• 11 games and 12 team CFP

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • 10 games and 64 team CFP

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Just play year round

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

VolnJC

Mike Leach said he would like to see a 64 team playoff, which would add at least 2 more weeks to the season. Would 17 be too many for teams to be expected to play with school and injuries?

Also is it time to maybe start getting rid of some bowl games? I don't think a 6-6 team deserves to be going anywhere. Compromise could be teams could still practice while football is being played regardless if your team is in a bowl game.

I'd rather see an 8 team playoff.
Power 5 conference champions, top team from group of 5 (let the little guys have a chance) and 2 at-large teams ( best of the P5 conference championship game losers and maybe Norte Dame... maybe)

None of the above. Put as many in the playoffs as is seen fit. Don't penalize everyone (players and fans) else a game (and it's revenue) just because they don't make the play-offs.

Reactions: VolnJC
16 regular season games (9 conference, 3 OOC P5, 4 G5)
August 15-December 15 regular season.
Nearest Saturdays to dates
NFL time clock to shorten the number of plays per game.
8 play off teams. 5 P5 champions , top 3 at large
December 22 First playoff round
January 1 2nd playoff round
Championship week before Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Mike Leach said he would like to see a 64 team playoff, which would add at least 2 more weeks to the season. Would 17 be too many for teams to be expected to play with school and injuries?

I doubt football teams would play 2 games a week for 2 weeks after a 13 game season which includes a SEC championship game.

12 X 12. The lower ranked FB conferences have this and maybe a larger group of playoff teams. NFL plays 16 games and an 8 game playoff I believe. So it's BS when its stated college teams cannot play this many games. Only the power 5 teams have not. Playoffs have to expand to get away from the elite 5.

Also is it time to maybe start getting rid of some bowl games? I don't think a 6-6 team deserves to be going anywhere. Compromise could be teams could still practice while football is being played regardless if your team is in a bowl game.
I don’t have a problem with the amount of bowl games. I’m gonna watch the Pinstripe Bowl the day after Christmas if it’s on. I’d rather watch bowl games during the Holidays than a lot of other stuff. Better that than having another Hallmark Christmas movie or Paw Patrol on in the background.

I vote "None of the Above"

Go back to the old way. Screw the BCS and the CFP.
Money is ruining the sport we all love.

If you just lost a conference championship game……..why on earth would you “deserve” a playoff spot?

If you don’t win your conference why do you “deserve” a playoff spot?

Seriously

If/when an expansion happens there will be teams in the playoffs who just lost their championship game…….and hey……let’s reward them with a playoff spot…….simply ridiculous.

I vote "None of the Above"

Go back to the old way. Screw the BCS and the CFP.
Money is ruining the sport we all love.

Stupid rule changes have. They could realign conferences every year from now until doomsday. I will watch as much as I have since 2013. Targeting gets called, what is on MeTV, or what is on demand right now?

And the old way was BS too. You think anyone wants to go back to watching the championship game on Saturday, and waiting until some fat assed journalistic polsters vote on who the best is by Monday or Tuesday? Screw that.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Stupid rule changes have. They could realign conferences every year from now until doomsday. I will watch as much as I have since 2013. Targeting gets called, what is on MeTV, or what is on demand right now?

And the old way was BS too. You think anyone wants to go back to watching the championship game on Saturday, and waiting until some fat assed journalistic polsters vote on who the best is by Monday or Tuesday? Screw that.
Well...........screw this system

64 team play off would be good in theory. I think we will end up that way. No reason to leave out teams like ucf, Cincy and app state imo they could have made it to the championship game when they were really good. Give them a chance. Everyone makes more money so that will please networks and schools. Also all home games should be at the school that is considered home. Then what ever the two teams are for championship then the championship game needs to be in the middle as best as it can to be played

VN Store

Back