Possibly Deserves it’s Own Thread - 5 UCF Players Drafted

vegasvolfan

Marketing Professional With 25 Years of Experience
I know a thread was created around this, but I am going in a different direction with this. First I want to point out the fact that NONE of the players that went pro from UCF were 5 stars and were as low as two stars:

Tay Gowan: 2* DB
Jacob Harris Walk On WR at Western Kentucky
Tre Nixon 4* WR
Richie Grant 2* DB
Aaron Robinson 3* DB

I think I got these right. 1 WO, Two 2*. One 3*, 1 4*...

So, for now, this seems like a good point to make in the other thread about how UCF produced 5 NFL draftees and that gives hope that Huepel is the man especially when considering their recruiting rankings.That is where the intention of this thread goes in another direction and why I felt this deserves its own thread.

Looking beyond the fact that Heupel and Co heavily influenced the NFL draft of a group of guys who most would say “don’t want” if they came to Tennessee, I think many would come up with these questions:

Would these guys have gone pro if they played for any SEC school? (Would they have ever seen the PT? How much of the answer “no” is due to paying highly rated recruits? Would they have performed as well?

Is it about the stats? (Does the combine mainly look at stats? Do all draftees or most or at least these 5 compete in the combine? If so they must have done well.)

Is that why other schools are starting to get highly rated recruits here and there? (because these recruits know they have a better chance to stand out statistically against other competition?)

Are a lot of recruits with higher ratings playing at schools like Tennessee on front of lower rated players that are actually better leaving the better players underdeveloped? (My gut tells me this is a sad yes.)

For those of you who don’t get the below references to fighting etc I made the mistake of including a typo on this board citing UFC as UCF 🤣 Good stuff.

Last edited:
I know a thread was created around this, but I am going in a different direction with this. First I want to point out the fact that NONE of the players that went pro from UFC were 5 stars and were as low as two stars:

Tay Gowan: 2* DB
Jacob Harris Walk On WR at Western Kentucky
Tre Nixon 4* WR
Richie Grant 2* DB
Aaron Robinson 3* DB

I think I got these right. 1 WO, Two 2*. One 3*, 1 4*...

So, for now, this seems like a good point to make in the other thread about how UCF produced 5 NFL draftees and that gives hope that Huepel is the man especially when considering their recruiting rankings.That is where the intention of this thread goes in another direction and why I felt this deserves its own thread.

Looking beyond the fact that Heupel and Co heavily influenced the NFL draft of a group of guys who most would say “don’t want” if they came to Tennessee, I think many would come up with these questions:

Would these guys have gone pro if they played for any SEC school? (Would they have ever seen the PT? How much of the answer “no” is due to paying highly rated recruits? Would they have performed as well?

Is it about the stats? (Does the combine mainly look at stats? Do all draftees or most or at least these 5 compete in the combine? If so they must have done well.)

Is that why other schools are starting to get highly rated recruits here and there? (because these recruits know they have a better chance to stand out statistically against other competition?)

Are a lot of recruits with higher ratings playing at schools like Tennessee on front of lower rated players that are actually better leaving the better players underdeveloped? (My gut tells me this is a sad yes.)
This says a lot for coach Martinez. Turning 2 2star DB’s in NFL draftees.

Richie Grant was one of my favorite players in the draft, surprised to see he was only a 2 star out of high school. Silly Mike Farrell. Also you mean UCF

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Richie Grant was one of my favorite players in the draft, surprised to see he was only a 2 star out of high school. Silly Mike Farrell. Also you mean UCF
Yes I keep doing that. Ugh

VN Store

Back