Poll on 2020 NCAAF Season

If The 2020 NCAAF Season Begins, This Will Happen:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
This poll is based entirely on the assumption that the NCAAF agrees to play games this Fall (either full or shortened). If you are convinced that the NCAAF is going to cancel the entire season, than please don't answer the poll, as this is an Optimist's Poll with a touch of reality tossed in. Go Vols!

Most likely a reduced schedule (maybe Conference opponents only) with less than capacity crowds allowed. TV revenues would still be profitable and I'm sure we would all pay to see the games.

I agree. I think this should be a poll option. This seems most likely.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Not every FBS school that starts the season (which will be fewer than 130, assuredly) will end up finishing their season or playing a full twelve-game regular season slate. If it isn't determined prior to September that all schools will be playing conference games only, I guarantee that you'll start seeing some weird eleventh hour swaps with schools that have "lost" opponents scrambling to play one another.

Under "Other" there could be cancellations of specific games due to outbreaks, or the games moved to make up on new dates.

Reduced schedule: 6 conference games in own division. Things will get complicated if there are multiple positive tests the week of a game. Who gets quarantined and who gets to play? I can see players not wanting to play another team that has a lot of players testing positive and in this day of protesting, do a walk-out.

The colleges cannot take the liability of exposing people to the virus. If they cannot fully guarantee their health and safety then they are liable and the lawsuits will explode. No season this year.

Absurd, colleges can never "fully guarantee their health and safety" even if covid-19 disappeared forever. That goes for players, faculty and students.

Probably too soon to tell. I know it isn't quite the same, but WWE have had a rash of infections amongst their wrestlers this week. I think a lot will depend on how baseball goes and other sports opening before NCAA.
Something I've wondered is if the SEC or NCAA gets the final say. What if the NCAA says no football, but the SEC ignores them and plays a conference schedule? Just too many unknowns in this.

Reactions: tbh
I think there will be a 10 game season with 8 SEC games.;) It's unbelievable how many people here are hoping that the 2020 college football season is cancelled!:mad::rolleyes:
Where are you seeing people say they want season cancelled. Just like you they are giving their opinion of what they think will happen.

I have plenty of things on my calendar for the next few months. That does not mean that I have confidence that most of them will happen.

I think it is likely that the NCAA schools will plan as if the season will happen, but I think events between now and the opening of the season will cause dominoes to fall. I would hope that they would postpone the season, and if we do not have a vaccine at least on the horizon by the middle of October, then simply cancel the season.

I voted that there would be no season, but there is some hope that some games will be played, albeit with a greatly reduced fanbase in the stands. There are just too many things that are going to happen in the next three months for me to believe it could go on as planned, all across the country. I am an optimist at heart, but I'm afraid it is simply wishful thinking. Too much liability for the powers that be.

Reactions: njvols
The colleges cannot take the liability of exposing people to the virus. If they cannot fully guarantee their health and safety then they are liable and the lawsuits will explode. No season this year.

They know this but to max out the little revenue that may be generated, they have taken the route of "full expectations" which, is of course, a joke.

But that legal line in the liability sand is marching toward them like a ghost cavalry.

They know that too.

Reactions: esarmstrong
This poll is based entirely on the assumption that the NCAAF agrees to play games this Fall (either full or shortened). If you are convinced that the NCAAF is going to cancel the entire season, than please don't answer the poll, as this is an Optimist's Poll with a touch of reality tossed in. Go Vols!
THE SEASON CANNOT BE CANCELLED BECAUSE THE SCHOOLS CANNOT AFFORD IT!

And if the season is played and athletes die, they won't be able to afford the hundreds of millions they'll have to pay in settling lawsuits.
Athletes die???? Good grief there is virtually ZERO folks that are young or middle aged they have died. You are being so far over the top it's ridiculous. More young people die from pneumonia than covid and that if FACT! Over 99 percent of young and middle aged people either have virus like symptoms and none at all, and that is FACT! So quit acting like young people are dying from this virus. You are full of it. Get your facts straight. God Bless and GBO!

VN Store

Back