Potential 2023 Records for VOL Fans

VOL89grad

Just watching NFL games today, looked up some Guinness Book of Records items for fan participation which folks may want to capture for RockyTop.

First is loudest stadium. 142 decibels at Chief’s Arrowhead stadium in 2014 (How loud is Arrowhead Stadium? Details on record-breaking decibel level at Chiefs' GEHA Field). Pretty impressive for a venue that only holds a little under 80K.

Longest Wave. This record is also pretty impressive… an almost 30 minute wave (Wave (audience) - Wikipedia)

Both records could shift to Rocky Top in 2023, but would obviously take a little prior planning to get everyone onboard for the win.

All my Best, Go VOLS and Go VOL Fans😎

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Most of the time our fans do the wave at the wrong time anyway... its meant to be a distraction and our fans start it while we're on offense (I know it is difficult to think things through, but come on)... so I have not participated in a Neyland "wave" in a very long time.

Just watching NFL games today, looked up some Guinness Book of Records items for fan participation which folks may want to capture for RockyTop.

First is loudest stadium. 142 decibels at Chief’s Arrowhead stadium in 2014 (How loud is Arrowhead Stadium? Details on record-breaking decibel level at Chiefs' GEHA Field). Pretty impressive for a venue that only holds a little under 80K.

Longest Wave. This record is also pretty impressive… an almost 30 minute wave (Wave (audience) - Wikipedia)

Both records could shift to Rocky Top in 2023, but would obviously take a little prior planning to get everyone onboard for the win.

All my Best, Go VOLS and Go VOL Fans😎
If you believe the Chiefs or Georgia’s so called “records” are legitimate I got some lakefront property in Arizona for ya

That wouldn’t surprise me

Wish this is what they did, as I would respect it more than what they actually did. Was there and sat closer than I do in Neyland. Neyland was much louder for both Bama and UF. The “decibel meter” at UGA was just a digital number displayed on a screen and, thus, subject to both manipulation and falsification rather easily. If you pay close attention, the UT decibel meter displayed on screen is an actual live feed of a real decibel meter on the field.

Notably the 106dB they showed early in the first quarter was not any louder than the later 130ish dB claims, in which I was able to have full conversations with the UGA fans beside and behind me. Multiple of them also laughed at that and remarked that it was a “cool gimmick.” If it had actually been 130+, there would’ve been no conversation able to be had. Thus, a simple gimmick akin to photoshop.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Seattle is louder than KC. Anyone can be loud if you wait to yell until prompted
Yea that record kinda feels inflated. It just seems highly unlikely that Mich, OSU, Penn St, A&M, or UT hasn't approached those levels at some point in a game. Hell the Battle at Bristol had 150k at that game and probably should have broken that record just by talking to the person next to them.

Are we still arguing about how loud we can be? Guys, drop it.

How about we focus on winning football games and not arbitrary fan records like how many decibles something was or how tall grass is or how many hotdogs our AD can eat vs Nick Saban.

VN Store

Back