pray for my wife

I just saw this, but I’m thinking of you all. My husband has lupus and I know what a rollercoaster it can be. I hope she is doing better now.
Thanks, it's definitely a roller coaster.

Had to run to the er. I'm not sure if she has the flu, or it's infection related. Her temp has been going up, and hit 104.1 earlier, so I brought her. Not that I want her to have the flu, but that's probably better than surgery related. She was doing better yesterday, but going out could've exposed her to the flu. I'll update when I find out.

Had to run to the er. I'm not sure if she has the flu, or it's infection related. Her temp has been going up, and hit 104.1 earlier, so I brought her. Not that I want her to have the flu, but that's probably better than surgery related. She was doing better yesterday, but going out could've exposed her to the flu. I'll update when I find out.
You got it, Joe. We’re all praying for her.

Lungs were clear on the X-ray, but white blood cells are up a little, he said that shouldn't cause a fever that high. CT scan did show swelling in her left kidney. He talked to the Dr in Atlanta, and they're giving her a different antibiotic to take, and we already have to go to Atlanta Monday. If nothing gets worse, they said she'll be okay until she can see the Dr Monday. He doesn't think it's the flu. However, they didn't even test her for it. This is the same hospital though that had a Dr get almost fighting mad at me once. I came to the er with What I was positive was a kidney stone, but he wouldn't have it because I was nauseous and had a slight fever. He argued me it was impossible, and swore it was my appendix. After his test for that came back negative, he sent me home where I passed the stone 😆. It may not be the flu, but heck, at least check. It's not like it isn't flu season, goober. I think soon as they found out about the surgery, they just automatically think it's related.

Reactions: malinoisvol
After 2 days of her fever hitting over 104, we had an appointment in Atlanta today. I nicely voiced my displeasure about her having a fever this long that keeps going up and down. They've put her back in the hospital, and I told the Dr not to even do it if they weren't gonna try to figure out what the problem was. That just getting her fever down and sending her home was getting old and frustrating. Her fever was only at 99 all day, but it spiked again this evening, and they saw what we were talking about that's been happening. They've taken blood, and gonna do some scans to see if they can find out what is going on. Just keep her in your prayers and thoughts when you can.

After 2 days of her fever hitting over 104, we had an appointment in Atlanta today. I nicely voiced my displeasure about her having a fever this long that keeps going up and down. They've put her back in the hospital, and I told the Dr not to even do it if they weren't gonna try to figure out what the problem was. That just getting her fever down and sending her home was getting old and frustrating. Her fever was only at 99 all day, but it spiked again this evening, and they saw what we were talking about that's been happening. They've taken blood, and gonna do some scans to see if they can find out what is going on. Just keep her in your prayers and thoughts when you can.
Yall hang in there Joe. Still praying.

Goodness. Sending prayers Joe.

I'm not being nosey, but do you have plenty of time from work since all this has gone on? Your work let you do FMLA? Anything you need help with?

Goodness. Sending prayers Joe.

I'm not being nosey, but do you have plenty of time from work since all this has gone on? Your work let you do FMLA? Anything you need help with?
They've been wonderful. Counting today, I've actually only been out 4 days including her surgery. I had went to the lady who handles the FMLA and got the papers. However, when I went to the hr guy, and my big boss, they told me not to even worry with it. They said if I ended up needing a couple of months we'd do it, but for 2-3 weeks they'd take care of me. I know they're a "company", but I've been there for years, and I've seen them sincerely take care of people like this. Thanks for asking though.

They've been wonderful. Counting today, I've actually only been out 4 days including her surgery. I had went to the lady who handles the FMLA and got the papers. However, when I went to the hr guy, and my big boss, they told me not to even worry with it. They said if I ended up needing a couple of months we'd do it, but for 2-3 weeks they'd take care of me. I know they're a "company", but I've been there for years, and I've seen them sincerely take care of people like this. Thanks for asking though.
That's wonderful. Hard to find employers and bosses like that this day and time. Keep us posted.

She just texted me and said that even after they've given her antibiotics, that they said her white blood cell count has doubled. There's definitely infection somewhere. One of the drs did mention today either kidney infection, or possibly c-dif. I hate I'm not there, but glad she is so they are seeing this. They're keeping ice on her, and have her fever back down to 99, so that's good.

VN Store

Back