Playing at TD Ameritrade - Home Runs

We won’t hit as many as we do in LNS but we’ve shown we don’t have to rely on the long ball to score runs.

I actually think TD Ameritrade is an advantage for our pitchers. We have a propensity to give up homers.

This.

Omaha plays totally different than Vols park. Wind blows in about 20-30 mph,,, most HR in Knoxville will be easy pop-flies out in Omaha... don't care about the Omaha dimensions of ballpark..HR are hit to left & right field not center field.. I have been to Omaha & have watch the wind play a major factor in the game !!!!
we hit the gaps with the same exit speed and launch angle, and they will be doubles and triples

Save the testosterone boys. Vols will not be hitting a lot of dingers there.

Games will be more in the 5-3 and 6-4 range with few bombs.

Gonna take pitching, speed, and defense to win out there.

Seems like we will be playing with round balls, aluminum bats, and leather gloves in Omaha, next week. How do you think that could affect Tennessee in its 60th-some odd game of the season?

Tennessee is doomed in Omaha because this team is stuck in the past, still playing baseball like it was played nearly 50 years ago.
--kittycartilage

The park will giveth and the park will taketh away.

It's effects will be the same on everyone and you have to work it to the best of the teams ability. That is what coaching is all about.

They said the same about Hoover…

Hoover Met Dimensions
Left Field: 340 ft
Left-Center: 385 ft
Center Field: 405 ft
Right-Center: 385 ft
Right Field: 340 ft

TD Ameritrade Dimensions
Left Line – 335 ft
Left Center – 375 ft
Center Field – 408 ft
Right Center – 375 ft
Right Line – 335 ft

I personally think this stadium plays into our favor for 3 reasons.

1.) pitching
2.) Outfield Defense (they are way under rated ) they catch a lot of balls that others don't
3) Power - NOT many cheap home runs (we hit BOMBS)

I think it will play a lot like Hoover....just my opinion....

still say We win all........

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: txbo
Tennessee struggled to get hits with 2 outs and runners on base, a single scores a runner from second, dug too big of a hole to get out of in a college world series game

VN Store

Back