Poor coaching decisions

ibvolman

It's all about the Vols
Twice we had the ball in FG range. Twice we elected to go for it on 4th down and got stuffed. Take the 6 points you left on the field and this game never goes to OT.

I have mentioned this in another thread but he had a TO and instead of taking it and getting his young D setup he let them get burned for a long pass play. If he takes it on that 3rd down play the game is over.

Twice we had the ball in FG range. Twice we elected to go for it on 4th down and got stuffed. Take the 6 points you left on the field and this game never goes to OT.
You are correct. Throw the ball to a wide open Jennings standing in the end zone instead of holding it 3 seconds and that's an extra 4 points. The best play all night was getting wide, but on every 4th down that we tried for we ran up the middle. Every time that we need yards on third down, he always throws it short and hopes the back can make a play. JG is not a quarterback that we can win with, and besides that they are afraid to let him throw it down the field because he does not release the ball soon enough. Any other position on the field that had the starter playing like he does would be replaced. I will admit that I have been wrong for three years about him, he is not someone that we will ever win with because he has no confidence in our receivers to throw to an open space where they are suppose to be. Yes bench him. The last thing is on 3rd and 9 in 2nd overtime he threw the ball behind the line of scrimmage with no chance of picking up a first down, he never looked down field and that is poor coaching as well.

Reactions: James Turner

VN Store

Back