Poll, QB to lead the Vols to a Bowl

Which QB do you feel gives the Volsnthe best chance to reach a bowl game this season?

• Total voters

Ty4Vols

Assistant Superintendent, Dorchester
With the news that all 3 QBs are cleared to play let's find out who Volnation believes gives our Vols the best chance to get to a bowl. Make your selection based on how you feel today. We may revisit this after our game against Kentucky depending on the outcome and who sees playing time.

Go Vols

Jauan Jennings

Not in your Poll...What do I WIN??!!
You get to see JJ no matter who starts! Regardless of your pick in the poll you win the ability to see JJ give his all regardless of who gets the majority of the snaps. In reality we all win here but you were first!

Tennessee will win the next three games and go bowling but if Jarrett Guarantano is able to play he will be the starting quarterback. I think the bowl game will be JG's last game at Tennessee before he transfers back home to Rutgers.

I voted JT only because I believe they are cautious with Maurer and not let him play much if any. We have seen JG is Pruitt's chosen one so he will play more than the other two.

I can’t believe JG got a single vote.

Wow.

It makes sense actually.

Everyone always preaches "history" around here. History shows Maurer is likely to get a concussion and not finish. JT may end up being a better QB than JG, but he's not right now.

What is "Wow" worthy is all of the armchair coaches around here thinking they know what's best and everyone that disagrees is stupid. I mean, that's normal for us, but it doesn't negate how stupid it is.

Think what you want about deerpark, but he said Maurer is clear to play but hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn.

I only have info from watching games and what little I get here. I believe whoever the coaches plays in the games gives us the best shot at a bowl.

It makes sense actually.

Everyone always preaches "history" around here. History shows Maurer is likely to get a concussion and not finish. JT may end up being a better QB than JG, but he's not right now.

What is "Wow" worthy is all of the armchair coaches around here thinking they know what's best and everyone that disagrees is stupid. I mean, that's normal for us, but it doesn't negate how stupid it is.

Think what you want about deerpark, but he said Maurer is clear to play but hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn.

I only have info from watching games and what little I get here. I believe whoever the coaches plays in the games gives us the best shot at a bowl.
Do you think the Vols beat GA State with Maurer under center? It's a yes or no question.

It makes sense actually.

I’ll give you that BM is more than likely going to get hurt but I took the question as if all 3 are healthy who is our best option.

You last line, “I believe whoever the coaches plays in the games gives us the best shot at a bowl” is a very convenient way to avoid accidentally criticizing the coaches.

Or you just have absolute faith in them. Regardless, good on ya. I’m sure you’re right.

Its always interesting how people around here jump to so many conclusions.

Behr: I love ice cream, all kinds, but my favorite is just plain Vanilla.

Hillbilly: Why do you hate chocolate? Are you racist? Its a yes or no question? I bet you hate dogs too.

BM is a question mark of health...JG has a hand/wrist injury (non-throwing hand)...JT is a loose cannon...so this isn't the best scenario concerning our QBs...right now, JG looks to be the one we can go to...:D

PS. ATTN: post above subject to change...;)

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE WILDCATS!

I’ll give you that BM is more than likely going to get hurt but I took the question as if all 3 are healthy who is our best option.

You last line, “I believe whoever the coaches plays in the games gives us the best shot at a bowl” is a very convenient way to avoid accidentally criticizing the coaches.

Or you just have absolute faith in them. Regardless, good on ya. I’m sure you’re right.

Sometimes its not so cut and dry. Yea, Id rather have a healthy Maurer the rest of the season. No question.

Its not that I think the coaches are infallible, at all, I just think its ....to be blunt, dumb to be as arrogant as some are when they don't have the info that the coach does. Someone just a few minutes ago said he and a bunch of other people know better than Pruitt right now who will be the best option at QB on Saturday. That's beyond stupid. IMHO.

I believe CJP will play all three, its working right now JT and JG take high risk passes in to double coverage. I can understand a true freshman, but a 3rd year QB should not be taking those...........jmo.

I believe CJP will play all three, its working right now JT and JG take high risk passes in to double coverage. I can understand a true freshman, but a 3rd year QB should not be taking those...........jmo.

I hope Maurer starts, plays lights out the rest of the season and stays healthy throughout our bowl win. Period.

But this is the way I see the Kentucky game going.

Maurer starts, can't hit anything, gets hit and sidelined. JG gets put in and throws an interception. JT goes in and can't get anything going and its 3 and out. JG goes back in leads us to a score, FG or TD and finishes the game.

Sometimes its not so cut and dry. Yea, Id rather have a healthy Maurer the rest of the season. No question.

Its not that I think the coaches are infallible, at all, I just think its ....to be blunt, dumb to be as arrogant as some are when they don't have the info that the coach does. Someone just a few minutes ago said he and a bunch of other people know better than Pruitt right now who will be the best option at QB on Saturday. That's beyond stupid. IMHO.

Some folks do take it too far. Biggest problem with forums but it does make it fun. :)

Hopefully, regardless of who starts, we win the rest of these games by 20+ points each.

Reactions: Pride85 and Behr
I think Pruitt's thinking is pretty clear. He is a defensive coach and thinks like one. The defense is playing very well right now and the main thing he doesn't want to do is give the opponent a short field or an easy score. He must think Maurer and Shrout are more likely to put the defense in a bad spot than JG. So, for him, it's an easy decision to play the guy he feels he can trust even if that means our production will probably be lower.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP and AM64

VN Store

Back