23 Texas A&M
24 Sam Houston St.
25 Texas Tech
26 Tennessee
27 TCU
28 Indiana
29 FIU
30 Houston

(one has to be a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, moron to rank Vols behind Miss State, UCLA, Texas A&M and Rice)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kendall didn't use to be an ACC shill but he is not just aping the Baseball America poll.

The only reason Virginia and Fla State are top-2 is because they were overrated to begin with.

Four teams behind them had better weeks and actually better seasons than them.

And how many games does Mississippi State, UCLA and Indiana have to lose before they fall out of polls? I appreciate that no one likes to admit they make mistakes, but let's face the facts, you are what your record is. MSU and UCLA are about to begin conference play where the records will not get any better.

Last edited:
Lol at South Carolina not being #1. The love for the ACC is disgusting. Same song, different verse year after year. How many times do those teams have to go down in the regionals before BA and PG get off their nuts?

Smh

It appears staff at BA finally realized how absurd their argument was last week to keep Virginia at #1.

As long as Virginia lost no more than one-game per week, they were going to stay #1 no matter what #2 or #3 did.

I do bet Kendall Rogers at PG is upset about being left high and dry by the BA guys as the other polls will continue to have SC as #1, thus making PG the proverbial outlier.

Last edited:
Which poll had Tennessee at No. 19 last week and when does that one come out?

Last week's polls

All the Polls are now in:

polls.png

-Up two spots in Collegiate Baseball to #17. Don't have as much to go up in that poll so moves will be minimal.

And to be fair, although I have expressed that Collegiate Baseball and coaches poll are my favorites, even I have to admit that CB may be a little bit too pro-SEC. But at least they have an argument over the pro-ACC polls.

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt · 1h
Now that the Gamecocks are No. 1, I suspect their fans will be up in arms next week when we don't move them up. At least they're passionate.

:eek:lol::lolabove::eek:lol:

I just love watching our boys playing sound Baseball..I have been to 2 games and enjoyed it, even with Freezing my ass off last Tuesday. ..GO VOLS

I just love watching our boys playing sound Baseball..I have been to 2 games and enjoyed it, even with Freezing my ass off last Tuesday. ..GO VOLS

Way to go. I would love to see them. Maybe when they play the Gators.:good!:
GO VOLS!

It' early yet but the goals should be as follows.

#1....Qualify for Hoover
#2....Top 16 get to host regionals (with a few exceptions)
#3....Top 8 get to be seeded nationally and would host super regions.

A team that finishes in the top five of the SEC has a great chance to be in top-16 nationally.

Vanderbilt fans may not know this since college baseball was invented by Corbin until 2006; but the super regional system started in 2001. Even though the Vols went to Omaha twice after 2001, the Vols have never been a national seed and had to be win at ECU and GaTech to qualify for CWS.

It would be nice to have 2-3 games in Knoxville before the CWS. IT would likely be a bigprogram as well. Probably an ACC team. Huge crowds, tailgating. warm weather.

It' early yet but the goals should be as follows.

#1....Qualify for Hoover
#2....Top 16 get to host regionals (with a few exceptions)
#3....Top 8 get to be seeded nationally and would host super regions.

A team that finishes in the top five of the SEC has a great chance to be in top-16 nationally.

Vanderbilt fans may not know this since college baseball was invented by Corbin until 2006; but the super regional system started in 2001. Even though the Vols went to Omaha twice after 2001, the Vols have never been a national seed and had to be win at ECU and GaTech to qualify for CWS.

It would be nice to have 2-3 games in Knoxville before the CWS. IT would likely be a bigprogram as well. Probably an ACC team. Huge crowds, tailgating. warm weather.

1A... Make a regional.

Hoover doesn't at all guarantee a regional like it all but did back when there were only 8 in the tournament. Used to be if you left Hoover above .500, there was a place for you in a regional (exceptions apply: e.g. '07 UT). That's not the case anymore. Now Hoover alone means very little.

With that said, this team's goal is not to go to Omaha, nor to host a regional or a super. Its goal is not even to win the next series or the next game. It's goal is to win the next inning, always. I am in love with that philosophy and teams that can buy into that will find themselves in a very good position at the end of the year. Here's to winning every inning, with a #StayHungry attitude.

Tennessee has an undefeated record in super regional games (4-0).

VN Store

Back