Players Arrested (Old news)

I tell you this, the majority of Alabama players in the program under Saban’s tenure had integrity. Saban demands excellence and committment and that is what we need to do.
That may be true. But Saban also controls all information about the program and releases only the info to the media he deems necessary. He controls the image of the program over the university and the media. There is a reason no reporter in Alabama would write a negative article about Bama.

I don’t care about their integrity, it would be great if the team was full of high character guys but winning is what is important.
Your not going to win with a bunch of guys that don't care nothing about themselves. Integrity is very important, kids make mistakes even good kids but we don't need thugs that try to rob somebody the day they get to campus. This type of thing happens everywhere and anywhere from time to time, and while some things don't deserve the boot right off the bat if you are robbing and stealing you don't deserve a scholarship to begin with. Now if it wasn't a robbery or theft and just weed, suspension may be the best route but even there situations and the number of times a person has been involved come into play and only the coaches know that so it's them and the administrations job to figure them out. I am a believer in second chances but there can be things that happen that may require your second chance be at another school. But to the point of character and integrity there are lines that if crossed should get you sent home. If your winning championships most of your team is committed. Low integrity guys don't bring teams together with the goal of championships or the work required to get there. GBO!!!!!

Last edited:
I don’t care about their integrity, it would be great if the team was full of high character guys but winning is what is important.
That's an extremely sad commentary on your own character. Who can trust you if that's your view on integrity?

Ultimately lack of integrity leads to failure. It destroys trust between people. Again, the two are not mutually exclusive but rather mutually supportive.

That's an extremely sad commentary on your own character. Who can trust you if that's your view on integrity?

Ultimately lack of integrity leads to failure. It destroys trust between people. Again, the two are not mutually exclusive but rather mutually supportive.

You have a point but only a small one. The players need to trust that each will do their jobs on the field and give every play their all. Beyond that I doubt they GAS if their teammates are smoking dope.

We’re also taking about college football and not the real world.

You have a point but only a small one. The players need to trust that each will do their jobs on the field and give every play their all. Beyond that I doubt they GAS if their teammates are smoking dope.
I wasn't talking about smoking dope particularly. I was talking about the larger issue of integrity. I wasn't in the room when CJH asked them what happened. Integrity... would be telling the truth even if it involved risks. Hopefully Heupel is a guy who tries to reward integrity rather than making it costly. I am sure that punishment is expected. If it is the "lop off their heads" variety that some want then others will not be encouraged to exhibit intergrity.

We’re also taking about college football and not the real world.
College football is in the real world last time I checked. Integrity matters everywhere. We do way too much "well that's just college football" or "that's just how politics are."

Last edited:
The funniest thing about all of this is, if we were making the playoffs, everybody on here would say we are being harassed by haters!

The funniest thing about all of this is, if we were making the playoffs, everybody on here would say we are being harassed by haters!
Do you really think "everybody" would?

I like to win. My wife says I'm a bad loser and bad winner. I've never gotten used to losing and hope I never do. But doing the right thing even when there is a cost... is a greater goal than winning a game.

Do you really think "everybody" would?

I like to win. My wife says I'm a bad loser and bad winner. I've never gotten used to losing and hope I never do. But doing the right thing even when there is a cost... is a greater goal than winning a game.
Yes sir! You just described integrity.

No matter if you are for or against pot, as long as it is illegal then it is illegal. When/if it is made legal then there will be no problem with it. Illegal is Illegal whether you agree with it or not. I haven't tried the stuff since the mid 70's and since it is still illegal then I still will not try it. When it becomes legal, then I may burn one.
Legal...
7a37c9b114371a602254294f528e0654.jpg

I'm not hard-over on the weed issue itself, but smoking does not improve on-field performance.

Well, if they are puffing up a couple packs a day of Marlboro's, it doesn't. But if weed does help with inflammation and it does calm them down, a couple of doobies a day might be less damaging to performance and less addictive than what the pharmaceutical companies are pushing nowadays. (Note: I am sure someone with a medical background is gonna dispute that. Gotta back your industry, I guess)

Reactions: manUTe__VOL
That may be true. But Saban also controls all information about the program and releases only the info to the media he deems necessary. He controls the image of the program over the university and the media. There is a reason no reporter in Alabama would write a negative article about Bama.
and that]s the truth, and its gotten worse'
he practicd that craft with the louisiana media
bama media has been soft for as long as i can remember

Why is it too much to ask these guys just not do drugs?
Okay then, the 1950s called....they want their hypocrisy back.

Find me any example of how smoking weed hurts anyone? Spoiler alert, you can’t use the black market as an example bc a black market wouldn’t exist if it were ~legal~

Why do people cough when they smoke weed?
I redact the without harm bit because inhaling any smoke is not good for your lungs....however, how many people have smoked weed and still are professional athletes? Most decorated Olympian of all time ring a bell? (In a cardiovascular sport)

I redact the without harm bit because inhaling any smoke is not good for your lungs....however, how many people have smoked weed and still are professional athletes? Most decorated Olympian of all time ring a bell? (In a cardiovascular sport)
Did you not realize that buying your recreational drug of choice simply enriches gangs, cartels, and drug dealers? You do not live in a vacuum. Your choices have a ripple affect throughout society. This is your example of weed hurting someone. Or ask the families of gang violence in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back