Post Game Press Conf Tenn Vs Ark

How can it turn around, even the teams that aren't any good are beating her now. After 6 years with some of the best talent in the nation she is a LOOSER on the court. The only thing I am pulling for is a moving van to get her crap out of Thompson Boiling Arena. She already told the girls that they were not supposed to beat Notre Dame. And that statement that Pat would be proud, well I honestly think that she has a mental problem,and that this job has gotten to her, not only as a coach, but a person.
I have never been to one of Holly's practices, but if games represent what they have been coached, the picture is not very pretty. There is lack of effort on defense and offense. They do not block out on rebounds, can not throw accurate passes, they cannot hit lay-ups. they can not protect the baseline on defense, they cant defend the pich and roll ,they try to defend three balls from 10 feet away from the shooter, they try to press with players who o not have enough speed to run the floor, they pass the ball around the premiater until the time clock run down and have to shoot a bad shot, they try scoop shots rather than squaring up for shots. They can't even catch and throw passes. All of these problems are a result of their lack of coaching. Players seem to regress rather progress as they play. Her press conferences express a lack of ability to communicate to questions. I am tired of hearing, I don't know what to do. I just don't understand why we can not win basketball games .Does anyone have a clue?

Seems like the same as has happened in Vol football is now happening to Lady Vols basketball. With Dooley, it became obvious he was in over his head with no idea of what to do, Butch could recruit pretty good but couldn't develop the players after they got there. Holly has had great recruiting classes but has no idea how to develop them. It also says something about the whole coaching staff. Maybe Phil extended her contract trying to give her the opportunity he wanted but didn't get. Six losses in a row, and the next one ain't gonna be pretty, I think is going to almost force his hand. Holly has had more than enough time to show what she can or can't do as a coach. What she can't do is far exceeding what she can.

Reactions: vol24/7/365
Wow! Watching this press conference proves without a doubt that Holly has no clue whatsoever. I was in favor of letting her finish the season but now I’m not sure. SHE ABSOLUTELY MUST GO!!

I want to hear from all the Holly's supporters..Wat do yall think now???? Better think fast because "the ones bigger than pop is on the way".
Can someone tell me what this means?

2rr1h8.jpg

(Apologies in advance to the family and estate)

Seems like the same as has happened in Vol football is now happening to Lady Vols basketball. With Dooley, it became obvious he was in over his head with no idea of what to do, Butch could recruit pretty good but couldn't develop the players after they got there. Holly has had great recruiting classes but has no idea how to develop them. It also says something about the whole coaching staff. Maybe Phil extended her contract trying to give her the opportunity he wanted but didn't get. Six losses in a row, and the next one ain't gonna be pretty, I think is going to almost force his hand. Holly has had more than enough time to show what she can or can't do as a coach. What she can't do is far exceeding what she can.
I really think the university of Tn and Pats legacy is what brings recruits. But after this season I think the good recruits will drop way off unless there is a change!

No way should she be allowed to coach another game, she needs to go now. She hasn't earned anything and doesn't deserve to be on the court another second. She had this job handed to her and not only has she run this program into the ground she takes zero responsibility for any of it. Time me to go, Holly, not tomorrow, not the end of the season but right now.

Reactions: Sportslady
and wow....at these 'reporters'...just lofting soft question after soft question. Why didn't someone ask her....'With 3 fouls to give, why didn't you foul the Monk girl 3 times in the last 10 seconds before she could get a shot off?" Holly is as bad as Todd Raleigh was in baseball...it's really sad....

Reactions: BreatheUT
She can’t admit to any wrong doing by coaching. She’s in never never land
She will never accept responsibility for what is happening. Always throws her players under the bus. And I cannot believe she had the unmitigated gall to say that Pat would be proud of how they played. Pat would be too busy vomiting over the pathetic coaching.

I cant believe some of these idiot reporters didnt ask why she wasnt prepared to use her fouls up in the last 10 sec of play .... team only had 3 fouls and had 3 to give ..this could have taken almost all the time off clock ...

Holly is in way over her head and she knows it. The sooner they fire her and get her out of the gym the better off this team will be. She is done, the only question is when Fulmer will do it. If she loses the next 3 games, will it accelerate her exit?

Holly saying or implying they aren't supposed to beat Notre Dame is laying the groundwork for an excuse to the public for her team's performance before the game is even played.

Has she now stooped to that level?

Looks like she wants to get the monkey off her back and quite frankly, is pretty low and a cop-out. She isn't a competitor. How can her player's take the court with confidence when she is already throwing in the towel?

And she was Pat's assistant for how many years? Pat knew her players, and I'm sure she knew there were times they were outmatched. But you NEVER heard her make excuses. In fact, even the most mediocre coach wouldn't do that to their team!

Doesn't that say a lot about Holly? Playing the sympathy card?

Exactly, and I think her players are starting to figure out she has no clue what she's doing.

I’m watching The Paul Finebaum Show and he questioned if Holly Warlick would be terminated. So it’s moved beyond the blogs and now pundits are paying attention to this 5-game losing streak.

A change is a coming, one way or the other.

You can attack her (in)ability to coach without attacking her style and, presumably, her sexual orientation. God knows there's enough to say about Holly's performance as coach and the team's overall performance to just stick to that. But some of y'all hicks just can't resist.

VN Store

Back