Possible Alabama uniform change?

I kind of agree with him. You don't see traditional power programs like USC, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Alabama doing these jersey gimmicks. I said that before UT wore the Black. I think UT is in the same group with these programs and is above that sort of thing. UGA, etc needs gimmicks for attention, but UT should be above that, IMO. But hey, it worked out great for UT against the cocks, and since it was Haloween, i understand it. But if UT had lost I bet the sentiment in the fan base on on VN would be a lot different.

IMO, UT is orange and white and lets keep it that way.

GO VOLS.

Here is the picture i.e. the jersey gimmicks if anyone doesn't want to click on the link.

houndstooth-alabamajpg-dcad4377be42dae0_large.jpg

I thought USC participated in them and UCLA both wearing home colors. Maybe that was Cal.

At any rate, it was holiday, players wanted to do it, I seriously don't see what the big deal is. It wasn't a gimmick, it was fun. For everybody.

I thought USC participated in them and UCLA both wearing home colors. Maybe that was Cal.

At any rate, it was holiday, players wanted to do it, I seriously don't see what the big deal is. It wasn't a gimmick, it was fun. For everybody.

Not a big deal, just my 2 cents. You're right about USC and UCLA, but neither of them changed their traditional look for that game.

The point is that a few select programs are so good that their team image is ingrained in society. People who aren't even CFB fans around the country know instantly when they see the uniform what team it is. I feel like ut is in that select group.

But enough with the jerseys. Honestly, if UT is winning I don't care what they wear.

GO VOLS.

I personally thought it was funny. Besides who cares what Bama thinks? jmho

I kind of agree with him. You don't see traditional power programs like USC, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Alabama doing these jersey gimmicks. I said that before UT wore the Black. I think UT is in the same group with these programs and is above that sort of thing. UGA, etc needs gimmicks for attention, but UT should be above that, IMO. But hey, it worked out great for UT against the cocks, and since it was Haloween, i understand it. But if UT had lost I bet the sentiment in the fan base on on VN would be a lot different.

IMO, UT is orange and white and lets keep it that way.

GO VOLS.

You can remove Ohio State, and possibly Michigan, from your list.

Ohio State to wear throwback uniforms - Big Ten - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sick of hearing about the Black Uniforms. LANE KIFFIN is NOT breaking tradition. He was getting our players and fans hyped, which is something we have not experianced in years. If ERIC BERRY and MONTARIO HARDESTY came to me and asked for pink jerseys for just ONE game, by god I would give it to them, They play their asses off and for 1 game they wanted Black Uni's and people are crying about! CRY ME A RIVER and shove your DONATION money right up you a**. Tradition did not get us SH*T the last 5 years, not saying I don't love are tradition, but ONE FREAKING GAME.....GET REAL HATERS.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am so sick of hearing about the Black Uniforms. LANE KIFFIN is NOT breaking tradition. He was getting our players and fans hyped, which is something we have not experianced in years. If ERIC BERRY and MONTARIO HARDESTY came to me and asked for pink jerseys for just ONE game, by god I would give it to them, They play their asses off and for 1 game they wanted Black Uni's and people are crying about! CRY ME A RIVER and shove your DONATION money right up you a**. Tradition did not get us SH*T the last 5 years, not saying I don't love are tradition, but ONE FREAKING GAME.....GET REAL HATERS.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

feel better?

Ohio State may be calling them "throwbacks," but the mockup circulating on the net doesn't look anything like the old-school jerseys that the 1954 team actually wore.

Oh no, now we got the bama people going. I can see it now 1001 posts on the houndstooth jersey. One night on halloween we wore black jerseys, so what. Everyone will look back at that one and say "wow look at the black jerseys".

I for one like a little something different from time to time.
Can you imagine how boring it would be if we wore maroon and white like bammer every game for the last 50 years?
I like the black jerseys for one game every 2-3 years.

And yes, OSU is supposed to wear throwback unis against michigan.

Brilliant post. Care to actually give reasons why you disagree?

Ohio State may be calling them "throwbacks," but the mockup circulating on the net doesn't look anything like the old-school jerseys that the 1954 team actually wore.

Exactly. If people like the jerk I quoted above would actually read the article, they'd see that the jerseys they are going to wear look like something from the future. I'm pretty sure they didn't wear anything like it back in 1954.

osuunisjpg90ed78df21016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

VN Store

Back