Please help! I'm worried about our recruiting

yes the score is what matters and LSU won AND they whipped the Vols up and down the field
I understand that LSU beat us, but the fact that they beat us up and down the field matters not. Had Morley's arm been a few inches longer he would have knocked down the pass on forth and 8 or 9 and we would have won the game. If you get "whipped up and down the field" and still come out with the W, it is still a W.

no, you are, we were only in the game because of LSU mistakes. Can you count on every good football team we play to make mistakes? Is that how you measure the Vols playing championship caliber football? So we have to be dependent on the other team's boneheaded plays to be competitive?

another thing, that manhandling in not going to solve itself overnight, get used to being pushed around by the elite in the SEC

rated anywhere from #1 to #3 in recruiting in 2005 while UGA, Fla & LSU were not even ranked in top 10 in 2005. Not that it really matters because its what the recruits do once they hit the field in college that matters.

the only place that Fla has more talent in on the defensive. Tennessee is as talented or more talented than Fla everywhere else. Let's see what the gators do next season when the majority of their defense leaves.

We are already number 10 on Rivals and we can do nothing but go up. We will have a top 5 class this year.

No Doubt in my mind.

not bad, but our class really hinges on Donald, Berry, Austin, Barksdale, the Hawaiian kid, etc

Barksdale is out of the picture. He has not mentioned UT if quite some time.

Add Donald, Berry, Cooper, Walker, and "Hawiian DT" and our class will be top 5 without a doubt. The reason I point out those in particular is because I think our chances with each one of those players is very very good. A wildcard like Austin would throw us into a top 3 class. That would be great but obviously I am not expecting a commitment from Austin. His recruitment is tough to read right now but we are certainly in position to have a shot with him come signing day.

just reading your post makes me feel better about our prospects on signing day, how many of those guys are going to announce at the Army AA game?

We have a number of commits and prospects playing in the new Rivals All-American game. Lennon Creer still mentions UT, Oklahoma, and Georgia as his Top 3. He says he might announce at the Rivals All-American game. So we might end up with a couple commits out of that game.

Donald Langley and Darris Sawtelle are commits that are on the roster to be there. And Lennon Creer, Braondon Paul, Rolando Melancon, and Kaniela Tuipulotu are prospects that are on the roster to be there. The roster is not done yet either, so there might be more. Hopefull those players will mix with each other and discuss the opportunity to play together at UT. Could be like the Army All-American game a couple years ago when we got a good number of commitments on game day.

It's funny how alot of ya'll act like we are going down the toilet because we aren't in the top 3 recruiting every year, but here is the thing. This is typical Fulmer. We never have great recruiting years back to back. We have one great year, then a couple decent years, then a great year, and so forth. We aren't USC.

i don't think that helps the pro-fulmer argument.... not sure you were trying to either though

We have a number of commits and prospects playing in the new Rivals All-American game. Lennon Creer still mentions UT, Oklahoma, and Georgia as his Top 3. He says he might announce at the Rivals All-American game. So we might end up with a couple commits out of that game.

Donald Langley and Darris Sawtelle are commits that are on the roster to be there. And Lennon Creer, Braondon Paul, Rolando Melancon, and Kaniela Tuipulotu are prospects that are on the roster to be there. The roster is not done yet either, so there might be more. Hopefull those players will mix with each other and discuss the opportunity to play together at UT. Could be like the Army All-American game a couple years ago when we got a good number of commitments on game day.

let's hope that as they meet one another that one player who has already committed to us will emerge and not be scared to strong arm some guys, I was impressed that Clausen after committing to ND got on the phone to call other blue chip recruits and encourage them to head to south bend. Although why anyone would subject themselves to four years of ugly women and frigid weather is beyond me.

Although why anyone would subject themselves to four years of ugly women and frigid weather is beyond me.

Ain't that the truth . . . I guess I understand if you are Catholic or have just always loved ND, but otherwise why would you choose that?

We have a number of commits and prospects playing in the new Rivals All-American game. Lennon Creer still mentions UT, Oklahoma, and Georgia as his Top 3. He says he might announce at the Rivals All-American game. So we might end up with a couple commits out of that game. quote]

When is the Rivals All-American game?

plus you get the added bonus of playing in equalivent of a beat down high school stadium, I dont care about the history, it's still crappy

VN Store

Back