Playstation Days of Play 2020

Hah! Yep, going to be expensive and not worth it for a few years. PCIe 4.0 just came out and, with how computer hardware is, it will take quite a while for their prices to go down.
That's what I'm afraid of. Hopefully the PS5 using it will drive the market to produce more of them and get the price down faster. But it's going be expensive for a while.

Speaking of the SSD in PS5...

I am so looking forward to this! I dont think I quite understood what devs were saying about the SSD in the PS5 and it's importance. However this game perfecfly illustrates it. When I saw this running I was like "ok, yeah I get it now".

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I would not be surprised if those end up being the true prices. Remember Sony initially took a loss on console sales this past gen and it ended up working perfectly for them. I think they have learned their lesson from thr PS3.
Yep, use the console as a loss leader. Getting people in the door is the key.

Yep, use the console as a loss leader. Getting people in the door is the key.

Especially the all digital model. Think about it. If you own an all digital PS5, every single purchase you make will be through the PlayStation Store, which means more profit for Sony as that's one less copy of a game that has to be printed on disk, packaged, shipped to retailers, and sold with a percentage going to that retailer. That's why I think Sony will be willing to take a greater loss on every diskless PS5 than they will on the model with the 4K drive. I went all digital this generation so upgrading to the all digital PS5 is a no-brainer for me.

VN Store

Back