Postpone Oklahoma series?

John Adams

Hopefully that link works...Adams thinks we should postpone the home and home with Oklahoma. I think that's BS, I'm more of a "play anyone anywhere anytime" kind of guy myself. What do you guys think, should TN try to delay and hope to be ready in a few more years. What would that say to recruits who want to play against the best?
Probably wont be ready next year, but should be the next

That would be a Butch Jones move to change it. Pruitt and Fulmer will play who is on the schedule.

its be nice to replace it with a similar, more exciting foe. Oklahoma was one we've already done recently. id rather play Clemson, Va Tech, or regional foe.

EXACTLY..!!
Once CJP is putting HIS OWN team on the field...I hope they don't postpone on US..!!
GBO.
To'oto'o, Crouch & Harrison on the second level. A pair of juniors in Alontae & Bryce at corner. That prolific offense won't even be able to move the damn ball.

Click Bait Adams strikes again!?!?!

giphy.gif

I agree. I don't get the point of wasting the time. He's been doing the same thing for 30 years.
The News Sentinel has let their Sports Department drop to nothing in their in House writing Talent while holding on to this bum who I think the UT Athletic Department has a long-standing warning to the student-athletes and coaches to not supply any quotes because he has a long time tendency to turn them into self-serving headline Grabbers. He likes to present himself as a crusty curmudgeon, but he is nothing but a little twerp who never had any inkling of an athletic capability that somehow was able to luck into a job at a fairly large newspaper when in actuality he reached his Peter Principle point when he left the Port Lavaca newspaper. Now he is just holding the position that could be occupied by a real writer that should be easy to get now that the newspaper business is almost dead.

Putting tradition aside, playing Alabama every year puts UT at a disadvantage compared to most schools. You disagree?
Just speaking for myself. Tradition is a big part of being a Tennessee fan,sot I don't want to put tradition aside.

But to answer your question. Yea, if we had beaten Alabama last year we would have gone to a bowl, but if we had beaten Vandy OR Mizz OR South Carolina...it wouldn't have mattered. Also, the way we've played the past 10+ years, whoever replaced them probably would have beat us anyway, and if they didn't, Vandy would have keep us out of a bowl.

And...Alabama hasn't been the reason we haven't gone to Atlanta. Name the last time they kept us from Atlanta.

Alabama ain't our problem. When they actually are, I'll reconsider my opinion.

Reactions: KBVol and hog88
Tennessee first played Oklahoma in the 1939 Orange Bowl. Neyland's Vols WTFA, 17-0. The two teams next met in the 1968 Orange Bowl. Fairbanks' Okies eked by Dickey's Vols, 26-24. UT being UT, a home & away series was scheduled with OU for 2014-15. The Lyle Vols got whooped in Norman, 34-10. In Knoxville, the Dobbs Vols were winning until the 4th quarter, when prevent D failed to prevent. Baker Mayfield declared Neyland the loudest, most intimidating place to play as a visiting team.

Play 'em, again. 2020 will do just fine.

Putting tradition aside, playing Alabama every year puts UT at a disadvantage compared to most schools. You disagree?

This is true...but it won't be long before the Bammers are saying the same thing about having to play UT every year...😎

Playing a tough out of conference schedule does no one any good and not playing a tough one hasn't kept anyone out of the playoff in a Power 5 conference. The "play anyone anywhere" crowd will be complaining when we play a tough OOC opponent then four tough SEC games back to back.

Linking to John Adams and creating a thread without his name in the title is akin to scooping shart outta your neighbors toilet and leaving it on your other neighbors porch and ringing the door bell.

Linking to John Adams and creating a thread without his name in the title is akin to scooping shart outta your neighbors toilet and leaving it on your other neighbors porch and ringing the door bell.
Maybe you prefer this John Adams

VN Store

Back