Post Game Press Conf Tenn Vs Ark

xtpsrh08123

Hollys version of Warlickworld

My poor sunflower babys emotions as well.

In a fair notion both sides deserve better!

Catch holly saying "Were not suppose to beat Notre Dame" So losing that one wont be as bad everyone. Losing 6 in a row 4 in TBA possibly missing the tournament doesnt matter because this next game their not suppose to win? Then later she says "Pat would be proud of their fight and effort that SHE DIDNT HAVE TO COACH EFFORT TONIGHT" Did Holly not see the last minute of defense? Or was she too wacked in Warlickworld to pay attention to details? I honestly have exhausted all justification for her elementary sets and AAU coaching..some Assistants are best left as that, An assistant folks!

Ummm there is so much bad going on..I couldn't listen to the whole thing. lol With 5minutes left I heard her say they lack confidence, they can't stop the 3 etc All about what the players can't do..Not once did I hear her say "I THE COACH need to work on this to that" I mean you aren't coaching your team lady! End of this game was like the rest. She did not communicate with the team, give them options , she flay out coached poorly again.

And about confidence - Hey Holly go ahead keep telling your team you aren't suppose to win against ND.. Hmmm and you wonder why they are confidence challenged...You're the coach and you want to install confidence??? LMAO Hey team we aren't suppose to beat any higher ranked team.. I think most coaches would be more like " Hey we are good enough to beat any team in America" I can not believe she said that!!!! PLEASE PLEASE LOOK IN THE MIRROR...Ask yourself how much more do you want to tear Pat's program apart????

Can you imagine the Bill Belichick saying we aren't suppose to beat KC but lets play anyway lol

First game I have been able to watch this year because of work.

It really made me sad to see this.

I do not know if Holly is the answer, but after watching tonight I can say that I have never seen the lady vols looks this way before. I am pulling for Holly. I hope you turns things around but at this point it does not look like it.

Nope she just gave her same ole traditional effort confidence chemistry really good bs speech!
Well, that says a lot about how serious the local press is about covering this program. That was an obvious question that should have been asked. The coach of the men's team would never get a free pass from the local press like that. I get the feeling that they feel sorry for her... or maybe it's some misguided loyalty to Pat Summitt? I don't know what to attribute it to but Holly deserves heat for this 5 game losing streak... and the local press isn't giving it.

I do not know if Holly is the answer, but after watching tonight I can say that I have never seen the lady vols looks this way before. I am pulling for Holly. I hope you turns things around but at this point it does not look like it.

My only saving grace for holly is that about 85% of this roster are Freshmen and sophmores. Thats THE ONLY JUSTIFICATION and thats about exhausted as well

Catch holly saying "Were not suppose to beat Notre Dame" So losing that one wont be as bad everyone. Losing 6 in a row 4 in TBA possibly missing the tournament doesnt matter because this next game their not suppose to win? Then later she says "Pat would be proud of their fight and effort that SHE DIDNT HAVE TO COACH EFFORT TONIGHT" Did Holly not see the last minute of defense? Or was she too wacked in Warlickworld to pay attention to details? I honestly have exhausted all justification for her elementary sets and AAU coaching..some Assistants are best left as that, An assistant folks!

Holly saying or implying they aren't supposed to beat Notre Dame is laying the groundwork for an excuse to the public for her team's performance before the game is even played.

Has she now stooped to that level?

Looks like she wants to get the monkey off her back and quite frankly, is pretty low and a cop-out. She isn't a competitor. How can her player's take the court with confidence when she is already throwing in the towel?

And she was Pat's assistant for how many years? Pat knew her players, and I'm sure she knew there were times they were outmatched. But you NEVER heard her make excuses. In fact, even the most mediocre coach wouldn't do that to their team!

Doesn't that say a lot about Holly? Playing the sympathy card?

I want to hear from all the Holly's supporters..Wat do yall think now???? Better think fast because "the ones bigger than pope is on the way".

Last edited:
I have always said a team should be playing up to the level of recruiting, whether it is basketball or football. When UT consistently has top 5-10 recruiting , the only reason to not be playing to that level is coaching. The Lady Vols just dropped out of the rankings despite of having the number 1 class in 2017 and number three in 2018. How much more proof does Phil need that Holly is in way over her head.

0519b3b855c83323219c4e85c9192f552c039-retina-thumbnail-large.jpg

How can it turn around, even the teams that aren't any good are beating her now. After 6 years with some of the best talent in the nation she is a LOOSER on the court. The only thing I am pulling for is a moving van to get her crap out of Thompson Boiling Arena. She already told the girls that they were not supposed to beat Notre Dame. And that statement that Pat would be proud, well I honestly think that she has a mental problem,and that this job has gotten to her, not only as a coach, but a person.

I mean, minimum, come to work dressed appropriately. No, The official dress coach for the womens coach is not mens slacks and a mans business shirt. Wear some orange for gods sake! Don't tell us we are supposed to lose to ND, the Ladyvols might lose but they are not supposed to lose. Its just the sad condition we are now in with all of these all American players. I don't want to hear we are young, that was last years excuse. They are getting old fast.

I want to hear from all the Holly's supporters..Wat do yall think now???? Better think fast because "the ones bigger than pop is on the way".

translation: I don't drink anything stronger than pop, but pop will drink anything...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: T_Vol376
I'm almost 62 and I honestly do not recall the LV program being this bad unless we went back to the beginning. I honestly would pay $10 or $20 more per football ticket this year if it would be used to buy her out and get a coach that knows how to coach this team to win.

Reactions: Sportslady and T.J.
I mean, minimum, come to work dressed appropriately. No, The official dress coach for the womens coach is not mens slacks and a mans business shirt. Wear some orange for gods sake! Don't tell us we are supposed to lose to ND, the Ladyvols might lose but they are not supposed to lose. Its just the sad condition we are now in with all of these all American players. I don't want to hear we are young, that was last years excuse. They are getting old fast.
she has always had a hideous wardrobe

Reactions: T.J.

VN Store

Back