Portal effects by SEC team

unfrozencvmanvol

Nico came, he saw, he conquered.
I thought this was interesting. SIAP. It's from Cole Cubelic's Twitter. Those who are "in" are currently in the almighty Portal but have not announced a new destination yet. What jumps out to me is that it's a net loss numbers wise to almost everyone, but wow, Sakerlina is really bleeding.D8eswkKX4AENUYN.jpeg

Wow......thanks OP this is actually kind of interesting. Love seeing Florida go into the red and Ark is could be losing 20 if the "ins" all go......that's telling.
I also like to think that our relatively low attrition numbers mean: a) CJP is shooting these kids straight; and b) we don't have as many quitter/cancer type players as some have thought.

Last edited:
I also like to think that our relatively low attrition numbers mean: a) CJP is shooting these kids straight; and b) we don't have quitter/cancer type players as some have thought.

Thinking the same thing.....and any cancer that we had I hope is gone now. But agreed that I think low attrition has to be attributed to the staff because its certainly not indicative to the product or results on the field of the past few years. (Before I get blasted, I agree with all the turmoil and coaching search and mostly butches kids that last years results had some flashes of life.... i.e. Auburn and KY)

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Thinking the same thing.....and any cancer that we had I hope is gone now. But agreed that I think low attrition has to be attributed to the staff because its certainly not indicative to the product or results on the field of the past few years. (Before I get blasted, I agree with all the turmoil and coaching search and mostly butches kids that last years results had some flashes of life.... i.e. Auburn and KY)
Hats off to Barry Odum also, with sanctions they are a net +2. I hate losing to the s.o.b.'s but they've built a good program in that they develop their players and consistently exceed their recruiting rankings.

Mizzou with only 1 player even entering..Based on absolutely zero facts, I choose to believe they're a cult, because it's more interesting that way. That 1 kid better watch his back 😅

Dibbs on the movie rights.

Hotel Mizzou: You can check in any time you like but you can never leave.

Once Mizzou's Probation Appeal is upheld, then they may gets some more entries. We'll take their star TE and a few salty lineman off their hands. Rountree wouldn't hurt either.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Word on the street is that CJP lined up a tutor to help Richmond with his "Portal Application".

Wow......thanks OP this is actually kind of interesting. Love seeing Florida go into the red and Ark is could be losing 20 if the "ins" all go......that's telling.

Sometimes the portal helps teams: Like in our case, we got rid of some so-so players (Richmond was probably the best to transfer) and we picked up Solomon and Gibbs.

Florida lost good players including recent highly rated recruits.

Arky has a ton of turnover which will hurt this year but will accelerated Morris getting his type of players enrolled.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Ummm..... I was told (here) that only TN had players leaving and that the world was ENDING!?!?!?
Practically I think the Portal is going to mean that most teams are going to be taking full 25 man recruiting classes every year because more and more upperclassmen who aren't playing as much as they want to are going to leave.

And some of the transferees will doubtless end up on other planets with proto-Egyptian cultures, of course.

Sometimes the portal helps teams: Like in our case, we got rid of some so-so players (Richmond was probably the best to transfer) and we picked up Solomon and Gibbs.

Florida lost good players including recent highly rated recruits.

Arky has a ton of turnover which will hurt this year but will accelerated Morris getting his type of players enrolled.

I have a hard time believing that a team that went 2-10 with 20 players transferring or thinking of transferring can be considered a good thing.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I have a hard time believing that a team that went 2-10 with 20 players transferring or thinking of transferring can be considered a good thing.

Short term I agree with you. The youth and inexperience with their system will hurt. But every Bilema player to leave makes room for a Morris player.

I think it shows that Arky is cutting the malcontents from its program.

Transfer portal needs to be qualified. The list also includes graduate transfers and even walk-ons.

VN Store

Back