Power ranking the SEC's Top 10 players after Week 4

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Power ranking the SEC’s Top 10 players after Week 4

1. Hendon Hooker, QB (Tennessee)

Look, as long as No. 5 is on the field in pumpkin orange, the Vols can win any game on their schedule. It’s really that simple. Take this absurdity:

Florida looked to have a momentum-shifting sack, and boom — Tennessee was all set up for another touchdown drive.

The Vols didn’t punt Saturday in their win over No. 20 Florida, and Hooker accounted for 451 of Tennessee’s 576 yards. He also produced 3 touchdowns (2 passing, 1 rushing). Hooker leads the SEC in total offense and passer rating, ranking 4th and 8th in both nationally. He also is 1 of only 6 quarterbacks in FBS in 2022 with 8 touchdown passes and 0 interceptions. He has thrown 213 passes without an interception, and thrown only 2 in his 13 games as Tennessee’s starting quarterback.

Are you starting to understand just how special a player we are dealing with? I hope so. This is the Heisman Trophy frontrunner — or should be — and currently the best player in the SEC.

Power ranking the SEC’s Top 10 players after Week 4

1. Hendon Hooker, QB (Tennessee)

Look, as long as No. 5 is on the field in pumpkin orange, the Vols can win any game on their schedule. It’s really that simple. Take this absurdity:

Florida looked to have a momentum-shifting sack, and boom — Tennessee was all set up for another touchdown drive.

The Vols didn’t punt Saturday in their win over No. 20 Florida, and Hooker accounted for 451 of Tennessee’s 576 yards. He also produced 3 touchdowns (2 passing, 1 rushing). Hooker leads the SEC in total offense and passer rating, ranking 4th and 8th in both nationally. He also is 1 of only 6 quarterbacks in FBS in 2022 with 8 touchdown passes and 0 interceptions. He has thrown 213 passes without an interception, and thrown only 2 in his 13 games as Tennessee’s starting quarterback.

Are you starting to understand just how special a player we are dealing with? I hope so. This is the Heisman Trophy frontrunner — or should be — and currently the best player in the SEC.

Best QB in the country when he's dialed in and it's really not even close.

Thanks for posting. That was a great game to attend and was stressful at the end!

You can thank me for the win ;)

I had something to do Saturday afternoon, so I taped the game and planned on watching that night. I purposely did not want to know the score till the game was over., even killed my phone to avoid text messages. I felt like I bring them bad luck sometimes. Anyway after I got back from a restaurant I turned on the TV figuring it was over (after all it was after 7). To my surprise there was still about 4 minutes left with UT winning by 11, so I felt comfortable to watch the remaining game. In the next few minutes TN fails to convert on 4th and 3, Florida scores a TD, then recovers an onside kick. I wanted the victory so I turned it off. When I was sure it was over, I was glad to find out we pulled it off. Call me silly, but I'm convinced if I continued to watch, that last pass by the Florida QB would have been a 60 yard TD completion for the game. :eek:

So how much will you pay me not to watch the games live?:p:rolleyes:

We’ve had some great QBs over the years, but this is the first time since Peyton that I am comfortable saying that we have one where there is a legitimate case that he is the best in the country.

(let’s not derail another thread with Martin/Clausen/Bray/Dobbs debate about who is better).

We’ve had some great QBs over the years, but this is the first time since Peyton that I am comfortable saying that we have one where there is a legitimate case that he is the best in the country.

(let’s not derail another thread with Martin/Clausen/Bray/Dobbs debate about who is better).

Let's just hope we never get cursed with another JG and Pruitt type of situation again at the QB position. That was without a doubt mentally and emotionally the hardest time to be a vol.

Reactions: perico
You could get Hooker as the Heisman with +6000 odds preseason.

For those non-gamblers, this means $100 wins you $6,000!

Odds are now +1600. Some have him below +1000

VN Store

Back