Power 5 attrition numbers

LWSVOL

I had not updated this chart in almost a year. Attrition is very dynamic with the portal in play so this is about as up-to-date as something can be with the Portal.

This is just the Power 5 schools, current league configurations. I do not include in attrition numbers players that enter the NFL draft early from the same school that they initially signed with.

Attrition should be divided into: Team Benefits, Neutral/unsure, and Team Suffers.

When you have a fellow who was recruited over or just didn't work out, or is a distraction, then that benefits the team.

When you lose a good starter, or even 2-3 deep, potential future starter Ouch!

Others you just don't know for sure.

Attrition should be divided into: Team Benefits, Neutral/unsure, and Team Suffers.

When you have a fellow who was recruited over or just didn't work out, or is a distraction, then that benefits the team.

When you lose a good starter, or even 2-3 deep, potential future starter Ouch!

Others you just don't know for sure.

it hurts when you lose people. that 4th string guy is scout team fodder that becomes a 3rd or 2nd team guy depending on position depth. Losing players hurts a program period. Remember spring the lack of DBs for practice?

it hurts when you lose people. that 4th string guy is scout team fodder that becomes a 3rd or 2nd team guy depending on position depth. Losing players hurts a program period. Remember spring the lack of DBs for practice?

There's also the "opportunity cost". When you lose an initial counter signer that could have been used on another prospect.

That spread sheet is over my payscale. Could you summarize?
Basically, of all SEC teams, we lost 54% of the players we signed before their time was up between 2014-2021. 107 players, which was the most. The only other school to come close was Arkansas at 50% and 91 players.

Compare that to Alabama that had lost 35%, and you see that we have been playing behind the 8 ball just in terms of numbers, much less talent for a long time.

The portal wont help, but it will hurt everyone. But our instability the past decade really hurt us. These numbers just show that. Ouch.

VN Store

Back