Potential Starting Line up and Rotation 2019-2020

I'd go with that, but hoping to inject Kent for ORN. would give us a very big line up and mean we haven't wasted that scholarship all this time.[/QUOTE]
I’d make him the 6th or 7th man.

Turner doesn’t have bad size at all. Particularly if he can play point. His shoulder issues are the problem. If he has a healthy year at or near 100% I think he could get drafted.

I talked to Turner when my daughter graduated in May and he might be 1.5 " taller than me. I am almost 5'11". He is not very big.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Pretty sure he’s talking about how they said basically the same thing about football lol. I tend to believe rob more when it comes to basketball though.
I just have way more faith in the basketball program. Barnes gonna have them looking just fine.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
It wasn't even Rob's opinion. He was referencing how Barnes felt, and I think Barnes has done this a time or two.

It wasn't even Rob's opinion. He was referencing how Barnes felt, and I think Barnes has done this a time or two.
For reference, Barnes thought his first 2 years our goal should be the NCAA tournament. Not sure that is what he felt, but that was his goal. I understand basketball coaches can't state how they really think.

For reference, Barnes thought his first 2 years our goal should be the NCAA tournament. Not sure that is what he felt, but that was his goal. I understand basketball coaches can't state how they really think.
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." -Michelangelo

They say shoot for the stars and settle for the sky.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Rick Barnes is getting some extra help this season in the form of Ken McDonald, who is working as a volunteer assistant. McDonald was previously the head coach at Western Kentucky from 2008-2012 and worked as an assistant at Tulsa last year. He spent this summer as an advance scout for the U.S. National Team in Asia. McDonald was one of the first players that Barnes recruited at Providence and later served on his staff at Texas.
As of today, there is still no word on Uros Plavsic and his appeal for immediate eligibility after transferring from Arizona State. The buzz were hearing is that ASU is being less than cooperative at the moment which, while it doesn’t mean Plavsic will lose his appeal, it can make the process more drawn out.
-VQ

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Seems like CRB likes an 8 man rotation since he’s been at UT. Any reason to think he will go deeper this season?

Unless, when Barnes throws some kids 3 or 5 minutes and they shine, with so many unproven players, this year. That would be big if somebody like JJ exploded for like 20 points or even 12 in 10 minutes. Pons getting a double/double with multiple blocks and TBA exploding dunks. Kent bombing 3s and scoring in the paint, blocking shots and giving out dimes (I really liked the way he passed in high school). All 3 of those guys have been groomed by Barnes for 3 years and that's the magic number so far, during Barnes stint at UT, imo

If he only plays 8 with Plavsic available it would be James,Turner,Bowden,Fulkerson,Plavsic,Johnson,Pons,and Kent.

Without Plavsic insert ORN.

I'm kind of amazed that Kent is potentially going to contribute after being on the team for about 2 and a half years and logging just 13 minutes in 2 games. I'm pulling for him to stay injury free and to stay out of a shooting slump. I know he handles the ball pretty and runs pretty well. I wonder if he's capable of playing physical post defense or posting up and banging on offense. I also wonder if he'll be a reliable free throw shooter. We barely know the guy.

If he only plays 8 with Plavsic available it would be James,Turner,Bowden,Fulkerson,Plavsic,Johnson,Pons,and Kent.

Without Plavsic insert ORN.

If ZK is ready to roll then that makes Pember a stronger candidate to redshirt. Same deal possibly with Jalen Johnson... if he's a strong contributor then Gaines could take a redshirt as well. Doubt that CRB can afford to RS Pember AND Gaines with 11 eligible or even 10 if Plavsic has to sit out.

VN Store

Back