Please Quit Hating on CBP!!!!!!!

volsgrad89

Let the mediocrity end!!!
I agree with all of those who support Bruce!!!!!!! Bruce has raised all the fans expectations. We are talking about a down year when UT won the SEC East and 21 games. UT beat USC on the court. Therefore, UT should have been outright SEC East Champs!!!

I love his enthusiasm. I love the fact that he bought Tshirts for the students. Ticket sales have gone through the roof. Bruce has put a lot of life into what once was a flat program!!! UT has went to the NCAATournament all four years under Pearl !!!!!!! Yet, several want to bash Bruce. Anyone hating on Bruce is definitely ignorant, including Hat!!!

My only problems with Bruce are:

1) Maybe he conditions the team a little too hard before the SEC and NCAA Tournaments. The players seem to be out of gas and a little flat at the end of the year during the SEC and NCAA Tournaments. Regardless of the reason, the team must perform better in the post season!!!

2) Bruce needs to have a better record against UK!!!

3) I feel Bruce should recruit Gs that can shoot lights out consistently and a C like Joakim Noah who runs the floor to fit Bruce's style.

Bruce has owned the SEC East with the exception of UK. Donovan has had more talent at UF than Bruce at UT Bruce's entire career at UT. What is Bruce's record versus UF? It is 7-1, including 3-1 the years the Gators won two National Titles!!!

What has Bruce done at UT? He has lead UT to 3 East Div Titles, 1 East Div 2nd place, with 1 outright SEC Title in 4 years. Bruce is arguably our best basketball HC ever. Ray's teams won 71.3% of the games at UT, 70.5% in SEC. Bruce's teams have played a tougher out of conference schedule and won 72.6% of the games, 69% in SEC ( 76.2% vs SEC East ) !!! And, Bruce has lead the team to two Sweet Sixteens in only four years. So, you guys need to layoff of Bruce!!! Bruce has done a great job at UT thus far!!!

Tennessee (Southeastern Conference) (2005–Present)
2005-06 Tennessee 22-8 12-4 1 - East NCAA 2nd Round
2006-07 Tennessee 24-11 10-6 2 - East NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2007-08 Tennessee 31-5 14-2 1 - East NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2008-09 Tennessee 21-13 10-6 T 1 - East NCAA 1st Round
Tennessee: 98-37 46-18 SEC Regular Season 49-22 Overall
Total: 184-75

SEC record at Tennessee SEC School Wins Losses
Alabama 3 2
Arkansas 3 2
Auburn 3 2
Florida 7 1
Georgia 8 0
Kentucky 3 5
LSU 2 3
Mississippi 2 2
Mississippi State 4 1
South Carolina 8 2
Vanderbilt 6 2
TOTAL
(As of March 15, 2009)
49 22
Sec Tournament Record 3 4

Last edited:
i am as big a bruce fan as there is, but you also have to realize that his style of play isnt getting us to the final four. his system thrives off of energy and hustle, and he goes for those types of players. i probably sound vague, but what i am saying is, look at calipari. he takes amazing talents and gets far. it's not like bruce can't get those players,he just doesn't recruit them. the team play is fun to watch, but it's also a sweet-16 bound system

SEC record at Tennessee SEC School Wins Losses
Alabama 3 2
Arkansas 3 2
Auburn 3 2
Florida 7 1
Georgia 8 0
Kentucky 3 5 <-------
LSU 2 3
Mississippi 2 2
Mississippi State 4 1
South Carolina 8 2
Vanderbilt 6 2

That record is going to get much worse.

Reading this title reminds of that image of that thing crying about people picking on Britney Spears. I guess we're all lucky he performs for us. Leave Bruce ALONE!!!!!bla bla bla blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i am as big a bruce fan as there is, but you also have to realize that his style of play isnt getting us to the final four. his system thrives off of energy and hustle, and he goes for those types of players. i probably sound vague, but what i am saying is, look at calipari. he takes amazing talents and gets far. it's not like bruce can't get those players,he just doesn't recruit them. the team play is fun to watch, but it's also a sweet-16 bound system

I disagree. Tennessee lost by one or two points in the Sweet 16 to NC runner up Ohio State. Unfortunately Tennessee couldn't beat the refs also. A 20 point lead was dwindled away because NCAA wanted Greg Oden to go farther than the Sweet 16. I probably sound like a whiner but if you watched that game, everything Tennessee did in the second half was a foul and Ohio State wasn't called for anything. It was pretty terrible officiating. The problem with last years team was that they didn't have senior leadership. That and the refs managed to screw Tennessee again.... in the SEC Championship that is. The reffing for the Oklahoma St. game was bad both ways. The SEC Championship though... the SEC just wanted to make sure a third team got in. I saw fans of teams in other conferences posting about how bad the officiating was. Varnado's blocks were always clean and Tennessee's blocks were always foul. The problem was that half of Varnado's blocks were actually fouls and half of Tennessee's fouls were actually blocks. Anyways.... that got off topic from your comment on Pearl's system not being able to get to the final four. I think it can because they pry would have made it there had the refs not assisted Oden and Co. in their comeback.

I disagree. Tennessee lost by one or two points in the Sweet 16 to NC runner up Ohio State. Unfortunately Tennessee couldn't beat the refs also. A 20 point lead was dwindled away because NCAA wanted Greg Oden to go farther than the Sweet 16. I probably sound like a whiner but if you watched that game, everything Tennessee did in the second half was a foul and Ohio State wasn't called for anything. It was pretty terrible officiating. The problem with last years team was that they didn't have senior leadership. That and the refs managed to screw Tennessee again.... in the SEC Championship that is. The reffing for the Oklahoma St. game was bad both ways. The SEC Championship though... the SEC just wanted to make sure a third team got in. I saw fans of teams in other conferences posting about how bad the officiating was. Varnado's blocks were always clean and Tennessee's blocks were always foul. The problem was that half of Varnado's blocks were actually fouls and half of Tennessee's fouls were actually blocks. Anyways.... that got off topic from your comment on Pearl's system not being able to get to the final four. I think it can because they pry would have made it there had the refs not assisted Oden and Co. in their comeback.
Your little conspiracy theories are retarded.
Absolute lunacy to blame a 20 point comeback on refs.

Everything Tennessee did was a foul because Ohio St actually played in the paint. 20 point leads dwindle when all you do is jack 3's. You hardly ever get fouled that far out, which leads to no FTs and very quick possessions.

I might have been drunk, but I swear that one rim was loose in that game. The amount of balls that rattled hard out of that one rim, for both teams, was ludicrous. I will also blame Ramar for being Ramar, a f****** imbecile.

I might have been drunk, but I swear that one rim was loose in that game. The amount of balls that rattled hard out of that one rim, for both teams, was ludicrous. I will also blame Ramar for being Ramar, a f****** imbecile.

Ramar Smith was a solid PG. Much better than what we have now.

Ramar was mediocre on the offensive end. His ability to drive to the hoop was nice, but he wasn't great at kicking it out or finishing. His defense was definitely a step up than Mr Maze.

Ramar could bring it up the court, after that, I'd rather him just watch from the sidelines. I'd take Maze anyday over Ramar.

Ramar could bring it up the court, after that, I'd rather him just watch from the sidelines. I'd take Maze anyday over Ramar.
Thus proving why nobody should listen to anything you have to say about basketball. Stick to crying about what UT's record was during your "four years of college."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Your little conspiracy theories are retarded.
Absolute lunacy to blame a 20 point comeback on refs.

Um... sure because it's lunacy that a team got back in the game when the clock was constantly stopped and they were shooting free points... What's dumb is you acting like a jerk to a fellow fan. How about you go out to a bar and tell someone how "retarded" they sound. See what happens bud. But yeah...

I guess thinking games are rigged is stupid considering the head official in the NBA was rigging games. Lakers-Kings series. Lakers shot like 40-20 free throws in the games they won. Guess who the head official was? Dwayne Wade averaging 18 free throws a game in the finals(tons of phantom fouls). Guess who the head official was? Even back up players on Tulane got starters to buy into rigging games they had bet on.

If you don't believe it's a possible that the refs were rigging games then you are truly naive. But yeah...

Go ahead and insult people. That's what all the awesome educated people do! Unfortunately it's really low class and uneducated to refer to something as "retarded".

Last edited:

VN Store

Back