POLL: Does last night happen.....

Does last night's crowd outburst happen without alcohol in the stadium?

• Yes, we'd have found something else to throw.

Votes: 53 56.4%
  • No, but only because there was no "ammo" cans.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • No, alcohol and frustration don't mix.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • No, this was a perfect storm scenario of all day tailgating followed by highly questionable officiat

Votes: 36 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TNVOLnTX

Knows who the real UT is
If alcohol was not sold in the stadium? THIS IS NOT a debate on alcohol sales in the stadium. Rather, was it the catalyst for what happened at the game?

Reactions: rojas1187
The more collegiate athletics pursue $, the more volatile situations become while cheapening the experience. This was indeed a "bad look" on TV. I watched it on YouTube and the comments against UT were horrific.

When your cheerleaders, dancers, band members (were told to leave by admin) and students (were forced to leave) all make their way out of the stadium - it's not pretty. It will take a while for UT to scrub this poop juice from its brand.

There were plenty of water bottle and pizza boxes on the field from what I saw. Alcohol wasn’t the only thing being thrown.

I’ve drank in that stadium since I was old enough to go without my parents.

$15 beers didn’t cause this.

While the behavior was unacceptable it is understood. Had it happened early with the bad call on the fumble I think more would support it.

It’s over. It probably won’t happen again. By the time Ol miss comes back Lane won’t be there or can will surely have moved on.

This has been building up since Lane Kiffin got to Ole Miss,
This Game was considered a high octane event
This Game was Promoted, Checker and Fans were sold on making this a Loud noise event
This was a pressured pack for both Teams and fans. One team trying to get back into the fray and the other team trying to prove it belonged in the upper tier.
Kiffin is a troll and He is in Sankey's head
The REF that made the two bad calls, was totally worked by Kiffin the entire game.

This was going to happen no matter What. Alcohol or no alcohol.
Fans were pumped up the entire week.

This happened because the officials stole -- STOLE -- a touchdown from Tennessee. Matt Corral's fancy fake out got sniffed out, we stripped him and ran it back, and the officials came up with a reason it didn't count. No whistle, no justification - the referees took seven points OFF the board on a legitimate play. That set the tone.

If they hadn't done that, I don't think the students would have blown their top. The rest of the game was typical. But those officials did Tennessee dirty on that thievery. Everything after was just a lit fuse burning its way down.

Reactions: rocytop2624
There were a few hundred people out of 100k throwing things. Most of whom would have likely been well fueled regardless of sales in the stadium.

That's a fact. There was never been a VOLS game without a good portion of those in attendance lit the hell up. Beer sales are a drop in the bucket.

There were a few hundred people out of 100k throwing things. Most of whom would have likely been well fueled regardless of sales in the stadium.
Yeah that's liquor or moonshine behavior and a bunch of bad calls a great game after a year of covid all balled up in a perfect storm. It started with Pitt .

Hopefully, there is enough footage to reprimand Kiffin and suspend the players and refs involved

This is why Kiffin does not need to be an SEC Coach. He does not meet the Standard.

Reactions: TNJOKER
I have been hit with debris that was thrown by spectators in more than one stadium/venue. Last night was over the top, but things get thrown at sporting events, concerts, etc. It’s fairly common. The sentiments toward Lane Kiffin had more to do with this episode than alcohol did.

Hopefully, there is enough footage to reprimand Kiffin and suspend the players and refs involved

This is why Kiffin does not need to be an SEC Coach. He does not meet the Standard.

I am really hoping someone was able minded enough to film that. I'm sorry, you don't fake injuries to slow the game. Taunting is one thing but throwing anything into the crowd as a player and the head coach not directly condoning the behavior but not doing anything to stop it is unacceptable. If he was condoning the behavior... Suspension or termination for cause is acceptable at that point.

It takes away from the sport.

VN Store

Back