Posted without comment....

I’ve seen plenty of great women’s basketball games. This has nothing to do with them being women, it has to do with the ineptitude on display. There is no offensive set. It looks like street ball and then the defense or lack thereof at the end was horrendous. The men can have horrid games too. Just look at Saturday’s Virginia Tech, NC State game. This is not Lady Vol basketball.

I remember a time when I enjoyed watching TN women’s bb more than the men’s team. CPS’s teams were tough, aggressive, disciplined, conditioned, and ran offensive plays with precision. To summarize, extremely well coached. You could not use any of these terms to describe the current condition of Lady Vol bb. Sad and pathetic.

More than 1.5 million people have viewed this now-viral video, and the comments about it are brutal.

Ugh.

Reactions: orangealways
Good GAWD! In just a few minutes’ time the views have gone up to 1.8 million. This is a nightmare. :(

Reactions: BreatheUT
The complete ineptitude on display by both teams is staggering.
Some of the worst basketball I have ever seen, except for some of the games I saw last month. Did you see the break vandy ad coming down the middle of the court and had a player coming down the left side of the court and another player trailing down the right side of the court. we had one player back in the middle of the court and another one coming down the right side of the court slightly ahead of their player on the right. Our defender in the middle of the court raced to her left to help on the Vandy player coming down the right and the ball was passed to the wide open Vandy player coming from the left side. She was wide open and missed a layup by hitting the bottom part of the rim. It is hard to believe that these players are given a scholarship and get a free education. I turned the TV to the golf channel and watched the guys leading the tournament play at 11 over par for the day.. These two events had to be the worst sports ever on TV.

Last edited:
I actually remember a time when UT-Vandy was not only the biggest game in the state, it was the biggest game in all women's basketball. Both programs should be embarrassed about the clown-show they've become...

Reactions: feathersax
Absolute worst sport of all time...if it wasn’t for our PC culture, these gals wouldn’t be on tv let alone playing. They all need to go take home ec and leave the sports to the menfolk.

Reactions: vols 30
Okay, so I see why Zay was moving away from the ball. She was going to pick up the other girl that was running with the ball handler, that was on her side of the court and she thought Rennia was going to pick up ball since it was in front of her. You can clearly see Zay say take ball, but Rennia was chasing Pokémons. Thats how we blew that UK game.

Good GAWD! In just a few minutes’ time the views have gone up to 1.8 million. This is a nightmare. :(

2 mil and rising...the embarrassment is real! Not to mention the number of views on copycat postings. You have to believe the recruits are exposed to this as well.

Reactions: feathersax
WCBB has more athletic, faster, stronger and bigger players than ever before! The problem is at the youth(amateur) level players are not being taught the fundamentals, bball IQ and court awareness! The AAU Travel ball is killing the game! Now at that youth level 2nd thru 8th grade the real athletic kids or ones with $ are being put on these traveling all star teams and instead of being taught the basics its all about playing games and for parents saying my daughter plays on the best AAU team and we are staying in another hotel again this weekend than it is actually learning the game! Yet more of these kids actually have paid personal trainers and paid AAU coaches than ever but not learning the game! Its become a $ grab! When the overall motivation is making $ then the actual purpose is lost! These recruiting services that college coaches are depebding on to tell them who are the better players are the worst $ grabbers of them all! All the players you have seen on the floor for Lady Vols and against all fit this profile! Very Sad!

Some of the worst basketball I have ever seen, except for some of the games I saw last month. Did you see the break vandy ad coming down the middle of the court and had a player coming down the left side of the court and another player trailing down the right side of the court. we had one player back in the middle of the court and another one coming down the right side of the court slightly ahead of their player on the right. Our defender in the middle of the court raced to her left to help on the Vandy player coming down the right and the ball was passed to the wide open Vandy player coming from the left side. She was wide open and missed a layup by hitting the bottom part of the rim. It is hard to believe that these players are given a scholarship and get a free education. I turned the TV to the golf channel and watched the guys leading the tournament play at 11 over par for the day.. These to events had to be the worst sports ever on TV.

Did you watch the super bowl ?

That was a bad series of shots but what about Evina's little LeBron-ish off the pack board pass to herself for a score or some of her (way better than Jared Goff) passes out to Rennia and Meme for fast break points. Selective editing can make you look great or awful and probably neither extreme are an accurate reflection of player quality in the full context of a game.

Did you see this talentless loser trying to play ball?

Worst player ever, right?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back