Point guard

Our point guard tonight (Jordan Walker) had 10 assists, 6 points, 2 rebounds, and a steal against only two turnovers. What needs to be done to be an effective point guard that wasn't done by Jordan Walker tonight in your view?
Make better decisions, the most important thing a point guard is responsible for.

I see you got a "like" from Putbacks, who made three consecutive posts about fingernails during the game. We've been missing all these key elements of the game all these years!

Hey, thanks for observing and keeping score on me! The robust eyelashes….I can roll my eyes at and move on. But the excessively long fingernails can be a physical impediment to effective ball control and offensive efficiency. They can also pose a health risk during play. To me, it’s a no-brainer. We need to remind these ladies that they are attractive without these over-accentuated adornments.

Make better decisions, the most important thing a point guard is responsible for.
What decisions would those be? Sounds like you may have played the point guard position. Would love to hear your take on what decisions you would make if you were in the position.

Mr walker, I understand your love for your daughter but she isn’t a very good point guard

I think it was more about what she didn’t do. She didn’t have a good defensive day. She slowed down momentum. Her missed fast break lay up that turned into an and 1 on the other end. Statistically she had a good game…but it certainly didn’t pass the eye test.

I wondered if the SEC Tournament format might be tough for Walker playing back to back games (even though her minutes were limited against Alabama). She seemed a step slow on defense last night, just noticed her knee brace was (back?) on and wondered if she was playing through any pain.

Hey, thanks for observing and keeping score on me! The robust eyelashes….I can roll my eyes at and move on. But the excessively long fingernails can be a physical impediment to effective ball control and offensive efficiency. They can also pose a health risk during play. To me, it’s a no-brainer. We need to remind these ladies that they are attractive without these over-accentuated adornments.

Personally, I agree with you. And the safety issue you raise is legit. Getting raked across the eyes with those things could be dangerous. As for efficiency, one would think the three female coaches have addressed that.

I would think that there must be some pretty strict rules about that. Surely there are also rules about long braids that can whip around and hit an opponent in the face. I once had a guard who wore a long single braid, and the player who always went up against her in practice every day once told me, "If that thing hits me in the face one more time, I'm gonna grab it and cut it off."

Like getting plonked with a length of hemp rope.

What I don't understand in yesterday's game that the guards showed no urgency in the second half. Beat the 10 seconds, but dribbled aimlessly for another bunch of crucial seconds. Point guard desperately needed.

What does that mean? How is that relevant?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it means they'd be better players if they did not apply makeup or style their hair. We hear that all the time. Female players immediately lose "toughness" points for tending to appearance, bc obviously they can't do both, right? Anyone tell Austin or Boston that? Imagine the players they'd be without the elaborate hair and Austin's pink lipstick!

Do you deduct tough points for the guys who sport some pretty intricate hairdos?

It's a stupid and sexist notion that talent and desire are reduced through oversized eyelashes. 1958 called, it wants its brain back.
Hit a nerve, eh? :rolleyes:

VN Store

Back