Postpone Oklahoma series?

But you said Alabama's AD wasn't a moron because they scheduled Duke, but we were smart because we scheduled BYU, so.......oh never mind, I never know wtf you're talking about.

Yes you do.
You just try to dumb down the conversation so you can try to make a point with the we ain’t skurred group.
I will try this again...you gain nothing by risking a top 10 game out of conference game if you want to make the 4 team playoff. If you schedule candy canes but win the sec you are in...if you schedule candy canes and lose in the championship game or to bama you are still in....see LSU and Ga.

If you schedule a top ten and lose and do the same thing as LSU or GA did then you are out.

Why is simple statistics so hard for you? The past 14 seasons show this.

Damn....quit going for the likes from all over-all crowd and actually do some simple risk vs reward forecasting.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yes you do.
You just try to dumb down the conversation so you can try to make a point with the we ain’t skurred group.
I will try this again...you gain nothing by risking a top 10 game out of conference game if you want to make the 4 team playoff. If you schedule candy canes but win the sec you are in...if you schedule candy canes and lose in the championship game or to bama you are still in....see LSU and Ga.

If you schedule a top ten and lose and do the same thing as LSU or GA did then you are out.

Damn....quit going for the likes from all over-all crowd and actually do some simple risk vs reward forecasting.
Bama schedules big programs and wins championships. Quit being our resident *****! Or don’t...you affect nothing with your gerrymandered “simple statistics”. 😎

Reactions: hog88
Yes you do.

Blah blah blah. I've already explained my position on this several times and I don't care if you or anyone else "likes" it.

I honestly can't believe this conversation. I'm glad we don't have Oklahoma this year, but if we did, so what? You friggin play'um.

I don't want to play Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State and Washington in the same year, but for Gods sake, we can't be afraid to play 1 good OOC game. Its ridiculous to even discuss. Get good and beat everybody, you don't except how bad you suck and schedule accordingly.

Smdh.

Reactions: Vol865 and butchna
I personally don’t understand the group that looks at any UPCOMING schedule and just want to find the easiest path for us to win. JMO, and preference, I love the big and closest wins (or loses). It’s entertaining, still a fan either way. Otherwise, you’re taking it to the point of just lusting after win to loss record. Just takes the fun out of just being a fan. Like I said, JMO.

I personally don’t understand the group that looks at any UPCOMING schedule and just want to find the easiest path for us to win. JMO, and preference, I love the big and closest wins (or loses). It’s entertaining, still a fan either way. Otherwise, you’re taking it to the point of just lusting after win to loss record. Just takes the fun out of just being a fan. Like I said, JMO.

I understand their fear. We've been underwhelming or worse for a long time. We've had losses to Oregon and Oklahoma in home and home series and just got beat up by WV and now we've got Oklahoma next year. It looks scary right now, but if Pruitt and gang really get it going, the fraidy cats will be the ones saying WGWTFA by the time spring practice is done next year.

They can't win the argument about not playing Alabama every year, so they moved on to this.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Would love to see us play some more OC games. ND, USC, Michigan, Texas. Teams we don't get to see much. Thats why I love CF more than the NFL. All the traditions and pageantry that goes hand and hand with it.

It’s on the schedule so it stays.
But there is no gain in college football by having the hardest schedule until they go to a true playoff or an 8 team playoff.
All they look at at the end of the year is how many loses you had.
If you want TN to ever win another NC, you schedule a decent schedule but you don’t try to schedule the hardest in the nation.
That would apply to any school trying to get into the 4 team playoff the way it is now.

Alabama’s non conference game next year is Duke cause their AD isn’t a moron.
We had the 74th hardest strength of schedule in the country last year, right behind Marshall and Kansas State....and that included Alabama which we play every year and a top 15 West Virginia to open the season. We got a long way to go before worrying about playing the hardest schedule in the country.
4 out of conference wins what's not to like?;)
4 OOC wins? I can see both BYU and UAB giving us a fit and winning if we’re not greatly improved over last year.

This is essentially the same argument for moving the Alabama game...maybe we should just opt to move to a different conference if we just want to take the easy route.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back