Poll: Doug Marrone as Head Coach?

Poll: Doug Marrone as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 100 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 472 82.5%

• Total voters
He'd be a disaster. Just like he has been every other place he's coached. Insanity to even consider him with the pool of unemployed coaches currently on the market.
That’s exactly the same thing I was thinking. IF you’re going to go with a pro coach at least get one who is over .500

It's easy to vote "NO" but think about it. Either this guy or Beldar? IMHO I'd almost take a high school coach over Beldar so Marrone would be an upgrade. Not who we want but better than we got, right?
Art Briles is a High School and is available.

It seems he was available 10 years ago. Would have made more sense than Dooley. How much could his buyout from Syracuse have been? At this point I really don’t care. Just want to not be terrible again.

That’s exactly the same thing I was thinking. IF you’re going to go with a pro coach at least get one who is over .500
I’m not crazy about the guy, but, I’m not going to say he can’t coach, that is just stupidity. In a QB driven league, look at the QBs he had to work with. And, he lead Buffalo to their first winning season in 10 years i year 2, along with taking the Jags to the AFC title game in his first full year. He can coach.

We are so screwed. Phlegmatic Phil started this slide 15 years ago, and daggum it, he is workin' like heck to finish it!

Reactions: onevol74
Tennessee deserves a big upgrade. This guy is not. I was......and am, still hopeful for bigger, better and more “college level” proven.

However over the past 13 seasons Tennessee is 78-82. Pruitt has worsened this dumpster fire......by leaps and bounds.

I wish there would be an administration change.....just to start something totally new. I personally love Fulmer. I thought he was a good coach, and I had hoped he would do “better” for the program........he hasn’t, and his time has probably passed him by.

However (again I know) I’m ready for almost “any” change......which “could” lead to better for this program right about now. Don’t get me wrong, hey I’d love to have a “hugh” name coach come and restore this program. I’m just not certain that can/will happen at this point with everything going on.

Therefore I’m ready for Pruitt to be gone......GONE. I’m also ready for some hopefully at least semi “competent” coach to come in, line up a competent staff.......full of “coaches” (instead of recruiters) and at least get Tennessee winning games again, and them competing.

I’m not looking for “best in the East” or anything like that. Sure that would be awesome.......but this is a worse dumpster fire (in my opinion) than years prior. I’m just looking for some stability, wins, improvement......ect.

Hopefully that can lead Tennessee back soon.

I’m also not looking for “years”.....improvement should be immediate.

Reactions: loservol
I’m not crazy about the guy, but, I’m not going to say he can’t coach, that is just stupidity. In a QB driven league, look at the QBs he had to work with. And, he lead Buffalo to their first winning season in 10 years i year 2, along with taking the Jags to the AFC title game in his first full year. He can coach.
I’m not saying he can’t coach, but what evidence is there that he’s a good HEAD coach option?

The guy that turns us around whoever that may be will not be like from the start. When your in the position we are in and have been down as long as we have that just the way it is. We just need a guy whoever that may be that can come in and modernize our offense for me that is the start of the domino effect. So for it me it's not so much about the name as it is about the updating of our offense.

We don’t know what this investigation is revealing. We may have approached several coaches through back channels and they showed no interest due to the environment here. A NFL coach may be the only choice we have, or a lower level coach that wants to ride it out, we just don’t know.

VN Store

Back