Players Arrested (Old news)

So stupid. Can we stop arresting 17 and 18 year olds for smoking pot? Or even drinking?

They're going to do that stuff. Let's not make it out like it's the end of the world. So long as they aren't putting anyone else in danger, who gives a crap?

Why is it too much to ask these guys just not do drugs?

I was replying to what dude said. Also Karen, calm down.
Inappropriate response.
I knew what you were doing.
But your response to his political response was also political.
The Karen reference is very 2020. Plus my MIL is named Karen and she’s awesome and loves the Vols and I have no idea how she votes and I don’t care.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
I've never seen a guy shaking uncontrollably on a hospital bed along with arrhythmia and other symptoms due to withdrawal from weed. I don't get it. Is the buzz from weed somehow sinister as compared to booze? Tennessee is weird like that. I know in the rural areas they are very religious. No beer on Sunday etc....and that's part of the charm of rural Tennessee...but man they like their beer out there too. To me...weed is much safer than even beer from a health standpoint. Mental and physical....but it'll be awhile before Tennessee makes it legal. Btw I am far from a liberal. My uncle was the gop chairman of Houston County. I remember being told to go outside and play when I was a kid because my grandpa was having Lamar Alexander over for iced tea. I guess if you had to give me a label it'd be libertarian.
The point is it is illegal, period.

I've never seen a guy shaking uncontrollably on a hospital bed along with arrhythmia and other symptoms due to withdrawal from weed. I don't get it. Is the buzz from weed somehow sinister as compared to booze? Tennessee is weird like that. I know in the rural areas they are very religious. No beer on Sunday etc....and that's part of the charm of rural Tennessee...but man they like their beer out there too. To me...weed is much safer than even beer from a health standpoint. Mental and physical....but it'll be awhile before Tennessee makes it legal. Btw I am far from a liberal. My uncle was the gop chairman of Houston County. I remember being told to go outside and play when I was a kid because my grandpa was having Lamar Alexander over for iced tea. I guess if you had to give me a label it'd be libertarian.

Erin, Cumberland City?

Inappropriate response.
I knew what you were doing.
But your response to his political response was also political.
The Karen reference is very 2020. Plus my MIL is named Karen and she’s awesome and loves the Vols and I have no idea how she votes and I don’t care.

Although I love seeing people get triggered, I HATE the Karen diss. It was funny for the first few memes but the incels really ran with it and killed the funny

If only these fellows had grown up with green park spaces in their neighborhoods and had Whole Foods down the street..these things wouldnt happen.
Stereotype much? Not quite sure what either of those two things has to do with personal responsibility and accountability. Keep perpetuating the victim mentality, it has done wonders for our nation thus far :rolleyes: Young men know right from wrong, regardless of how dumb some laws may be, they are still laws and have consequences.

Why?

I'm sure Miami in the 1980s or UT in 1990s were pot free, right??

What is your reasoning?

Most programs suspend players for failed drug tests, including pot. I know my team always has the hand full of dudes suspended for first game or two of the year for “violation of team rules.”

Personally, I’d like to not see guys get suspended so it’s probably not a good idea to smoke pot.

Weed should be legal, but not a hundred percent legal. I mean, you shouldn't be able to just walk into a place, roll a joint and start puffing away. You should be able to smoke in your home or certain designated places, like weed bars. It breaks down like this: it should be legal to buy it, legal to own it, and if you are the proprietor of a weed bar, legal to sell it. It should be legal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause get a load of this, all right? If you get stopped by the cops, it will be illegal for them to search you. I mean, that's a right the cops in Knoxville will not have.

One can debate the coulda/shoulda/oughta aspects of legalization of cannabis, but that's not the root of the issue here. At least from my perspective, you have some talented kids that think they're above abiding by the rules *on the books*, which is a red flag. Yes, to some they're "kids being kids" but when one boils it down, these individuals willingly broke rules that they were aware of and, more importantly, they've got to know could impact their eligibility. Dumb move on their part, even without the assault/theft aspect some have mentioned.

VN Store

Back