Post/Forward STATS

VolFuture2k22

I know post play has been a hot topic for debate. These are the cumulative stats for the Post/Forwards this far. *denotes stat leader compared to same position.

Tamari Key

min- 97
min/g- 16.7
fg%- .765*
tp- 31*
ppg- 5.2*
reb- 23 (o-11* d-12)
reb/g- 3.8
pf- 16
ast- 0
to- 9
to/g- 1.5
stl- 3*
blk- 12*

Kasiyanha Kushkituah

min- 104*
min/g- 17.3*
fg%- .412
tp- 30
ppg- 5
reb- 26* (o-10 d-16*)
reb/g- 4.3*
pf- 8*
ast- 6*
to- 3*
to/g- .5*
stl- 1
blk- 2

Emily Saunders

min- 36
min/g- 7.2
fg%- .333
tp- 7
ppg- 1.4
reb- 9 (o-5 d-4)
reb/g- 1.8
pf- 5
ast- 1
to- 1
to/g- .167
stl- 1
blk- 0

FORWARDS

Marta Suarez

min- 136*
min/g- 22.7*
fg%- .386
3pt%- .100
tp- 42*
ppg- 7*
reb-42* (o-11* d-31*)
reb/g- 7*
pf- 11
ast- 10*
to- 15
to/g- 2.5
stl- 2
blk- 1

Keyen Green
min- 83
min/g- 20.8
fg%- .526*
3pt%- 0
tp- 27
ppg- 6.8
reb-12 (o-5 d-7)
reb/g- 3
pf- 6
ast- 1
to- 3
to/g- .750
stl- 3
blk- 2*

Jaiden McCoy

min- 39
min/g- 13
fg%- .500
3pt%- .750*
tp- 11
ppg- 3.7
reb- 7 (o-3 d-4)
reb/g- 2.3
pf- 2*
ast- 2
to- 2*
to/g- .667*
stl- 4*
blk- 1

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Personal takeaways are that Marta has proven why she starts. No other post near her in production. Surprisingly Kasi and Key are basically the same in production however Kasi doesn’t turn the ball over and leads far more catergories like assists! Losing Keyen hurts as I think she was just getting into her grove, but honestly it appears Jaiden deserves more time: solid production all around and very few negative plays. Same goes for Saunders. Very good production for time played and VERY FEW NEGATIVE PLAYS.

Personal takeaways are that Marta has proven why she starts. No other post near her in production. Surprisingly Kasi and Key are basically the same in production however Kasi doesn’t turn the ball over and leads far more catergories like assists! Losing Keyen hurts as I think she was just getting into her grove, but honestly it appears Jaiden deserves more time: solid production all around and very few negative plays. Same goes for Saunders. Very good production for time played and VERY FEW NEGATIVE PLAYS.
The problem with Kasi is her horrible FG% and she's not as good a defensive player as Tamari. But she is more aggressive on offense and (at least to the casual observer) seems to play harder.

I wouldn't read anything into Jaiden's stats. That's basically all attributed to 1 game where she happened to hit a bunch of threes. Game by game, she has not been good other than said game. I'd rather see Marta play more, and have Burrell or Davis pick up backup PF duties during conference play. I don't think Jaiden can compete at that level. I'd hope that the bulk of the C minutes stay with KK/Key unless foul trouble dictates otherwise. One or the other needs to be on the court as much as possible for them to compete against the teams with strong inside games.

The problem with Kasi is her horrible FG% and she's not as good a defensive player as Tamari. But she is more aggressive on offense and (at least to the casual observer) seems to play harder.

I wouldn't read anything into Jaiden's stats. That's basically all attributed to 1 game where she happened to hit a bunch of threes. Game by game, she has not been good other than said game. I'd rather see Marta play more, and have Burrell or Davis pick up backup PF duties during conference play. I don't think Jaiden can compete at that level. I'd hope that the bulk of the C minutes stay with KK/Key unless foul trouble dictates otherwise. One or the other needs to be on the court as much as possible for them to compete against the teams with strong inside games.
Personally I would read into it... it’s not exactly like our “high tier” players have played well against ALL talent levels. I would expect them to dominate. Tamari didn’t today. Minutes matter. Yes they may gives us a better chance against higher tier teams but honestly the staff should expect more from them ALL THE TIME

VS #15 Indiana
Kasi- 2pts (1-6) 8rebs 15mins
Tamari- 2pts (1-3) 3rebs 18mins

I get Tamari has a presence on D but honestly that’s not always enough. My comments were more geared to these games leading into conference so we can get a better understanding of rotations

Key is clearly the best of the bunch. All she needs to do is stay on the court, rebound, set screens, and play defense. We do not need the posts doing things they aren't good at ... like posting up.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We are what we are this season next season looks like were going to need a post player other than whom we've recruited and already have. Key has not taken a leap in ability from freshman to sophomore and I wouldn't want to depend on it happening as a junior either. If there is someone in the transfer portal we need to work to get them. Saunders is a backup at best, Striplin will need a year to adjust to this level more than likely, Green is really a four, so hopefully there is someone really terrific that we could get to transfer here. Ole Miss got Shakira Austin and she is playing well as any post in the league right now we'll see how she does in SEC play. Where would we be if we had her definitely in the conversation for the SEC title and top ten rating.

We have talented posts. We need to generate an offense that gives them scoring opportunities. The team is getting better and it is only a matter of time. Right now, defenses are packing it in making post touches difficult.

We are what we are this season next season looks like were going to need a post player other than whom we've recruited and already have. Key has not taken a leap in ability from freshman to sophomore and I wouldn't want to depend on it happening as a junior either. If there is someone in the transfer portal we need to work to get them. Saunders is a backup at best, Striplin will need a year to adjust to this level more than likely, Green is really a four, so hopefully there is someone really terrific that we could get to transfer here. Ole Miss got Shakira Austin and she is playing well as any post in the league right now we'll see how she does in SEC play. Where would we be if we had her definitely in the conversation for the SEC title and top ten rating.

It`s gonna be hard to get a post player in the portal that can play at a high level. Shakira Austin transfer because her and Coach Frese didn’t see eye-to-eye on a couple of things that Kira felt more comfortable doing on the court. Now with SEC play coming up let`s see how our post fair. Also Marta will have her work cut out for her in SEC play to. She will be matched up against ALA 6-3 Jasmine Walker she is a very hard check inside and out. KY 6-2 Rhyne Howard. SC 6-2 Victaria Saxton and 6-4 Laeticia Amihere. A&M 6-3 N'dea Jones, ARK take you pick they play small ball with 6-2 Thomas who is very athletic. State and there are a few more teams and players we can list.

It`s gonna be hard to get a post player in the portal that can play at a high level. Shakira Austin transfer because her and Coach Frese didn’t see eye-to-eye on a couple of things that Kira felt more comfortable doing on the court. Now with SEC play coming up let`s see how our post fair. Also Marta will have her work cut out for her in SEC play to. She will be matched up against ALA 6-3 Jasmine Walker she is a very hard check inside and out. KY 6-2 Rhyne Howard. SC 6-2 Victaria Saxton and 6-4 Laeticia Amihere. A&M 6-3 N'dea Jones, ARK take you pick they play small ball with 6-2 Thomas who is very athletic. State and there are a few more teams and players we can list.
Key could be a top player if she would get her mindset right. She needs more strength and endurance for sure but she is still a very talented player who we need to get more minutes out of. I kept thinking that she would come into this season looking much more physically strong than she does and be a force in the middle. She is a force but not to the degree I was expecting. I really thought she could be in the top 3 centers in the league this season now hoping she can give us 20 quality minutes a game because she is defensively the person were going to have to rely on against top centers in the SEC.

Key could be a top player if she would get her mindset right. She needs more strength and endurance for sure but she is still a very talented player who we need to get more minutes out of. I kept thinking that she would come into this season looking much more physically strong than she does and be a force in the middle. She is a force but not to the degree I was expecting. I really thought she could be in the top 3 centers in the league this season now hoping she can give us 20 quality minutes a game because she is defensively the person were going to have to rely on against top centers in the SEC.

Oh i agree with everything you said i think it`s about time for her to put in the work. Maybe with John back she will have the time to work on her offensive skills.

Tamari is physically gifted with height and an incredible wingspan, and I believe she loves her team.

Has there been any indication that she might be slightly anemic? That might explain her tendency to become fatigued fairly quickly as well as some of the low energy indicated. Also the tendency to pick up reaching fouls.

Not looking for excuses, just answers. And certainly not being critical. A lot of outstanding players have been temporarily hampered or slowed down by physical conditions beyond their control.

VN Store

Back