Poll, QB to lead the Vols to a Bowl

Which QB do you feel gives the Volsnthe best chance to reach a bowl game this season?

• Total voters
I think Pruitt's thinking is pretty clear. He is a defensive coach and thinks like one. The defense is playing very well right now and the main thing he doesn't want to do is give the opponent a short field or an easy score. He must think Maurer and Shrout are more likely to put the defense in a bad spot than JG. So, for him, it's an easy decision to play the guy he feels he can trust even if that means our production will probably be lower.

I totally agree with this. That is my impression of them just from watching them play.

I voted JT only because I believe they are cautious with Maurer and not let him play much if any. We have seen JG is Pruitt's chosen one so he will play more than the other two.
I believe you are right. But jg gives us the least chance to win
If maurer starts and even comes close to a turnover he will be pulled but doesnt matter to Pruitt how many mistakes jg makes.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I think Pruitt's thinking is pretty clear. He is a defensive coach and thinks like one. The defense is playing very well right now and the main thing he doesn't want to do is give the opponent a short field or an easy score. He must think Maurer and Shrout are more likely to put the defense in a bad spot than JG. So, for him, it's an easy decision to play the guy he feels he can trust even if that means our production will probably be lower.

I think u are right but I disagree with that decision, we wont be able to score enough with jg in game

It's like people are in an alternate universe. We got the same crap about Will McBride 2 years ago. People always think the backup who they've barely seen must be better.

I think it's probably more they sincerely hope he's better, but you are right. The backup who has never played and the high school recruit are always better. I remember how great JG was going to be at UT when he was still in HS. In all honesty I really miss Dobbs.

The fact that the QB who least embodies Gen Neyland's maxim about protecting the football is leading by such an insanely large margin tells me all i need to know about the football acumen of they typicall VN poster...

Piranha posters...amazing...ly not smart

Tennessee will win the next three games and go bowling but if Jarrett Guarantano is able to play he will be the starting quarterback. I think the bowl game will be JG's last game at Tennessee before he transfers back home to Rutgers.
I think youre wrong...
I would assume that learning a new system for the fourth straight year wouldnt be that appealing to him..

I suppose if CBJ was there it might be a similar enough system that the learning curve would be lessened...but still..2 years under Chaney should improve his performance exponentially

I'm not sure I get this love affair with BM. He has not yet proven that he is as good as some of you want him to be. In the last two games he played in he was 9 / 14 with 3 interceptions. He will cost us points. But whatever, I want to win so I believe we will see multiple QB's in each of the remaining games. I also fully expect that if the game is such that we need a QB to manage the game we'll see JG play the most.

JG is not as bad as some of you make him out to be and BM is not as good as some of you make him out to be. And JT is just not ready - not sure he ever will be.
If you are honest with yourself itā€™s an easy question to answer. Going into the Kentucky game would you be surprised if we lost with him at the controls? I wouldnā€™t be. Heā€™s a freshman. Although his list of needed improvement is shorter than most, what he needs improvement on is critical to winning. But on the flip side, would you be surprised if we blew them out? Again.... I wouldnā€™t be. His skill set is hard to defend. The services classify a qb ā€œpro styleā€ or ā€œDTā€ based on where said qb can do the most damage to a defense, passing or running. BM is a pro style. Which means heā€™s accurate. But as a defense, what do you do when a pro style qb is also one of the fastest players on the field? Give him lanes and he moves the chains. Spy him and thereā€™s one less in coverage. Blitz him and heā€™s got one on one across the board with one of the quickest releases in the SEC. Play coverage and he takes his time in the pocket and picks you apart.

I canā€™t speak for everyone but I donā€™t feel you play for the ā€œNOWā€ with a qb like that. You play for the future. Because the future spells disaster for the rest of the SEC once the game slows down for him.

The fact that the QB who least embodies Gen Neyland's maxim about protecting the football is leading by such an insanely large margin tells me all i need to know about the football acumen of they typicall VN poster...

Piranha posters...amazing...ly not smart
I agree but I also believe people should look into JGs completion percentages in the redzone. The windows to throw are smaller and where he does avoid the INT more time than not he also throws the ball away a lot as well. It's a risk/reward thing.
And who can forget the wide open JJ against Bama that JG misses by a mile!Screenshot_20191105-074509_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: AM64
Its always interesting how people around here jump to so many conclusions.

Behr: I love ice cream, all kinds, but my favorite is just plain Vanilla.

Hillbilly: Why do you hate chocolate? Are you racist? Its a yes or no question? I bet you hate dogs too.

Sounds like someone has been watching Thank You For Smoking

Need a none of the above option on this poll.

It'll be the defense and running game that gets this team to a post season game or not.

Guarantano hasn't shown he can elevate the play of the team, Maurer can't stay healthy, and Pruitt doesn't trust Shrout.

Reactions: Chippo

VN Store

Back