Potential of Stoops to FSU a distraction for Cats?

Someone needs to work on their grammar. Go back and see how you worded your comment.

There isn't anything wrong with my grammar. I said they aren't firing Taggart and hiring Mark Stoops, and I stand by it. If you got from that I was saying they aren't firing Taggart, that's your problem; because it's pretty clear that's not what I was saying at all.

He'll just guarantee his team he aint going nowhere. And, after their final game, he'll "do the right thing for his family" and rent a moving van. Would he stoop so low? Man, it's in his name!

FSU Is NOT hiring STOOPS!! That's just Stupid. Fsu fired Taggart early so as to get a leg up on the OTHER Schools looking to Fire Then Hire a great coach. Urban Meyer comes to mind. Cristabol, Chris Klienman (Kst) Dave Clawson, PJ Fleck, James Franklin, Coaches on this Level. Stoops ain't.

He was 5-15 in the NFL. Not much chance at sniffing the one bowl game with that record.
Agreed. But it was the Raiders and he was forced to draft Jamarcus Russell. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s a good coach.

Since his 1st year where he went 2-10 with MAC level talent at best, he's gone 38-31. Pretty damn impressive. I do not want to lose him!

you might not want to lose him, but that's far from an impressive record. It is good at Kentucky where they are satisfied, but it would not work at most of the big schools.

it's been a while since either Tennessee or Kentucky had a coach with a record that could be called impressive.

FSU Is NOT hiring STOOPS!! That's just Stupid. Fsu fired Taggart early so as to get a leg up on the OTHER Schools looking to Fire Then Hire a great coach. Urban Meyer comes to mind. Cristabol, Chris Klienman (Kst) Dave Clawson, PJ Fleck, James Franklin, Coaches on this Level. Stoops ain't.
Maybe not, but a Florida sports writer on Feinbaum just said he is the kind of coach FL State needs.

Last edited:
True. They didn't want to pay to keep Fisher, and now they outbid Penn State? Cause I guarantee you Penn State will counter. FSU doesn't have the oil money that Texas A&M has.
No they don't have oil money but they just raise 20 million in donations for a buyout. I am just saying. If I am at FSU, great weather, great state for recruiting, and a large almuni base, I am taking a stab at him.

So who would you want for the next Kentucky head football coach if Mark Stoops was hired away by FSU?

Neal Brown maybe? I cant really think of any high profile guys who would want it. And I cant really think of any obvious coordinators who stand out to me.

No they don't have oil money but they just raise 20 million in donations for a buyout. I am just saying. If I am at FSU, great weather, great state for recruiting, and a large almuni base, I am taking a stab at him.

sure. just don't think they'll get him, but you never know

Reactions: fossilfiction

sure. just don't think they'll get him, but you never know

Neal Brown maybe? I cant really think of any high profile guys who would want it. And I cant really think of any obvious coordinators who stand out to me.

Butch Jones!

So who would you want for the next Kentucky head football coach if Mark Stoops was hired away by FSU?

You could go with a has been if you think they’ve learned from past failures: Willie Taggert. Charlie Strong. Lane Kiffin. Bobby Petrino. Les Miles.

Or an up and comer: Derrick Ansley, Josh Heupel, etc

ORRRRR you could get crazy and hire Mike Leach.

You could go with a has been if you think they’ve learned from past failures: Willie Taggert. Charlie Strong. Lane Kiffin. Bobby Petrino. Les Miles.

Strong, Petrino would never be accepted here. I cant see UK fans enjoying getting Cardinal sloppy seconds. Kiffin, meh. No idea about Ansley. I thought he was gonna be here for a long time and then he bolted right after a promotion. Lame move to me. Leach would be interesting but I feel like he has a good thing going up in Washington. Why would he leave for all the stress?

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

If I was FreeShoesUniversity, I would look at Stoops, Heupal, Norvell, Dino Babers and any OC/DC from Clemson or LSU.

Strong, Petrino would never be accepted here. I cant see UK fans enjoying getting Cardinal sloppy seconds. Kiffin, meh. No idea about Ansley. I thought he was gonna be here for a long time and then he bolted right after a promotion. Lame move to me. Leach would be interesting but I feel like he has a good thing going up in Washington. Why would he leave for all the stress?

Washington State is the little brother of Washington, ala MichSt, and campus is in the boonies of Western WA.

It would be scary to see what kind of recruits Leech could pull in from Florida.

Open up the checkbook and hire DC Venables from Clemson.

Good defensive minded coach who could do well there.

VN Store

Back