Poll, QB to lead the Vols to a Bowl

Which QB do you feel gives the Volsnthe best chance to reach a bowl game this season?

• Total voters
I think these last three games will be a combined effort. I don't expect "one" QB to play in any of the games. JMO
I don’t expect Maurer to take a single snap on Saturday, or any other time this season. I really don’t....he may at some point, but I don’t expect it.

I expect that Jauan will run 4-5 plays out of the wildcat, especially in goal line situations.

I expect Shrout to play 2, maybe 3 series for the entire game.

And I expect JG to play the rest of the game, every game, even if his head is literally severed from his body and is sitting in Section E, row 8, seat 11.

Reactions: VolinMC
I don’t expect Maurer to take a single snap on Saturday, or any other time this season. I really don’t....he may at some point, but I don’t expect it.

I expect that Jauan will run 4-5 plays out of the wildcat, especially in goal line situations.

I expect Shrout to play 2, maybe 3 series for the entire game.

And I expect JG to play the rest of the game, every game, even if his head is literally severed from his body and is sitting in Section E, row 8, seat 11.
You may be right, hope you're wrong. :)

If Maurer doesn't play, are you assuming there's something pretty serious going on with him that would dictate whether or not he plays?

Reactions: AM64
I know that when watching JG I have come to expect mediocrity. He just isn't fun to watch, always expecting a ball to be thrown at light speed to a target 9 feet away, balls over/under thrown or just not thrown at all so he can get drilled yet again.

JT or BM? I expect at the least to be entertained and see some passes that hit people in stride and maybe some semblance of mobility.

Tennessee will win the next three games and go bowling but if Jarrett Guarantano is able to play he will be the starting quarterback. I think the bowl game will be JG's last game at Tennessee before he transfers back home to Rutgers.
To play for Greg Shiano? Hah, JG is sensitive. The guy is just plain mean from what I've heard.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I agree but I also believe people should look into JGs completion percentages in the redzone. The windows to throw are smaller and where he does avoid the INT more time than not he also throws the ball away a lot as well. It's a risk/reward thing.
And who can forget the wide open JJ against Bama that JG misses by a mile!View attachment 236486

JG is far from being great and only rarely has reached "good" status IMO. However at this juncture of the season, heroes are not needed at qb for us to win 2 of the last 3. I would even say a nice workman like outing for 3 straight games gives us a pretty decent chance to win out.

What will insure that we lose 2 out of the 3 is our defense being in terrible fiels position more than 2 or 3 times. Being there once agaisnt UK or Mizzoo could be all that is needed to keep this team from bowl eligible status.

Smart money is on JG to deliver that type of performance before BM or JTS.

Maurer but he's too hurt to get us there. Gotta live with the 5-7 this year and try to forget the worst loss in Tennessee history earlier in the year.

I can’t speak for everyone but I don’t feel you play for the “NOW” with a qb like that. You play for the future. Because the future spells disaster for the rest of the SEC once the game slows down for him.

We have played for the future way too long. It is time to play for NOW and I believe that it what CJP is doing. If he had just given up on the season and played for the future we would have lost to SC and Mississippi State and probably UAB and then all the folks wanting the future would be instead wanting the coaching search to start NOW.

We have played for the future way too long. It is time to play for NOW and I believe that it what CJP is doing. If he had just given up on the season and played for the future we would have lost to SC and Mississippi State and probably UAB and then all the folks wanting the future would be instead wanting the coaching search to start NOW.

If Pruitt had of started maurer from game one, we would only have maybe 1 loss, 3 at the most. Because Maurer would have been a much better qb with the game expierence he would have gained from game expierence in the first 3 games. As for as sc game goes the score widened in our favor when jg was pulled. Miss. st. we had the lead when jg entered the game. uab is not sec team and far from it and jg was only in on 14 offensive points. imo opinion both maurer and shrout are better than jg now. Yes they will have some turnovers, but so does jg. But with game expierence either of the two would lead the team to many more points.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back