POTS song selection

They also play the opening riff from Black Sabbath's Iron Man.

But I'm wondering why you think there's some significance to it. My guess is that it's just a riff that they've been playing forever.

To me, the best innovation the Pride has done in the last few years is the circle thing the drummers do around the team at the conclusion of pre-game warmups.

I love the band but I do wish they'd change up the music they play in the March to the Stadium and Salute to the Hill. That's gotten stale
^^^This all day. That circle up is the ONLY thing Butch did that is worth a crap. Double the drumline size and make it loud.

I really like when they play that theme from the movie Gladiator when we're on defense. Nothing like it when the defense is trying to make a stand and the stadium is shaking, I miss the early 2000's
Dude, you were < 10 years old. I miss the late 70's early 80's. Real football (unfortunately real brain damage too).

Sounds like you are a Dr. Julian protege. I would love for some of his students take the program over and return it to it's glory and discipline.
Unfortunately a lot (a pride member can confirm numbers) are now hired help. My son was asked to play mellophone when he went. $40 per game plus 16 - 20 hours practice a week. In 2008 $40 per game was hardly gas money for him from W. Knoxville and he couldn't afford the time away from school (architect). Wish he had been able to play though.

Dude, you were < 10 years old. I miss the late 70's early 80's. Real football (unfortunately real brain damage too).
I started early haha. My favourite season that I remember was the 2004 season. My dad took me to most of the games that year, I remember my mind being blown seeing us in the white Jersey's with orange shoulders to open against UNLV. Life was so beautiful then

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I started early haha. My favourite season that I remember was the 2004 season. My dad took me to most of the games that year, I remember my mind being blown seeing us in the white Jersey's with orange shoulders to open against UNLV. Life was so beautiful then

If the 2004 season is one of your favorite Vol memories, my hope is that you get to experience what myself and a slew of others got to experience through our lifetime. UT was almost always in the mix for SEC champs until the past 12 years.

But hey man, memories with your dad at those games are more important than the outcomes... don’t loose sight of what is really important.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Ui
If the 2004 season is one of your favorite Vol memories, my hope is that you get to experience what myself and a slew of others got to experience through our lifetime. UT was almost always in the mix for SEC champs until the past 12 years.

But hey man, memories with your dad at those games are more important than the outcomes... don’t loose sight of what is really important.
He always jokes that I should've been born 10 years earlier to have seen the glory days. But thank God I've been the time that I've had

Reactions: MoodyVol
Ui
He always jokes that I should've been born 10 years earlier to have seen the glory days. But thank God I've been the time that I've had

Surely it’s only up from here! You probably have a good point. There is a very special generation of Vol fans coming up that can stake a claim that few of the older one can. “I became a fan when UT sucked for a decade”. Now that I think about it, I got tons of mad respect for you. You may be in a better group of fans than we ever were because of your experience!

Reactions: lukeneyland
Ui
Glad you had that time with him Luke. I started following in 2000, went to college in the 2000s. When we return to what we should be, I will savor every minute of if.

Reactions: lukeneyland
I also really like that we play the opposing team's fight song pre-game. Does any other school do that?
Very classy move by UT. Much better than booing the other team coming onto the field. I do not like it when we get booed at other venues and it is a total lack of class in Neyland.

Reactions: zeppelin128

VN Store

Back