Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand people acting like he's a GameStop manager that learned about football playing Madden and lucked into a job. Dude played QB at Oklahoma was Heisman runner-up to Weinke back in 2000--lost by less than 80 votes. I know that doesn't necessarily translate to coaching success (e.g., Weinke), but give the dude a damn break. He was a baller and knows offense.

I'll say this. He made Drew Lock a rock star 2nd round NFL Draft Pick at Mizzu. He made 3* Sam Bradford an Oklahoma legend winning a Heisman and leading OU to the National Championship game.
Heupel can flat out coach QBs and offense.

Funny thing on here about some of y'all. Everyone was pissed about how Chaney sucked, Weinke needs to be fired, we can't move the ball....we just hired the polar opposite of that.

UCFs largest loss margin was against BYU in the bowl game. BYU went 11-1 last season, I think.

UCF offense puts up huge numbers and the 3 regular season losses were for a combined 12 points and lost to Cinci by 3 points.

They were 1 score or 1 stop in each of those 3 season games away from an undefeated regular season

Like people kept screaming at me in 2012, when we were putting up 40+ ppg with Bray, Hunter, and Patterson "thur's no sich thang es a mural victry!!!!"

But it does matter that the games were close.

I wanted something else.
I was hoping for “bigger.”

I wanted someone who can develop......I hear he does......we will see.

I wanted offense.......this is probably as much offense as you can reasonably ask for.

I didn’t want Heupel.......but I’m probably not very good at finding coaches.....in fact I’ve never even done it.

I’m down for now. If he can get Tennessee scoring, get the team to be exciting again, and win some games.......who knows what will happen.

Reactions: Samthebam
I think we’re about to find out how literally incompetent Pruitt was as a HC.

I know that’s low bar, but I believe Heupel will be moderately successful.

At least Heupel will get a quarterback to throw the ball around, and not stick with a Guarantano type for two years past expiration.

Reactions: ButchBettaBeGone
I didn’t vote in the poll. Needed an option for “indifferent”... but it’s nice to see the results are actually closer to even than just complete meltdown.

Reactions: 1Volnation
I'm not happy but I'm not unhappy.

Maybe he was the best that we could have hired under the current circumstance.

I'm happy to give him a chance.

Reactions: BenGrimm
UCFs largest loss margin was against BYU in the bowl game. BYU went 11-1 last season, I think.

UCF offense puts up huge numbers and the 3 regular season losses were for a combined 12 points and lost to Cinci by 3 points.

They were 1 score or 1 stop in each of those 3 season games away from an undefeated regular season
IF this was Tennessee that 3 regular season losses were for a combined 12 points and lost to Cinci by 3 points....these guys would not be complaining because the games were tight.

I am not either one, but I am interested and looking forward to giving him a chance and see what he can do. If he can recruit the level of lineman at the LOS and hire a quality DC I believe he can have success. I think he will make the offense much better and he knows qb's. 2 things you need in the sec is a coach that can develop a qb and recruit the level of athlete at the LOS and have a staff that can develop players. I believe he develop a QB but the key will be can he bring in a staff that can develop players to the sec top level at all positions. I like the fact he is young and talented offensively, but he has to be able to hire a complete staff that can develop across the board. If he does that he will win. GBO!!!!

I'll say this. He made Drew Lock a rock star 2nd round NFL Draft Pick at Mizzu. He made 3* Sam Bradford an Oklahoma legend winning a Heisman and leading OU to the National Championship game.
Heupel can flat out coach QBs and offense.

Funny thing on here about some of y'all. Everyone was pissed about how Chaney sucked, Weinke needs to be fired, we can't move the ball....we just hired the polar opposite of that.

The single read, throw on every 1st down offense hasn't had much success in the SEC. It's become an out scheme the defense and create mismatches game now. This hire is about 5 years too late.

The problem with all of those offenses you mentioned were a lot of 3 and outs, and poor red zone efficiency. Expect to see that here, but hey, if it gets us to Atlanta... I'm down.

The single read, throw on every 1st down offense hasn't had much success in the SEC. It's become an out scheme the defense and create mismatches game now. This hire is about 5 years too late.

The problem with all of those offenses you mentioned were a lot of 3 and outs, and poor red zone efficiency. Expect to see that here, but hey, if it gets us to Atlanta... I'm down.
2020 STATS:

UCF RUSHING OFFENSE
GAMES-10
ATTEMPTS-444
YARDS2107
AVERAGE-4.75
TDs-23
ATT/GAME-44.40
YDS/GAME210.70

UCF PASSING OFFENSE
GAMES-10
ATTEMPTS-415
COMPLETIONS-249
PCT.-60.0
TOTAL YDS-3574
YDS/ATTEMPT-8.6
TDs-32
INTs-4
RATING-155.86
ATT/GAME-41.5
YARDS/GAME-357.4

That is a pretty damn balanced offensive attack.

... we should all hope for the best, while preparing for the worst and being pleasantly surprised when something good comes along.

Reactions: JRich
I am not either one, but I am interested and looking forward to giving him a chance and see what he can do. If he can recruit the level of lineman at the LOS and hire a quality DC I believe he can have success. I think he will make the offense much better and he knows qb's. 2 things you need in the sec is a coach that can develop a qb and recruit the level of athlete at the LOS and have a staff that can develop players. I believe he develop a QB but the key will be can he bring in a staff that can develop players to the sec top level at all positions. I like the fact he is young and talented offensively, but he has to be able to hire a complete staff that can develop across the board. If he does that he will win. GBO!!!!

Well said.

Reactions: Bennessee01
Someone named @TnTroll on Twitter just tweeted to CJH saying, "
@TnTroll69: @coachjoshheupel we’ve got high expectations and a short temper. Don’t f*** it up!
#VolNation #Vols

At worse , if we lose at least we can out some points on the board and have a more exciting brand of ball than the blah offense of the last few years.

I know that's jacked up, and other fanbases are going to pile on as long as they can. We won't be the laughing stock long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back