Possible medical scenarios where Trey Smith allowed to play this season:

If only he had three years of collegiate football to prove his ability to play while under the supervision and care of medical professionals? But seriously, the message board people have spoken and he should hang it up.

I don't think anyone on here doubts Trey's physical ability to play the position in the SEC or the NFL....
I certainly don't.

What you continually fail to realize is that the MDs alone are in charge of clearing Trey to play because of his medical condition.
Did you forget that it was UT's team of MDs that benched Trey last year????

No message board person had a say in the matter--nor will in the future.

I don't think anyone on here doubts Trey's physical ability to play the position in the SEC or the NFL....
I certainly don't.

What you continually fail to realize is that the MDs alone are in charge of clearing Trey to play because of his medical condition.
Did you forget that it was UT's team of MDs that benched Trey last year????
No message board person had a say in the matter--nor will in the future.
Don’t use common sense in this setting, it’s a recipe for disaster

Im
I don’t think you quite understand how the medicine to prevent a person with Recurring DVT/PE issues actually works vs bleeding risk involved. Not to mention what causes the issues to begin with..Chris Bosch attempted to come off the meds to play in NBA again multiple times and couldn’t w/ out recurring issues.
Oh, well that solves it. An NBA player and jordanthegimp take blood meds, thus Trey”s situation is exactly the same. It may utimately be, but how the F do you know? You in the Dr’s office with him?

Oh, well that solves it. An NBA player and jordanthegimp take blood meds, thus Trey”s situation is exactly the same. It may utimately be, but how the F do you know? You in the Dr’s office with him?

Dude, are you drinking? This argument goes both ways. Do you know the Dr.or the meds?
Geeze man, at least make it interesting.

Reactions: jordanthegimp

Maybe you should really do some research on how the human body forms blood clots--and the medications used to treat an overactive clotting mechanism. Please take note of the RISKS involved to the patient who has to take those medications, too.

Got to believe Trey has great doctors and will make an informed decision. Im sure he has good people in his corner and in my opinion Pruitt will not allow him on the field if he thought he would be putting Trey in a dangerous situation..

You seem to want a guarantee, and there are no guarantees on life period. There is never no chance for anybody, bottom line if the doctors think it's safe for him to play and him and his family want him to play he will play. It's not nobody's decision but his and his families when it comes down to it. Everybody on here has their opinion, but only the doctors, trainers and coaches and Trey and his parents are what really matter. If all them think it's safe he will play, if doctors think it's to risky he won't. Folks on here need to let the doctors and the family and Trey figure it out, they are ones in best position not people on here playing doctor one way or the other. GBO!!!!!!

He may play as you suggest, but it may not be for UT. I think I have seen or heard where a school as not allowed players with health issues to play at their school. I don't think this would happen in this case, but stranger things have happened.

Were one to take a DNA sample from the two players mentioned by OP one would find they are two entirely different people. They respond to stimuli and their environment differently. OP makes no mention that qualified medical personnel that evaluated player 1 has evaluated player 2 and their conditions are the same or even equivalent.

Instead the inference of "blood clots" wherever and however they came to be for player 1 are automatically related to player 2. That's not medical science that's superstition and ignorance.

I don't know this answer, but, the question, which can make this the bigger difference. When did Clint first get diagnosed and experience the issue? I'm guessing that his occurred after he had already made the life changing money, not before.

My answer is not based on fact. Just my observations of the NFL. If his condition was before his career, he would not have had one in the NFL. Medically concerned, the NFL, in the last few years seems to have been very conservative.

Clint was a really good O lineman at UGA. I don't think he could have started 112 games for the Bengals with this condition. It must be recent.

The same knee clackers, hand wringers, and naysayers along with doomsday Nancys all lined up with this same "Trey will never play another down of football again" last season about this same time last year. Their cousins twice removed from Aunt Selma's horse had blood clots and by God they know everything there is to be or ever will be known about blood clots, just ask 'em. Trey ran through the T and played. I support whatever and however Trey decides to handle this upcoming season.

This is true. It just recently came on the market and is roughly $30k per dose...no big deal if it’s the UT athletic department footing the bill but quite a difference for the regular joe.
Makes me sick to my stomach that any medication can cost this much.

My answer is not based on fact. Just my observations of the NFL. If his condition was before his career, he would not have had one in the NFL. Medically concerned, the NFL, in the last few years seems to have been very conservative.

Agreed, and also my point. Unless Trey is miraculously cured, the NFL will be very, very hesitant about him.

Reactions: savannahfan
Really don't think it will take the "faith" of the coach and the player, it will take the approval of he medical staff AND the university powers that be. This AND is a big one. I seem to remember a time or two in the past where the university said no when questionable health was involved.
We're going to be taking an extremely risk averse approach. Especially with what happened to that poor kid in Maryland. And that's ok with me I don't want to see Trey lose his life playing for us

Reactions: savannahfan
While I wish we could have a 100% healthy Trey, personally I don't want him to play given his current circumstances. He's at risk and I love that he loves the orange, but I'd like to see him walk away alive than risk an appointment with the undertaker.

Reactions: lukeneyland

VN Store

Back