Poll: Should UT flop a lot against UGA?

Poll: Should UT flop a lot against UGA?

• Total voters
As long as they flop toward the ball carrier's legs out of the backfield, flop away.
IMO, that is our best bet at making tackles.

Not for any kind of competitive advantage. I'd love to see it just because it's the prime SEC match up this week and people need to see how ridiculous it is that we have to put up with it so often.

No but I think everyone coming through the gate should get a container of bubbles to blow during the game. Cardboard cartons of coarse.

I keep hearing that but how do you prove it's not a real injury? So you would need to make any injury , fake or real to sit a series.
Let's look at this example, your QB get's nicked and has to leave the game. Now he has to sit an entire series?

I don't know the answer but we have to figure it out. It's bush league.
When I was a young man it would have most likely provoked a fight.

If you are doing it across the board "for player safety" then you don't have to prove who is flopping and who is not.

Just institute a rule that says, basically, if play has to be stopped, you sit out the rest of the drive and the next drive, and that the only substitution that can be made is to replace the "injured" player.

All in the name of player safety, cause after all, if you're too injured (or too tired) that we have to stop play, you should not be on the field, right?

At least that's my take on it.

Reactions: DickeyD
I keep hearing that but how do you prove it's not a real injury? So you would need to make any injury , fake or real to sit a series.
Let's look at this example, your QB get's nicked and has to leave the game. Now he has to sit an entire series?

I don't know the answer but we have to figure it out. It's bush league.
When I was a young man it would have most likely provoked a fight.
yep, if you have to go to the sideline, you sit the whole series at a minimum. That would stop it...

If you are doing it across the board "for player safety" then you don't have to prove who is flopping and who is not.

Just institute a rule that says, basically, if play has to be stopped, you sit out the rest of the drive and the next drive, and that the only substitution that can be made is to replace the "injured" player.

All in the name of player safety, cause after all, if you're too injured (or too tired) that we have to stop play, you should not be on the field, right?

At least that's my take on it.
EXACTLY
There is no question of is it fake anymore. you drop and stop the flow of the game, you sit this series, period. Yes, for player safety! :)

Reactions: preacherwebb
Hahaha, flopping isn't going to make a difference one way or the other. While always hopeful, I'm just praying our QB makes it out of Neyland alive. He's going to need protection or some fast legs. lol.

yep, if you have to go to the sideline, you sit the whole series at a minimum. That would stop it...
So we punish everyone that's injured but could return in play or two because some players are lazy or just want to stop the momentum.

So we punish everyone that's injured but could return in play or two because some players are lazy or just want to stop the momentum.
Yep only way to stop it....otherwise, drag an official doctor out there to determine it.....how else are you gonna do it? Sarcasm by the way

Kentucky stole several additional timeouts during the game flopping on offense.

College football HAS to address this in the offseason.

Reactions: LargeOrange1
Ou
Our defense has played 101 plays one game (?) and 99 plays another. I think they're probably getting conditioned to being out there. By the end of the season, they won't even break a sweat during the game.

Our d actually played their best on the last drive of the game. So go figure?

They really need to figure out how to wrangle that crap in. I like the idea of...if you flop (injury or not) you must sit out that series and can not come back in until after. It would be for the players safety.

I believe if the game is stopped for a player injury then ONLY the injured player can be subbed. The injured player must sit out a prescribed number of plays and players in the game must go to the middle of the field and coaches stay on the sidelines. to prevent extra timeouts.

Reactions: DickeyD
There won't be any need to flop. Georgia is going to run their offense as slowly as they can. Tennessee's greatest strength right now is its quick strike play potential, and the best way to neutralize that is to not let it get on the field.

VN Store

Back