Post game thoughts

Vols till I fall

Florida played their best ball of the year and it wasn't even medicore, it was piss poor... we just played that bad

Players like Vescovi and Key, whatever is going on with them, they need to ride the bench. These two are shooting us out of games.

Nkahmoua, same song and dance. He shows up one game and then disappears, he does a great Casper the ghost impersonation

JJJ, no idea why he didn't play a lot today and he couldn't hit anything, just really sad. A shell of him old self from last season

Uros, 7'1 and played like a flower being caught in the eye of a tornado

The only one really stepping us consistently is ZZ. He's done a great job but you can't be a one man show

To those of you complaining about Barnes for this loss, stick to football, you have no idea how basketball works. Teams lose to squads they shouldn't every year, it just happens when you play so many games.

These guys need to be shooting shots all day in practice. A performance like this will get you bounced by any team in the nation, and I mean any.

Move on and beat Auburn

Vescovi is the leader. When he doesnt play well we loose- simple as that. This isn't a cut on Vescovi at all- I personally think he is the best shooter on the team when he is on. Seems to me when he is on target - everyone is. Basketball is a game of touch and tonight we simply didnt have it.

Florida played their best ball of the year and it wasn't even medicore, it was piss poor... we just played that bad

Players like Vescovi and Key, whatever is going on with them, they need to ride the bench. These two are shooting us out of games.

Nkahmoua, same song and dance. He shows up one game and then disappears, he does a great Casper the ghost impersonation

JJJ, no idea why he didn't play a lot today and he couldn't hit anything, just really sad. A shell of him old self from last season

The only one really stepping us consistently is ZZ. He's done a great job but you can't be a one man show

To those of you complaining about Barnes for this loss, stick to football, you have no idea how basketball works. Teams lose to squads they shouldn't every year, it just happens when you play so many games.

These guys need to be shooting shots all day in practice. A performance like this will get you bounced by any team in the nation, and I mean any.

Move on and beat Auburn

These are veteran players running the same inconsistent, mediocre offense that we run every year. You can't say Barnes isn't at least partially to blame.

Move on and beat Auburn
Vescovi can hurt us at times on the offensive end, but his presence on the defensive end is too valuable for him to not play, in my opinion. He did force too many bad shots tonight, though.

Reactions: savannahfan

Move on and beat Auburn

Horrible shooting night all around, but, we've only lost 4 games, so there isn't a whole lot of "shooting us out of games" from any individual. Coming into tonight's game, Vescovi was hitting 50% overall and nearly 42% from 3 during SEC play. After tonight, it drops to 44.7% and 38.3% on 3s. Zeigler, on the other hand, is now at 37.3% in SEC play, and 34% on 3s. He could be a 40% 3 pt shooter, but takes two or three HORRIBLE 3s a game. He should never ever take one of those 25 footers: he makes maybe one of 6 on those. And tonight "Mr Consistency" was 6 of 19, so, no, he didn't step up.

Reactions: Lankykong
If Vescovi and ZZ don't play well, we have no chance. They are our best players and the other teams know it! Barnes says other teams game plan for those 2. If you can limit them, hard to beat anyone. ON and JJJ have never been consistent!

Reactions: SlyStone
That wasn't just an embarrassing loss. It was downright shameful.
Your take on an “embarrassing loss” is way different from mine. Conference road wins are normally tough to come by, especially when the other team has an all conference big man. Our outside shots weren’t falling, and Castleton was a strong rim protector so the close stuff was difficult to complete. Only reason it could be considered “embarrassing” to me would be if we didn’t bring any energy or played stupidly and neither of those were the case IMO.

I think they were moving the goals after we took a shot. You just can't clang that many 3 point shots without getting lucky?? Outside shots were not falling so he went inside, then things got worse. Its a road game, wins are tough.

Reactions: BlackhorseVol
Bad loss? That's the understatement of the year. IF this program wants to be taken seriously, they'd best STOP pissing down their legs against clearly inferior teams!!! UF SUCKS! They play decent defense and that's it. UT was the number 2 team in the country! Supposedly. IMO, UT has been playing above their means for most of the year. Their lack of leadership and competitiveness in some games is mindboggling. Especially when you have so much on the line. Number 1 seed, keep up with Bama for the conference title... welp, kiss that **** goodbye. You simply cannot be this inconsistent on offense and be considered a "top" team. You just aren't.

Biggest disappointment for me this season has been Phillips. He is so skinny he cant do whats being asked of him effectively. He needs 25 pounds and another year in school.

He has shown flashes but inconsistent. He turns it over in traffic but then get a nice rebound and make an athletic play. He def isn’t the player I expected coming into the season, but that’s on me. The Bama Frosh from Nashville is a beast who can take over a game on both sides of the court. We don’t have that player, hence the scoring droughts allowing a 15-0 run and 10-0 run vs FL.

Also, Key has disappointed me. He’s not a SEC player imo

Reactions: cwbytruckers
Question about Vescovi. Is he under the weather because last night i noticed several times the look on his face was that of a person tired and warn out. That dude runs all the time and never appears tired. But last night he just looked flustered at times like he was under the weather.

I still can't wrap my head how we lost this game by 13. We closed an early 13pt gap, went up by 6, then....I think our bigs disappeared. We should have doubled Castleton.

Instead our bigs, individually, all let Castleton score from the same spot time and time again. Aidoo, Plavic, ON all were punked. And none of them could respond on the offensive side in the last 10 min of the game. The team fell in a hole then panicked..

Bad shooting and all, we still overcame. We won the rebounding battle and gave ourselves many 2nd chance opportunities. I think it was our inside strength that fell short

These are veteran players running the same inconsistent, mediocre offense that we run every year. You can't say Barnes isn't at least partially to blame.
I can't understand why Barnes lets them keep jacking threes on nights when they're clearly not falling. Why would you not at least try getting the ball inside to one of the bigs, ON for instance? Just maddening.

If Vescovi and ZZ don't play well, we have no chance. They are our best players and the other teams know it! Barnes says other teams game plan for those 2. If you can limit them, hard to beat anyone. ON and JJJ have never been consistent!
Which is why I don't believe this team can win 6 straight in the post season dance.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I can't understand why Barnes lets them keep jacking threes on nights when they're clearly not falling. Why would you not at least try getting the ball inside to one of the bigs, ON for instance? Just maddening.
I only could watch parts of the game, but what I did see was opposite of your view. Their entire offensive scheme is to try to work in down low and inside for an easy shot or lay up. But Florida played great defense and wouldn't let them get the ball to the big men and eventually the clock forces them to take an outside shot---which they missed most of the night. They missed 6 ft shots, 8 ft shots, 3 pointers. They need to practice shooting the ball.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
This is what I've been saying though. If those two are "our best players", then this team will always be inconsistent and will never make it very far in March.

VN Store

Back