Post Covid Symptoms

Most suggest to use essential oils. Personally I just used various spices on the spice rack and wax melts.
I used rose, cloves, and lemon essential oils. Smelled then 30sec each 3 times a day. Also added some Vicks for a little extra punch.

Thank you both. I’ll start trying some of it. I’ve been trying the citrus stuff and haven’t really gained any ground.

I can still “feel” spice, I just hope the taste is back soon.

Zero outside of smell slowly coming back. One day I had covid, then the next day I was fine.

I had a runny nose without being congested. Never had that before with an illness.
My throat hurt but when i coughed it didn't hurt my throat, I'd never had that. No congestion either. Never lost taste or smell either. My only really bad symptom was a headache that lasted about a week.

That's how I was, I was a little sick for about 3 days and got tested, felt perfectly fine the next day but got a positive test.
I started with a dry cough. Got tested..Negative. That progressed to being super tired, sweating like a motherf##ker off and on, heroin addict going through non medically supervised detox like brain fog, and loss of smell. When my girlfriend opened up my windows and it was 27 degrees out and Im like WTF are you doing then she goes "the house smells like bacon" and I couldn't smell it..I knew the jig was up. Got another test..BOOM..positive now. That went on for like 2 weeks then one morning it was all gone. I noticed my smell "mostly came back"..just up to a week ago for some weird reason I couldnt smell fried chicken at Kroger/Publix. Now I can. Too bad I don't eat that delicious smelling stuff.

Post covid it was really just the loss of smell coming back. Pretty certain it isn't 100% back but I can smell most food and my farts, so I'm good.

Reactions: goldenvol
I had it back in August.... 4-5 days of fatigue... lost sense of smell... taste was dulled.
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Coke now tastes like Aqua Net hairspray.... MTN Dew tastes like nothing .... code red tastes gasoline.... beer tastes slightly different but still like beer..... and
Mint toothpaste has a strong chemical kind of smell.
The weird part of the taste issues is that they just started within the last month or so.

I had it back in August.... 4-5 days of fatigue... lost sense of smell... taste was dulled.
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Coke now tastes like Aqua Net hairspray.... MTN Dew tastes like nothing .... code red tastes gasoline.... beer tastes slightly different but still like beer..... and
The weird part of the taste issues is that they just started within the last month or so.

Sounds like you might have had it again.

My brother just picked it up for a second time.

I had mine over Christmas, and my sense of smell really hasn't come back, the only time I can smell something is if it's right under my nose..

My dad got COVID the first of November and it knocked him on his a$$ for a little over a month. Never got a fever or sick, just ZERO energy and difficulty breathing and catching his breathe. He started getting his energy back to somewhat normal about a month later but is still suffering from breathing issues. He got diagnosed with pneumonia about 3 weeks ago. They have given him all kinds of meds for his lings but last week when he saw the lung doctor they said his lungs had around 45% capacity. He feels fine except for he looses his breathe if he does much....had some more tests this week.

I have no way of knowing if I had it, but two weeks after a work trip to DC in December 2019 I got absolutely crushed by a dry chest cough and fatigue like I haven't had since I had mono. Had a very low fever too. I wanted to sleep 20 hours a day and couldn't think for crap- I was fortunate it was the holidays.

The whole illness lasted about two and a half weeks. I remember being really worried I'd be coughing an entire flight to Mumbai (16+ hours) but ended up only having a little bit of cough by that time. I couldn't breathe well once the cough went away, but that could have been the nice clear Mumbai air.

Interestingly, about 10 days post arrival, one of the guys I work with got the same symptoms I had and was basically out of commission the last quarter of the trip.

I had a dry cough in early November that I couldn't shake. I had an appointment already scheduled for the 11th, and at that appt, I was told it was likely bronchitis. Two days later, I started running a low grade fever and had no energy. I got tested and bingo, it turned up positive. I lost my sense of taste and smell for about two days. I got through Thanksgiving ok, or so I thought.

The Monday after Thanksgiving, I had to leave school early with a sore throat and major pain when I swallowed. Turns out I had strep throat and missed the rest of the week. I hadn't had strep since I was in my 20s, and this go-round, it kicked my butt. I assume Covid really compromised my immune system. I didn't really start to feel better until mid-December.

Last edited:
I had a mild version in November (positive brain probe test confirmed). My energy level hasn’t come back close to normal and I randomly smell smoke (like sniffing an ash tray).
Fatigue is what tipped me that it wasn’t normal sinus junk. I’m historically a night owl and I found myself just wanting to go to bed all day.
I had similar issues from my case in late October 2020-early November 2020. I was working out 6 days a week at 1-1 1/2 hours per workout. I lost all motivation to do anything and have just in the last 2-3 weeks gotten back to a close version of what I was. Still not 100% probably 85-90%. Other than stamina, I had no other lingering problems.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
I got it back in early September. No fever. Just really tired and felt really bad. Lasted 3 weeks. I had a few what I call "Covid-Attacks" about a week or two afterwards. I would be at work and get really really tired, so much I actually turned my office lights off and laid down. Those lasted about 20 minutes then I was fine. Funny thing for me about taste was that my food actually tasted better than it does when I'm not sick. My food tasted really really good when I had Covid19 and I'm not sure why.

During this past year prior to getting Covid and during, I was not really taking care of my health, not working out. My mind got to a point that I thought I am losing my strength and it's downhill from here. It was weird, my mind was really playing tricks on me this past year. Anyways, after getting over Covid (thank you Lord) and back from a vacation the first week in October, my Mom sent me a picture she took of me on the beach. That was my "I have got to change my mindset about my health." The following Monday (Oct. 12), I started working out.....today marks exactly 4 months. I believe I'm the strongest I've been in years (I'm 41 years old). I say this to anyone that may need change. Just start. I believe this past year has been mentally challenging to lots of people. We have a tendency to put off things again and again. We just need to start and built a little momentum.

not making light of the subject at hand at all but......did you lose a bet or something to know this?

Reactions: Carl Pickens
My dad got COVID the first of November and it knocked him on his a$$ for a little over a month. Never got a fever or sick, just ZERO energy and difficulty breathing and catching his breathe. He started getting his energy back to somewhat normal about a month later but is still suffering from breathing issues. He got diagnosed with pneumonia about 3 weeks ago. They have given him all kinds of meds for his lings but last week when he saw the lung doctor they said his lungs had around 45% capacity. He feels fine except for he looses his breathe if he does much....had some more tests this week.
My uncle is in a similar situation. Didn't get much sickness from COVID when he had it in December but he is still in daily care with issues since the time he went in. His is more kidney issues now though.

Taste and smell is a biggie.

Curious if anyone is struggling with night sweats and just sweating overall? I workout a lot, but I have had to start changing clothes during workouts because I sweat so much that I am freezing. There is not a dry spot on my body. I wake up in the middle of the night at least two or three times a week covered in sweat and freezing my butt off. Admittedly, I take a lot of supplements for working out, but have never had these side effects before. Is it post covid stuff?

I had Covid the first week of November last year. Mild symptoms overall, day or so of low grade fever. Had headaches that were at the back and base of my skull. Only had two or three but the pressure was so intense it felt like I needed to pop my neck to release the tension. Fatigue lasted a couple of weeks afterward. Lots of long naps and I slept 10-11 hours a night. Energy is all back now. Taste is back but my smell is slow to come back and like someone mentioned in a prior post, I just smell smoke for no reason sometimes. I can smell most things but some are still a little faint. Weirdest thing is I can’t smell anything that’s supposed to smell bad. Walking with my wife the other day and she reacted to what she said smelled like a dead animal. I Couldn’t smell it at all. That’s been bad news for her because guess what? I’m bombing her under the covers. She has threatened divorce if I keep up this childishness. 😁

I had Covid the first week of November last year. Mild symptoms overall, day or so of low grade fever. Had headaches that were at the back and base of my skull. Only had two or three but the pressure was so intense it felt like I needed to pop my neck to release the tension. Fatigue lasted a couple of weeks afterward. Lots of long naps and I slept 10-11 hours a night. Energy is all back now. Taste is back but my smell is slow to come back and like someone mentioned in a prior post, I just smell smoke for no reason sometimes. I can smell most things but some are still a little faint. Weirdest thing is I can’t smell anything that’s supposed to smell bad. Walking with my wife the other day and she reacted to what she said smelled like a dead animal. I Couldn’t smell it at all. That’s been bad news for her because guess what? I’m bombing her under the covers. She has threatened divorce if I keep up this childishness. 😁
Haha. In the past week, I've been spared the smell of several nasty diapers, a horrendous episode of toddler vomiting, and a couple of teenaged-boys' nasty feet. Not even a tinge of a whiff. It's actually really nice.

The negative: a friend came over for dinner and brought a REALLY nice bourbon the other night. I could feel the burn from the BIB designation, but it might as well have been Jim Beam.

VN Store

Back