Poll: Would you have Kiffin back?

Poll: Would you have Kiffin back?

• Yes

Votes: 505 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 165 24.7%

• Total voters
Our present offensive scheme is absolutely terrible with the worst OC in the country. Totally my opinion and I personally do not care what anyone thinks about it. I would love to talk to Chaney and tell him how terrible he is as an OC.

Sorry , have no idea why my computer has duplicate post............have tried to delete one of each but cannot do so.

In an attempt to keep Kiffin under a $2MM salary, Hammy eliminated almost all of Kiffin's buyout if Kiffin left for another job.

Had Hammy not done that, USCw likely doesnt hire him.

Both Hammy and Kiffin screwed up
USCw hired him because their first six choices all said NO. They were down to the scraps under the table. Which was proven by the fact he did nothing meaningful there and was embarrassingly fired. I still don’t understand the love here for such a mediocre coach.

Reactions: james_govols
Because they are dumb

It's almost like we forget what he did to us.

Hanging USC stuff in our locker room like we're some second rate university.

Calling UT the USC of the south.

Leaving us in the middle of the night.

Having coaches call our already enrolled kids trying to get them to lnot show up for classes and enroll at USC.

Dude was a **** bag. Honestly, probably still is.

No way he ever coaches at UT again.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
This may be the most pathetic thread ever. Isn't it bad enough that we suck? Let's at least try to hold onto our dignity.

Our dignity was curb stomped and thrown in a burning dumpster a few years back when Vandy was running a winning streak against us. It appears they're ready to start another one this year versus how UK curb stomped us at Neyland and the Cats eeking out a 3 point victory against Vandy yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: savannahfan
No! I kinda like the guys personality and humor but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, and that's not far

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Vols hire him, he has a successful year, then an NFL team comes calling, and he's gone after 1 year.

That's the Vol way

Because they are dumb

Because it’s an “opinion poll”. What’s the harm? It beats the 35th different thread on CJP, JG, Chaney, etc.

Funny, when Kiffin left I was in the “never take him back” camp. Now? Well, I can’t throw the first stone when it comes to stupid or selfish professional decisions, and there’s no debating his ability to field a potent offense, so...

I don’t think it happens, but yes. If CJP leaves or is let go, I’d welcome Lane Kiffin back to the Hill.

Go Vols.

The only way Kiffen would come back is if Phil is gone. Phil would never be part of hiring his replacement from 2009.

Last edited:
When this last search was done I was all for rehiring Kiffin and I never thought I would say that at the time.

It's almost like we forget what he did to us.

Hanging USC stuff in our locker room like we're some second rate university.

Calling UT the USC of the south.

Leaving us in the middle of the night.

Having coaches call our already enrolled kids trying to get them to lnot show up for classes and enroll at USC.

Dude was a **** bag. Honestly, probably still is.

No way he ever coaches at UT again.
He never hung any USC stuff in our locker room. He had stuff in his office. All those other claims are false. Plenty of coaches leave a school for another one. Doug Dickey leaving in 1969 was just as bad, if not worse

Kiffin absolutely put a top shelf, first class staff together.

BTW, our program is second rate right now. We have a backwoods hilljack as head coach who's miles in over his head

Reactions: 4chrissy
This is embarassing. This poll is like 80% of you saying you'd take your wife back if she slept with your brother. Talk about lack of pride in the orange. I snicker at things Kiffin says from time to time but we can't take him back on principle. Better to die the program we were than suffer the humiliation of taking him back to win, that would literally be like sucking **** for crack.

This may be the most pathetic thread ever. Isn't it bad enough that we suck? Let's at least try to hold onto our dignity.
You hold onto my dignity - I am tired of sucking. You and Fulmer's dignity cup will be why we won't hire Freeze, Kiffin, etc. and why we hire people like Pruitt and Jones.

It takes a bold move to shake off the stench surrounding this program. Pruitt sees himself in JG - and so we have the offense that we have. Outside the box thinking and leadership are needed -
Ole Miss looks exciting and well coached and they went and got a couple decent qbs.

At this point - we need something dramatic to turn things around.

Maybe the negative posters would be quiet for a while. but I don't think he would do any better, even as good as Pruitt will end up being. I would love to have him as a OC, but realize that that all never happen. I think he would be able to fill some of the holes on the offensive side and would give the better younger players the chance to help the team.

Kiffin is that crazy hot chick you want to go out with but would never want to marry much less marry twice.

A lot of fun but you know you're coming away with an itch and rash at some point.

VN Store

Back