Polynice is a BEAST....

Fine Vol

Go Vols
Thoughts....
1. Polynice is one of the best players I have seen in a while. When he drives he scores. Gaskins will be a great player but he is a lil green and makes rookie mistakes. Once he settles down he will be a beast to. I cant believe how athletic Ole Miss is and it seems like they excel at driving to the basket.
1. UT has 2 gears on D and they play hard on both sides of the ball. I have never seen a group of guys so willing to go after every ball like their life depended on it. They should go deep with efforts like the one we watched last night.
3. Bruce Pearl......IS THE MAN. I love his energy.:salute:

PS-When that player blocked the dunk attempt he clobbered SMITH. How can they not call that?

Thoughts....
1. Polynice is one of the best players I have seen in a while. When he drives he scores. Gaskins will be a great player but he is a lil green and makes rookie mistakes. Once he settles down he will be a beast to. I cant believe how athletic Ole Miss is and it seems like they excel at driving to the basket.
1. UT has 2 gears on D and they play hard on both sides of the ball. I have never seen a group of guys so willing to go after every ball like their life depended on it. They should go deep with efforts like the one we watched last night.
3. Bruce Pearl......IS THE MAN. I love his energy.:salute:

PS-When that player blocked the dunk attempt he clobbered SMITH. How can they not call that?

Two words: Ted Valentine

That was one of the most unbelievable no calls I've ever seen. He got the ball, but the contact with the body was impossible to miss even at full speed.

That will pay huge dividends in the tournament for you.
hope so....but Ole Miss took a couple of shots that i would call "ill advised" whilst we scored the 4 pts to tie it up. that and the guy we fouled was a 51% f/t shooter, clanged it off the rim, we get the ball and the rest was up to Tyler Smith.

still, having said all that, we had to score 6 straight to win, and hold them to 0. mission accomplished.:thumbsup:

Well - considering he wasn't even one of the top 2 players on his team... not really. Possibly not even top 3.

Polynice has a lot of potential, and he's just beginning to realize it. I played against him twice a year for a few years in high school and he kept steadily improving. He wasn't recruited at all until his senior year, and even then he wasn't considered a big-time prospect. He played with Gary Clark who is a freshman at Wake Forest it always seemed like Polynice was too unselfish and didn't mind letting Clark take 50 shots a game. Keep an eye on him over the next couple years, if he keeps improving the way he has he could be very good.

VN Store

Back