Players Reading to Elementary Kids at Westhaven Elementary (Trey Smith, Tanner Dobrucky and Parker Ball)

jps2194

Vol for Life
My wife is a special education teacher at Westhaven Elementary and she was able to coordinate Trey Smith, Tanner Dobrucky and Parker Ball to come to their school and read to the students. This is part of the Read Across America initiative and its so cool the players came to support this.

We personally know Tanner and he was gracious enough to come and bring along Trey and Parker. The kids absolutely loved this and it gives them someone to look up to as many come from broken homes or poor living conditions.

Tanner, Trey and Parker - thank you guys so much for taking time away from preparing for Spring practice and school and making an impact on our community and these kids.

Trey Smith Reading to Students.jpegPlayers and Students.jpeg

My wife is a special education teacher at Westhaven Elementary and she was able to coordinate Trey Smith, Tanner Dobrucky and Parker Ball to come to their school and read to the students. This is part of the Read Across America initiative and its so cool the players came to support this.

We personally know Tanner and he was gracious enough to come and bring along Trey and Parker. The kids absolutely loved this and it gives them someone to look up to as many come from broken homes or poor living conditions.

Tanner, Trey and Parker - thank you guys so much for taking time away from preparing for Spring practice and school and making an impact on our community and these kids.

View attachment 264953View attachment 264954
Fulkerson was involved in Read Across America also. Great stuff.

Sorry, who was reading to who??

My wife is a special education teacher at Westhaven Elementary and she was able to coordinate Trey Smith, Tanner Dobrucky and Parker Ball to come to their school and read to the students. This is part of the Read Across America initiative and its so cool the players came to support this./QUOTE]

I think he has a reading comprehension problem....
nah, i think he was just trying to be funny playing on the old trope that college athletes can't read...

With all of the negativity and frustration with the state of our football program, I thought I would bring this back to top of stack as it was posted during the offseason. Kudos to Trey Smith, Tanner Dobrucky and Parker Ball for taking time to read to a group of students at Westhaven Elementary school. My wife reached out to invite them and they graciously made time for her students.

We saw the story on Trey on the Pruitt show this weekend and my wife commented what a special young man Trey is and what a wonderful heart he has. Same goes for Tanner and Parker.

Awkward moment, perhaps, when the kids stood up for the pledge of allegiance And Trey didnt?

Last edited:
Reactions: FLVOL_79
No offense to the players but this kind of stuff doesn't exactly warm my heart. So you read a book to some kids. Great. You'll get some e-cred and maybe a girl you've got a crush on will be impressed. Good work. There's certainly worse ways to spend your time. Now if you really want to make an impact, go to the neighborhood court every week and find a few young men to invest in on a regular, consistent basis. Be a father figure for those who don't have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense to the players but this kind of stuff doesn't exactly warm my heart. So you read a book to some kids. Great. You'll get some e-cred and maybe a girl you've got a crush on will be impressed. Good work. There's certainly worse ways to spend your time. Now if you really want to make an impact, go to the neighborhood court at every week and find a few young men to invest in on a regular, consistent basis. Be a father figure for those who don't have one.

Dumb post. That is all.

No offense to the players but this kind of stuff doesn't exactly warm my heart. So you read a book to some kids. Great. You'll get some e-cred and maybe a girl you've got a crush on will be impressed. Good work. There's certainly worse ways to spend your time. Now if you really want to make an impact, go to the neighborhood court every week and find a few young men to invest in on a regular, consistent basis. Be a father figure for those who don't have one.
Well, you have to start somewhere and not every player would do this so kudos to them again.

JFC people....get a f'ing grip on life.

Reactions: Vol49er
Well hey at least they are trying to give back even if its not adding up on the field. On a side note. That Ball kids mom is pretty hot. So he is two for two this week.

VN Store

Back