Votes: 44 13.3%
  • Brian Rice

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • Joel Silverburg

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Jimmy Hyams

Votes: 86 25.9%

• Total voters
Where is Erik Ainge ? I get it that it's state run radio, and they are supposed to pump sunshine, but man, I hope he don't believe the crap that comes outta his mouth.. he is the worst...write another love letter to JG why don't ya Ainge..

Reactions: feathersax
Tony is a loser. He has always been a loser. Those are facts. If there was a chance of him not being a loser he wouldn’t have to pay for his airtime. He would have all the viable broadcasting entities begging for his content. But no. He’s terrible. It’s really bad when Dave Hooker is better connected.

Actually he’s carved out a really fine niche for himself. He has managed to stay on the air despite not being able to do remote broadcasts which were the foundation of his business model. He filled up many rooms with his loyal followers which is immediately measured by cash registers ringing rather than consultant’s ratings books.

He also doesn’t have to report to corporate radio overlords that chronically cut their employees loose.

Actually he’s carved out a really fine niche for himself. He has managed to stay on the air despite not being able to do remote broadcasts which were the foundation of his business model. He filled up many rooms with his loyal followers which is immediately measured by cash registers ringing rather than consultant’s ratings books.

He also doesn’t have to report to corporate radio overlords that chronically cut their employees loose.

He's one of those "chronically cut" by the "corporate radio overloads" and it's simple. He doesn't draw. He doesn't put money back into the sack that he's paid from.

Uh. The proof is in the facts that he has to pay to be on the radio and that he was previously employed at several radio stations. Are you slow or something?

Basilio has owned and produced his own show for what? 10 years now?

There is no shame in being let go for on-air talent. Formats continuously evolve. Contracts aren’t renewed all the time. Radio corporations push out the legacy talent all the time and replace them with the younger, cheaper, less established voices.

Uh. The proof is in the facts that he has to pay to be on the radio and that he was previously employed at several radio stations. Are you slow or something?
Well mr special, if you're talking years and years ago, then fine, I'm not. Never heard of anyone having to pay to have their show on radio..

Well mr special, if you're talking years and years ago, then fine, I'm not. Never heard of anyone having to pay to have their show on radio..

Basilio isn’t an employee of WJBE. They have a deal of some sort. Basilio might cut them a check, they might cut him a check, they might run their inventory of commercials at certain times originating inside of his feed, or they might run their own at certain times instead of his feed from their automation system. I always listen to the internet streaming rather than the over-the-air broadcast so it is difficult to tell who might be selling the spots that I hear. The simulcast is from 11-1 and then it is exclusively Basilio’s narrowcasting at 1pm as he drops off of WJBE.

Basilio isn’t an employee of WJBE. They have a deal of some sort. Basilio might cut them a check, they might cut him a check, they might run their inventory of commercials at certain times originating inside of his feed, or they might run their own at certain times instead of his feed from their automation system. I always listen to the internet streaming rather than the over-the-air broadcast so it is difficult to tell who might be selling the spots that I hear. The simulcast is from 11-1 and then it is exclusively Basilio’s narrowcasting at 1pm as he drops off of WJBE.
That's what I do, listen to the app..

Basilio has owned and produced his own show for what? 10 years now?

There is no shame in being let go for on-air talent. Formats continuously evolve. Contracts aren’t renewed all the time. Radio corporations push out the legacy talent all the time and replace them with the younger, cheaper, less established voices.
his listenership is low. His impressions per thousand are pitiful. He is not a real talent. He is the bottom of the barrel in a very specific and small genre. Think about all the people who have broadcast in this market who have gone on to bigger platforms. Not Tony. Tony is the worst in the market. Facts. Facts are hard to accept.

his listenership is low. His impressions per thousand are pitiful. He is not a real talent. He is the bottom of the barrel in a very specific and small genre. Think about all the people who have broadcast in this market who have gone on to bigger platforms. Not Tony. Tony is the worst in the market. Facts. Facts are hard to accept.

His business model is narrowcasting, not terrestrial over-the-air which is a dying concept. Basilio brings customers to remotes as well as anybody in the local market. Try accepting those facts.

Reactions: sportsnut624
His business model is narrowcasting, not terrestrial over-the-air which is a dying concept. Basilio brings customers to remotes as well as anybody in the local market. Try accepting those facts.
I understand you're fond of him. His show has extremely low listenership. Possibly the lowest of all sports programming in the entire market. Think about that. Sports radio is not only a dying concept it's dead. And to your claim he "brings customers to remotes," well, the market research refutes that in a big way. Let's say he does bring in some listeners to a remote. They don't have any money. They have no credit. How are they going to be long term customers when they don't BUY anything? See, that's the biggest flaw in your statement. If Tony had listeners who supported him with purchases he would be on at least WKGN. He's not. Why? Because you're picture of him was drawn with crayons.

I understand you're fond of him. His show has extremely low listenership. Possibly the lowest of all sports programming in the entire market. Think about that. Sports radio is not only a dying concept it's dead. And to your claim he "brings customers to remotes," well, the market research refutes that in a big way. Let's say he does bring in some listeners to a remote. They don't have any money. They have no credit. How are they going to be long term customers when they don't BUY anything? See, that's the biggest flaw in your statement. If Tony had listeners who supported him with purchases he would be on at least WKGN. He's not. Why? Because you're picture of him was drawn with crayons.

He fills up bars and restaurants with his watch parties. And I’m no more fond of Basilio than most any other local sports show. But you apparently have issues with him.

“You’re” last sentence is a classic.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
He fills up bars and restaurants with his watch parties. And I’m no more fond of Basilio than most any other local sports show. But you apparently have issues with him.

“You’re” last sentence is a classic.

Basilio can't even fill his gas tank to a sufficient level. Next.

VN Store

Back