Possible Ole Miss OCs: Joe Brady, Graham Harrell, Tee Martin

I think so too. It makes no sense, and it's also boring, and somehow people can't stop posting the same thing over and over. One guy says "Coach X is good" and a little army of keyboard warriors can't wait to be the first to say Coach X success "doesn't count" because he recruited the best players. Good grief. Somebody should go outside and take a walk. Maybe get to know a girl or something.

Unfortunately, all you ever really know is who won. Even if a guy does more with less at some school, you can appreciate that, but he may not be able to duplicate that at another school. Ultimately they're all human and strangely enough, need to be a little messed up probably to be a really good coach.

I do think that Joe Brady exhibited the best QB play I ever saw, but I'm not an analyst of QB's. I had to presume he was well coached.

I'm glad it's not my money.
Maybe not, but it also seems like there is more of an urge to blame coaches for things that go wrong in sports than the players. I'm not quite exactly sure why; perhaps fans like doing it because it makes them seem smarter than the coach ("He shouldn't have called that play!"). It is as though fans think the outcome of every event should be known by the coach in advance, and if they don't make the right call then that means they are a bad coach.

VN Store

Back