Post Spring O/U College Football News

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
Dismayed by the love for the Gators. This is the second one of these I’ve seen with them at 8+ wins. We’ve got to beat them this year.
We’ve got to beat Florida this year. That is said almost every year. Florida is an automatic loss on our schedule. I get the feeling Napier is going to be much better than Mullen was.

LittleVol

Nothing better than good VOL Football
We’ve got to beat Florida this year. That is said almost every year. Florida is an automatic loss on our schedule. I get the feeling Napier is going to be much better than Mullen was.
I like Napier. He built that Louisiana program from the ground up.

I think he will certainly be more bought in than Mullen...but I think Mullen is far ahead of him X's and O's.
Chadwell with his less talented Coastal Carolina went toe-toe with his Rajin Cajuns for the past 3 years.

Napier is Frank Beamer. Not sure that's a good recipe for success in the SEC today.

Florida could still possibly beat us 10 out of 10 times, but I don't see them being a threat in the SEC or the country with Napier. 10 win ceiling with him and never being able to beat UGA or Bama

Southeastern VFL

This will be a big game for us and Hendon Hooker. If he is to be in the talk of a Heisman this will be a game that he will need to preform big in. When Hendon got here I was one of the people that was like he is just coming to set, he couldn't win in the SEC, He should just go ahead and give it well I will put this was I have me a big bowl, a big fork, some salt and pepper and on the day of that game I hope to eat me a big ole bowl crow. I was Bailey all the way and it didn't work out o well who cares. He is a 5th year SR. and perfectly fit for this system and I think we get them this year.

unfrozencvmanvol

Fire in the hole.
LSU at 8.5 seemed a bit high considering SECwest schedule and TN/FL for crossovers.
Bama & @A&M are probably L's but the rest of their games are probably winnable. I think we're about the same. Bama and UGA are probably L's for us but the rest are winnable. LSU still has a lot of talent, we have to play them down there, 8 or 9 wins is probably about right for them imo.

Southeastern VFL

I am not saying we beat Bama and Georgia but there is a very good chance that we could scare the crap out of them. If our defense improves any at all and our offense takes off and hits another level from what I saw last year in 13 games there is simply no reason why we can't compete and win.

Southeastern VFL

It would be another rung up the ladder. I'd like to beat at least 2 out of 3 of Florida, LSU and Pitt, but considering 2 of the 3 are on the road and the home game is Florida I won't be disappointed with 1 by any stretch.
I think all 3 of those are winnable. Pitt it would not surprise me to see us run all over Pitt I think we go into that game with something to prove and last year they got us at the right time. Florida and LSU yes they have talent but we have a very difficult scheme to guard. When you look at years past with Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt those 3 did not have anything that made them different. It was easy to just show up and out talent them. They did not have anything that allowed them to take control of the game they just had to coach the game and hope they other guy allowed them a chance to win. I will give Jones a little credit he did have a system that allowed him to create some breaks but he handicapped his team so much that they usually didn't have a chance against talented teams. Dooley and Pruitt in the end it's was kinda crazy to think they should have been on the same field. With Heupel and his offense he just has something that allows him to step up and take control of a game and he creates his own breaks. I think this year because of this being the 2nd year in the system with everyone in key position being more comfortable and confident and more understanding of what they need to do I think that we will be in the position to beat teams that may be more talented than us. JMO

unfrozencvmanvol

Fire in the hole.
I think all 3 of those are winnable. Pitt it would not surprise me to see us run all over Pitt I think we go into that game with something to prove and last year they got us at the right time. Florida and LSU yes they have talent but we have a very difficult scheme to guard. When you look at years past with Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt those 3 did not have anything that made them different. It was easy to just show up and out talent them. They did not have anything that allowed them to take control of the game they just had to coach the game and hope they other guy allowed them a chance to win. I will give Jones a little credit he did have a system that allowed him to create some breaks but he handicapped his team so much that they usually didn't have a chance against talented teams. Dooley and Pruitt in the end it's was kinda crazy to think they should have been on the same field. With Heupel and his offense he just has something that allows him to step up and take control of a game and he creates his own breaks. I think this year because of this being the 2nd year in the system with everyone in key position being more comfortable and confident and more understanding of what they need to do I think that we will be in the position to beat teams that may be more talented than us. JMO
Like I said, I think all of the games are winnable except probably Bama and UGA. Still too big a depth/talent deficit there. We could win all 3 of LSU, Florida and Pitt, but I think it's probably unlikely we win all 3 and hold serve against USCjr. and UK also. Those last 2 I expect to win but a slip up isn't unthinkable against either. UK was close last year and if Rattler plays up to his potential (he had a Nico-like rating coming out of HS), that game could be closer on the road as well. I'm thinking 8-4, possibly 9-3 for us. The 2nd year thing will be great for the offense but I'm not sure we can expect much improvement from our defense based on the personnel.

Southeastern VFL

Like I said, I think all of the games are winnable except probably Bama and UGA. Still too big a depth/talent deficit there. We could win all 3 of LSU, Florida and Pitt, but I think it's probably unlikely we win all 3 and hold serve against USCjr. and UK also. Those last 2 I expect to win but a slip up isn't unthinkable against either. UK was close last year and if Rattler plays up to his potential (he had a Nico-like rating coming out of HS), that game could be closer on the road as well. I'm thinking 8-4, possibly 9-3 for us. The 2nd year thing will be great for the offense but I'm not sure we can expect much improvement from our defense based on the personnel.
I agree anything is possible. I think the 2nd year surge may be the answer that allows us to have a high win total.

njvols

It would be another rung up the ladder. I'd like to beat at least 2 out of 3 of Florida, LSU and Pitt, but considering 2 of the 3 are on the road and the home game is Florida I won't be disappointed with 1 by any stretch.
We will beat two of these three. I actually think all 3. Pitt lost their qb and all American wr apparently. UF coaches first time around on JH offense as well as LSU. And we will be a better team this year correcting some of our weaknesses.

Kinda like that pitcher that comes up from the minors and rips thru everyone, then they face them and scout them for the next time. Strangely, I worry about KY more because they have a quality qb and coach and lost to us in a close one LY.

FBtime

Will save you a click...also I would take the over.

Tennessee Volunteers
CFN 2022 Win Total Projection, Spring: 8
CFN 2021 Win Total Projection: 7
BetMGM 2021 Win Total Line: 6
2021 Final Regular Season Win Total: 7

unfrozencvmanvol

Fire in the hole.
We will beat two of these three. I actually think all 3. Pitt lost their qb and all American wr apparently. UF coaches first time around on JH offense as well as LSU. And we will be a better team this year correcting some of our weaknesses.

Kinda like that pitcher that comes up from the minors and rips thru everyone, then they face them and scout them for the next time. Strangely, I worry about KY more because they have a quality qb and coach and lost to us in a close one LY.
10-2 would probably put us in the Sugar Bowl if the SEC gets 2 teams in the CFP, probably the Citrus if not. Either way, that would be an amazing year. I like your pitcher analogy, the only thing I would say though is that our year 1 tape is still out there so that mitigates the surprise element somewhat, as does the fact that Florida and Pitt's players will have faced our tempo before and be familiar with it.

VN Store