitch, and always will be until we finally get the upper hand, but I’m grateful for hospice, that at least allows the terminally ill to slip away in some level of morphine-induced comfort. Pretty damn rough on the family and other visitors though. Daily visits for two weeks, watching her turn into skin and bones, slowly slipping away.

Don’t forget to tell the important people in your life that you love them. You may not get the chance when you’re up against the wall.

VN Store

Back