Please stop doubting Fulmer

Every time we are looking for a coach or letting a coach go, people on here come out and say Fulmer won't do this or that. He has done everything people said he wouldn't. We need to look to the future now and stop dwelling on the schools past mistakes. GO VOLS! VFL!
Can you do me a single instance where everyone on the internet agreed on a topic? Just one?

I don't know. After hiring Kevin Steele, pissing off Pruitt because he's too involved, forcing a cheap OC down our throats, and letting Barnes go because he's not dedicated to basketball...

Yeah... Fulmer for president baby!

Reactions: dduncan4163
It’s funny, I saw a post from “journalist” the just a couple of days ago about how hiring Fulmer was a huge mistake (maybe Wolken, don’t remember). I think the UT administration hasn’t made a better decision in a long time

Is the KJH hire supposed to impress VN?

Actually I won't be critical of that. It'd be stupid to pay $2mm/year for a women's basketball coach. ADs are supposed to manage the budgets as well.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It's tough to find reasons to be critical of Fulmer at this point. I think he's been exactly what our athletic department needed and I couldn't be happier about it.
Hiring Kelly Harper will be a tough storm to weather unless she completely reinvents herself.

Yeah, kinda tough to doubt a guy who had two losing records in his last four years as a football coach that nobody else wanted who was only given a small role in the University to passify a large booster then made AD by someone who was gasping at straws to save her job and then made permanent AD just to get the drama over with.

Sorry for my lack of commas on this post!

I'm cheering for Kelly,and happy Barnes is back.Maybe we can have some stability in the AD for a spell. I'm really wanting to see how KJH can do with recruiting,and coaching! Will she retain any of the current staff?

There are just some who dislike CPF, whether it's for the unusual way he acquired the head coaching position or whatever. Some just can't get over their angst of him. I'm glad he stepped into the AD role.

Phil has shown himself to be a absolute first rate AD at this point. I'm not completely sold on harper but I think its what he had to do. The die hard Lady Vol group would have never in a million years supported hiring a male nor someone outside of pat's tree. The die hard group are the ones who kick in the big contributions.

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.
Exactamundo Amigo. Phil is to be trusted by VN however, our previously failed culture of losing has too many of us very much trained to be fatalists. The sky has fallen Auntie Em, but Phil is fixing it and doing a GREAT job!

BTW, welcome back Holly and Mr. Barnes!

I think most of the distrust results from a lack of understanding of the day to day operations of an AD. The position has never been one that requires a great deal of legal training or financial experience beyond common sense (the university has those people in place). Phil has the people skills along with an exceptional understanding of what UT needs and its fans want (within reason of course I mean there was probably a segment of the fan base that thought we could hire the ND, Baylor, UConn :eek: etc coaches) to be an excellent AD. So let the doubters doubt and the screamers scream and lets plow forward. JMO of course.

VN Store

Back