Players Arrested (Old news)

Prove that most "want to say" that. Maybe you want to say that and want to believe that others compromise their integrity just as easily as you?
You tend to get very emotional over nonsense, if I’m being honest.
GBO!!

Reactions: hog88
Prove that most "want to say" that. Maybe you want to say that and want to believe that others compromise their integrity just as easily as you?
And, FYI, the reason I wouldn’t say something like that is because I do have integrity and I do value high character players. Have I thought it before? Sure. Do I want to be the Miami Hurricanes of the 80’s? No.
GBO!!

Reactions: sjt18
No.

Not even knowing how negative a crowd this can be, not even with that knowledge do I believe the majority here have so little integrity.

Nope. Just a (hopefully small) minority.
Fair enough, maybe I should’ve worded it differently? Rather than saying “what MOST want to say”, I should’ve said “what SOME want to say.”
GBO!!

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I redact the without harm bit because inhaling any smoke is not good for your lungs....however, how many people have smoked weed and still are professional athletes? Most decorated Olympian of all time ring a bell? (In a cardiovascular sport)

Should weed be legal? Probably. Fact is right now it’s not. So it’s pretty easy just to not smoke weed.

Did you not realize that buying your recreational drug of choice simply enriches gangs, cartels, and drug dealers? You do not live in a vacuum. Your choices have a ripple affect throughout society. This is your example of weed hurting someone. Or ask the families of gang violence in Knoxville.

What if you grow your own?

Did you not realize that buying your recreational drug of choice simply enriches gangs, cartels, and drug dealers? You do not live in a vacuum. Your choices have a ripple affect throughout society. This is your example of weed hurting someone. Or ask the families of gang violence in Knoxville.
The flip side of the argument is that it is the criminalization of drugs which creates the gangs and cartels who traffic at great profit what are essentially worthless agricultural and chemical products. Criminalization also creates the incentive for violence and increases property crimes as junkies struggle to fund their addiction to artificially inflated commodities. It creates unnecessary antipathy between our law enforcement servants and large segments of our population. It creates a criminal class who face restricted job opportunities. Unfortunately, the one thing criminalization hasn’t done in its 100 year history is to eliminate drug consumption.

Reactions: Danl and VolNExile
The flip side of the argument is that it is the criminalization of drugs which creates the gangs and cartels who traffic at great profit what are essentially worthless agricultural and chemical products. Criminalization also creates the incentive for violence and increases property crimes as junkies struggle to fund their addiction to artificially inflated commodities. It creates unnecessary antipathy between our law enforcement servants and large segments of our population. It creates a criminal class who face restricted job opportunities. Unfortunately, the one thing criminalization hasn’t done in its 100 year history is to eliminate drug consumption.
There is no flipside. Doing dope is an option you can live without.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The problem has been that for years and years, greed has corrupted most of the decision makers and police departments thereby allowing this mess to continue. From the Judges all down the line, drugs are the problem, just like alcohol was back in in the 1920s. Greed is still the root of Evil.

Then someone will find out and rob you for it. It is part of the culture.
Good grief, man. You have taken the propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Most recreational smokers get weed through close friends who get it through people they know personally or they grow it themselves. It's not nearly as scary and sinister as you make it out to be. I personally wish it was legal. But not because it is scary or dangerous to get it now. I just wish it was legal so I could go to dispensaries and have choices instead of being limited to what my buddy has now.

You are making the assumption that all drugs come from gangs and cartels. I smoke and it's legal in TN as long as the THC % is legal which my supplier is...he has three branches in Chattanooga and is expanding. Grows it all himself and helps HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of people in the city with anxiety, pain, sleep, etc... Don't get me started on how the drug shouldn't even be illegal. Regulate it properly and it is safer than alcohol and can make a crap ton of tax revenue.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
There is no flipside. Doing dope is an option you can live without.
There is a flip side...lol Canada has legal weed and doesn't just throw you in jail if you make the dumb choice to try harder drugs like heroin and what not. They have facilities to help you taper off the drugs successfully. They have less ODs, Incarcerations, violence, and deaths from drugs by percentage (not just total numbers)...but please go on
with the misinformed notion that there is no flipside. Do you drink beer? If you do, that's worse for you than clean and regulated weed...

Last edited:
Good grief, man. You have taken the propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Most recreational smokers get weed through close friends who get it through people they know personally or they grow it themselves. It's not nearly as scary and sinister as you make it out to be. I personally wish it was legal. But not because it is scary or dangerous to get it now. I just wish it was legal so I could go to dispensaries and have choices instead of being limited to what my buddy has now.
I get what you are saying but...
In my younger days, where I grew up, there were some pretty shady dudes in some pretty scary places. There were a few times I was extremely nervous.😬
Of course that was 25 years ago.
GBO!!

Reactions: dbarker

Congrats on making the most accurate argument for legalization that exists.

There is a flip side...lol Canada has legal weed and doesn't just throw you in jail if you make the dumb choice to try harder drugs like heroin and what not. They have facilities to help you taper off the drugs successfully. They have less ODs, Incarcerations, violence, and deaths from drugs...but please go on how with the misinformed notion that their is no flipside. Do you drink beer? If you do, that's worse for you than clean and regulated weed...
Personally, I have no problem with weed. I haven’t touched it in probably 20 years or more. With that said, I can’t fault someone for arguing against it either.
GBO!!

I get what you are saying but...
In my younger days, where I grew up, there were some pretty shady dudes in some pretty scary places. There were a few times I was extremely nervous.😬
Of course that was 25 years ago.
GBO!!
There are definitely shady people involved. I recommend never buying from them because you can't be sure what they are selling you. However that goes for anything. If you are going to buy medicine, a lawnmower, weed etc on craigslist or Facebook marketplace, do your research before hand. No reason to have what happened to Majors grandchild. That kind of stuff wouldn't happen either if we legalized and regulated it. Same with prohibition. People started making alcohol in bathtubs and didnt sterilize the stuff. You had violence from smugglers and no quality control to make sure the product was safe for the public.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Personally, I have no problem with weed. I haven’t touched it in probably 20 years or more. With that said, I can’t fault someone for arguing against it either.
GBO!!
I am 100% AGAINST illegal and unregulated weed. I only started using it when my buddy started his company. He follows legal guidelines and grows it all himself. I'm not a fan of buying it from billy on the corner or a friend of a friend of a friend. That's just asking for trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
And the option athletes should choose if they are committed to the team and winning.
Like I said previously, I haven’t touched the stuff in probably 20+ years but when I was young, it did make me awful d@mn lazy!😎
I couldn’t imagine smoking and then wanting to go work out or go to practice.
I’d probably just want to chill in my dorm, play PS5 and eat little debbies.
GBO!!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I am 100% AGAINST unlegal and unregulated weed. I only started using it when my buddy started his company. He follows legal guidelines and grows it all himself. I'm not a fan of buying it from billy on the corner or a friend of a friend of a friend. That's just asking for trouble.
The friend of a friend of a friend usually just had some “old dirt weed” anyway.😂
GBO!!

Agreed 😂 best to do it in off-season or when you have nothing important to do the next day. If it's training camp or game week, leave that junk out of your diet. It's not worth it. Y'all ever see the report from the famous Michigan vs App State game? Players smoked the night before and some were still feeling it during the game. A player broke their silence like 5-10 years after it happened.

And, FYI, the reason I wouldn’t say something like that is because I do have integrity and I do value high character players. Have I thought it before? Sure. Do I want to be the Miami Hurricanes of the 80’s? No.
GBO!!
Sorry for being so terse with you. I am just getting more sharp edged on this notion that cheating happens so we should just accept cheating.

What if part of UT's inability to rise back up is nothing less than other programs being better at cheating? I think there needs to be something legal and binding either in the SEC or NCAA that puts real teeth into punishment. Maybe a financial penalty. Maybe even requiring states with participating programs to create a standard law punishing people who illegally pay college athletes.

After that if there needs to be discussion on increasing the player stipend then that is a conversation to be had.

But for the sake of competition... everyone should abide by the same rules.

VN Store

Back